Div III NCHA Transfer Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Div III NCHA Transfer Rules

Just curious if anyone knows the rules about transfering within the ncha?
    Does it matter what year you are?
    And how long you have to sit out if you do at all?

Re: Div III NCHA Transfer Rules

Originally posted by hockey4ever23 View Post
    Not a big fan of losing in Superior?

Comment

not sure but i bet it sucks? you know anything of the rules?

Comment

I believe the league rule is that you must sit out one semester.
        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

does it matter what year you are or just a semester for everyone?

Comment

does it matter what year you are or just a semester for everyone?
            I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it's a single semester no matter what. Jazman posted out a while back that it's a NCHA-specific rule because of the UW schools' affiliation with the WIAC. The rule was directed to prevent midseason basketball transfers in the WIAC and is also applied to the NCHA.

Hence, I'm pretty sure it's just one full semester.
            Last edited by Matthew Webb; 01-31-2010, 12:01 AM.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
              I believe the league rule is that you must sit out one semester.
              It is de-facto that you must sit out a semester, meaning it doesn't specifically say you "must sit out a semester", but that is the effect of the rule:

13.5 Transfer Restriction. A transfer student is prohibited from competing for more than one institution in the sport of ice hockey during that same academic year.
              See: HANDBOOK ON THE GOVERNANCE OF THE NORTHERN COLLEGIATE HOCKEY ASSOCIATION [NCHA]

Try here if above doesn't open.
              Last edited by norm1909; 01-31-2010, 01:38 AM.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

So someone could transfer after there freshman year and not have to sit out as long as they are academically eligible? I was told that it was a full season no matter what but there is nothing in the ncha constitution that says anything of that sort.

Comment

So someone could transfer after there freshman year and not have to sit out as long as they are academically eligible? I was told that it was a full season no matter what but there is nothing in the ncha constitution that says anything of that sort.

I was told earlier today that your first statement is the correct one. Came in here to amend my earlier statement.

Was told by someone affiliated with a NCHA athletic department that you don't have to sit out if it's after your freshman year and it's a full year otherwise. Was also told they were "100% certain" of that.

If you really want out of wherever you currently are, get permission from your current school to speak to other programs then talk to the people at the school you want to transfer to. They will most certainly know exactly how it works.

Hope that helps at least a little.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                  19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Working...
                  X