This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

Did BC switch goaltenders tonight because of an injury, or just to give someone experience?
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
      Did BC switch goaltenders tonight because of an injury, or just to give someone experience?
      Just to give Venti some ice time. Milner wasn't hurt or anything.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

i was a bit surprised that milner played again and not muse since he (milner) also played sunday......i know it seemed like a game(merrimack at home) jerry would start him in but the back to back thing is surprising, IMO.so........the kid pitches a shut out

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Just to give Venti some ice time. Milner wasn't hurt or anything.
          I think he might be referring to Muse...if that's the case, I think they're just giving him some rest. They have 4 games in 8 days. I think we'll see Muse against UMass
          I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

โ€œI want to be like them.โ€ -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
            I think he might be referring to Muse...if that's the case, I think they're just giving him some rest. They have 4 games in 8 days. I think we'll see Muse against UMass
            I think we'll see Muse here on out, except maybe in the HEA quarters if we have a sufficiently weak opponent.

I really don't care though. Both have been playing *very* well.

Comment

Postgame Video from Tuesday's Game from Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVIAhMjqRvo

Comment

I think Da Costa being out for Merrimack (who apparently was sick, according to the USCHO recap) hurt them a bit in the offensive category, which helped us a bit defensively and in turn made 'Mack look very bad throughout. However, I don't think that really made a difference in how our offense played/Mack's defense played (unless you argue that Da Costa would lead to more puck possession and would help Mack's D a bit) which was the main story in the game. With or without the Frenchy though, I think this game would've been a blowout. Da Costa might have been the difference between a 7-0 BC win and a 6-1 or 6-2 BC win. Yet another impressive performance by the team though. It's amazing to think that they just lit up a Merrimack team that gave up 1 goal to UMass all weekend...who happens to be our next opponent. Only 1 point away from securing home ice!

By the way, doesn't it seem like we often beat teams when they're red hot (Maine, BU in the Beanpot, NU, Merrimack, even people were trying to say Harvard was "hot" heading into the 'Pot) and lose to teams that were previously struggling (SLU, BU and UML)? Hopefully this trend doesn't continue on Friday when struggling UMass comes to town.
                Boston College '12
                1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  ...I really don't care though. Both have been playing *very* well.
                  Don't you mean "All three" :-). Venti still has a perfect career save percentage.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

BC is just killing teams right now. I think it goes to show you that:

A) BC is rising up at the end of the season when it matters
                    AND
                    B) BC is head and shoulders above than the rest of Hockey East right now and that standings, PWR, rankings, etc aren't really representing the reality of the situation.

Merrimack isn't that bad of a team. Average? Yes. But not awfu like they used to be. Same with UMass. And they smoked both of them recently.

I also think it's worth noting that the goaltending is definitely better now than it was earlier on and that the team was playing some great hockey and not getting blowouts prior to this stretch (the Harvard game comes to mind as a dominating game where they almost didn't finish it off).

With a team this young, it's not a shocker that they are getting better as the year goes on. The freshman class is ridonkulous. They're still young and anything can happen. Especially once you get into the NCAAs. But I do like this team and they way they are playing. Goals the rest of the way are to get the RS crown and HE crown and make a deep tourney run which will be key to having some experience for next year when BC is simply going to be filthy.

I'd love for BC to get a shot at the RS crown at Conte on senior night. Would make for quite a show.
                    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-24-2010, 07:08 AM.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      EagleAction.com has a pretty good beat writer covering the team, although you need to subscribe ($10/mo) to read most of the stories. While they provide good coverage, most of the information is readily available on here within a few hours of it being posted on any pay sites.

InsideCollegeHockey.com is the best place to read national college hockey coverage (sorry USCHO), and their writers seem to like BC and write about them a lot.
                      Thank you everyone for the tips. I tried out Eagleaction and am pretty happy with the game content. Inside collete hockey is also is a good site. Many thanks. Go Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        BC is head and shoulders above than the rest of Hockey East right now
                        The UNH series will prove that out.
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

The UNH series will be a split, but I think BC will handle them at the TD Garden.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I've seen every team in Hockey East in person and BC is by far the best team when they show up to play. Sadly for the league, BC is the only team that has a good chance of making any noise in the national tourney. Just look at how top seeded UNH has fared out of conference.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              The UNH series will be a split, but I think BC will handle them at the TD Garden.
                              Why are you so convinced of that? Sure, the Whittemore Center hasn't been kind to BC, but they're a respectable 4-4-1 in the last nine trips, including a game BC should have won earlier in the season.

York was talking about how they're "trying to win a pennant". Beat UMass Friday like we all think they will, and it's in their own hands no matter what UNH does against Northeastern. They've been chasing UNH all year and now that they're three wins from the title, I wouldn't put it past them.

Comment

We might not see this team lose another game until the 2011-2012 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X