This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Hockey, Part II

Didn't see this thread started anywhere.
    Originally posted by Chris_NH
    My earlier take that BC has a nasty habit (IMO) of playing one good period and two mediocre ones held to form last night...a better opponent than Providence could have turned the game into a nail-biter.

But in that 1st Period, BC sure looked like a 'Frozen Four' team; the rest of the way, not so much.
    I think it's hard to gauge anything at all from a game against Providence, from how good we looked to how 'meh' we looked. They are bad.

It's got to be really hard to keep the foot on the gas after going up by 4 goals so early against such a bad team. I mean, our skating was pretty nonchalant in the last two periods, and we outplayed them like crazy. There's no need to kill yourself out there in a game like that.

I agree, though. I haven't really seen them play too many "complete" games yet.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Did I miss something? No number 19 out there against Prov. Sup wit dat??
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
      Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Did I miss something? No number 19 out there against Prov. Sup wit dat??
      Heard that Kreider is hurt, but I don't know how badly or anything.

Comment

I think it's absolutely nonsense that anyone could consider the 2nd period (or even the 3rd) a mediocre one for BC. They hit the iron twice, buzzed the zone almost the entire period (really, the whole freakin game), tried some backdoor stuff that didn't quite work, and looked fantastic. MAYBE, you could say the 3rd wasn't as good, but mostly because of the last 5 minutes when they pulled back and put in Lyles and Alber more.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Good to see Sneep have a good game against PC. If he could only keep that up...

He played a very solid game with no mistakes.

Comment

I noticed no #19 as well, maybe someone has info??

Comment

I'm told he "tweaked" his hip. He's O.K. and we should expect to see him Monday night.
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Good to hear. I didn't think it was anything serious. That was as good a game as any to sit him.

Comment

i hear TCross is planning on the championship game in the beanpot for his return. good news for the kid.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i hear TCross is planning on the championship game in the beanpot for his return. good news for the kid.
                    I actually heard today that he was skating with the team and looked good so you might be right. Would definitly be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Kinda cocky, no?
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Kinda cocky, no?
                        It's part of what Mookie does. He's trying to do the jinxing thing.

BTW, congrats on the Beanpot title to you BU fans, two weeks in advance. (suck it mookie)

Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

i guess he is finally honoring his committment to BU. will he be playing in both games then?
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            Kinda cocky, no?
                            no, that was all my assumption... not the kid's. i only heard "2nd beanpot game", but we know they are beating harvard.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Whitney brothers have reached new heights

Comment

Working...
                              X