X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

BC also scored a late game-tying goal and an OT winner vs. team
    elephant walk in the 2006 quarterfinals.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      Marty Reasoner scored a game winner with under a minute left, vs PC in HE quarterfinals in, IIRC, 1999.
      1998 I think. Reasoner and Gionta on a line just wasn't even fair. What a team and run they had after blowing that game vs. Harvard in the Beanpot. They never lost another game until the title game vs. Michigan.

4 seconds left.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

the last overtime win at conte was 10/13/2006 vs Team USA but that was an exhibition game. Prior to that, BC beat vermont on 3/9/2006 in the HE playoffs. The last regular season overtime win was 12/10/2004 vs NU

going back to 98-99 season BC is 6-5-17 in OT at home, 9-11-22 in OT on the road, and 12-7-3 in OT at neutral sites.

Home goal scorers were 99 orpik (uma), 03 collins (mc), 05 s gionta (uma), 05 spina (NU), 06 Harrold (uvm), 07 ferriero (USA).

Away goal scorers were 01 Kobasew (HU), 02 guiliano (uma), 02 shannon (uma), 04 havern (PC), 06 boyle (uml), 07 rooney (maine), 09 bradford (mc), 09 almeida (dart), 09 price (pc)

neutral site scorers were 99 gionta (osu), 99 beufielle (unh), 00 farkas (msu), 01 kolanos (und), 04 murphy (bu), 04 b eaves (mich), 05 collins (scsu), 05 alberts (maine), 08 gerbe (bu), 08 petrecki (HU), 08 ferriero (UNH), 08 whitney (miami).

funfact: NU is 3 of our 5 home OT losses with the others coming to BU 2010 and UNH 2003
        Last edited by SteveF; 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Good stuff Steve.

Are you sure Giuliano scored in 05? He was gone by then.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

you are right. it should say s gionta

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

We lost to Lowell last year at Conte in OT as well. They scored with something like 17 seconds left to tie the game, then scored again in overtime.
              Boston College '12
              1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                We lost to Lowell last year at Conte in OT as well. They scored with something like 17 seconds left to tie the game, then scored again in overtime.
                That was awful.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

and to NU in OT in november or december 2007 i think

Comment

FYI - Sunday is a doubleheader with the women dropping the puck against UNH at 7 pm. It is senior night for the women so please stay, at least for the first period if you can't stay for the full game.

The men's game is a tv game so there won't be much waiting time between the two games.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

coincidently, the team that won the NC in 2008 lost 2 ot games at home that year. no other team lost more than 1 at home; and 8 in that span never lost at home. the 2000-2001 and 2004-2005 teams never lost in ot all year.

what does all that mean? nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        and to NU in OT in november or december 2007 i think
                        I remember that game. It was over Thanksgiving break. That was the low point of Carl Sneep's season - he got burned on the NU GWG. From that point forward though, Sneep got better and better and was outstanding in the postseason.
                        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                        -
                        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

and that 2008 NC team was 6-7-4 at home (4-7-3 HE) .......wonder when the last time a team won it all with a sub .500 record at home.........

Comment

Over/Under points for Atkinson/Whitney/Gibbons on Friday: 5. Discuss.
                            ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

FYI BC did have some tickets yesterday for friday night but i couldnt get over there to get'em, hopefully BC will sell 'em rather than give them back to NU but they did have them

Comment

Originally posted by eetzasqueed View Post
                                Given the recent traveling us BC students have done, I'm hopeful that we can get a decent crowd to Matthews on Friday. It would be nice to take away some of the advantage the Doghouse brings to NU
                                I got four from BC. I expect the BC section to be full.

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                Rumor has it Price will still be out on Friday. Here's hoping that rumor is wrong. He took a real stinger in Lowell - Im assuming that's what's caused the injury.
                                Is it related to what knocked him out of the UMass game?

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                BC also scored a late game-tying goal and an OT winner vs. team elephant walk in the 2006 quarterfinals.
                                Collins and Harrold. If they don't tie that game late, who knows if they ever meet Wisconsin.

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                                Don't get me started on that game. Just another reason why seeing UML lose with 13 seconds left was so satisfying.

Originally posted by eetzasqueed View Post
                                Over/Under points for Atkinson/Whitney/Gibbons on Friday: 5. Discuss.
                                NU is playing better. I expect a game like we saw against Lowell rather than what we saw against UMass.

Comment

Working...
                                X