X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

Just a reminder.
    Tonight's UML at BC game starts at 5:00 pm.
    5:00 PM Start
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Their best D is Sneep
      Hands down
      This may be the most ignorant post ever on this board.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Just a reminder.
        Tonight's UML at BC game starts at 5:00 pm.
        5:00 PM Start
        Thanks SO MUCH, Dude. I just saw this and would have missed the whole game!
        Whew, what a save!
        BC '97
        Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Their best D is Sneep
          Hands down
          Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          This may be the most ignorant post ever on this board.
          Hokydad is right - Sneep is BC's best D-man, with Samuelson right behind him I say. For theprofromdover to actually rebut this with such an over-the-top statement is ridiculous. Anyone who watches all the games at least knows how good & effective Sneep is at his position, even if disagreeing with him being BC's #1.

Some other posts reference the +/- totals thus far, which show Sneep way behind Dumoulin's +14. I agree with the posters who responded by mentioning the eyeball test, which refers to understanding who's the best on D by watching all the games, and Sneep passes this test without a doubt as #1. He's a great puck-mover and is very efficient at breaking up plays in his area, even 2 on 1's for that matter. Very rarely does he ever get burned. And these are merely his defensive qualities - he's fantastic at the point on offense as well, not only with his puck-moving ability, but with his awesome shot.

Plus/minus stats don't tell the whole story. Remember, Petrecki was really high in this stat last year, and as much as I liked him as a player, I still say he could sometimes be a liability with all the times he put us on the penalty kill. Just one example.
          BC '97
          Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Historically +/- in HE has been pointless since it wasn't tracked accurately by the league. Has that changed?
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

PHEW.

Let's just be happy with the two points this weekend against a very tough team! I'm glad to see this series end because as much as I respect Lowell's D, they're boring as all hell to watch.

They gutted out a few good chances in the third despite being stymied over and over again; it was nice to see their efforts rewarded with a late goal.

I thought Milner played pretty well, the goal he gave up was a tough rebound on a Lowell PP.

Time to salt and burn Northeastern next week.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I'm so glad pulled out a win at home and salvaged the weekend. I wasn't there but from what I heard it was pretty dramatic

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                  I'm so glad pulled out a win at home and salvaged the weekend. I wasn't there but from what I heard it was pretty dramatic
                  It was a really, really tight game - not a lot of room to move out there. Lowell makes very few mistakes and they did a very good job of slowing down our breakout for the entire game. Whenever it looked like BC would be able to sneak around the D for an odd-man rush, one of the D-men was able to break it up. And when they did get clear shots off, Hutton came up big.

It wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing game to watch (pretty boring and a very quiet crowd), but it's really good to see them pull out the W.
                  -

Comment

Forgot to mention, Patches O'Houlihan did an admirable job filling in on the wing of Matt Lombardi in place of the absent Matt Price.

Surprised to see Patch instead of T. Atkinson, but it worked out fairly well.
                    Last edited by joegrav; 02-13-2010, 08:07 PM.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by brightonjohn View Post
                      Hokydad is right - Sneep is BC's best D-man, with Samuelson right behind him I say. For theprofromdover to actually rebut this with such an over-the-top statement is ridiculous. Anyone who watches all the games at least knows how good & effective Sneep is at his position, even if disagreeing with him being BC's #1.

Some other posts reference the +/- totals thus far, which show Sneep way behind Dumoulin's +14. I agree with the posters who responded by mentioning the eyeball test, which refers to understanding who's the best on D by watching all the games, and Sneep passes this test without a doubt as #1. He's a great puck-mover and is very efficient at breaking up plays in his area, even 2 on 1's for that matter. Very rarely does he ever get burned. And these are merely his defensive qualities - he's fantastic at the point on offense as well, not only with his puck-moving ability, but with his awesome shot.

Plus/minus stats don't tell the whole story. Remember, Petrecki was really high in this stat last year, and as much as I liked him as a player, I still say he could sometimes be a liability with all the times he put us on the penalty kill. Just one example.
                      We are talking about Carl Sneep, right? He's having a career year offensively, but his being way behind Dumoulin in +/- is a direct result of Dumoulin being much, much, much more dependable in his own end.

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      Forgot to mention, Patches O'Houlihan did an admirable job filling in on the wing of Ben Smith in place of the absent Matt Price.

Surprised to see Patch instead of T. Atkinson, but it worked out fairly well.
                      Nitpicking here, but it was:

Kreider-Smith-Hayes
                      Almeida-Lombardi-Alber

I'll take the split and move on. 17-9-2 (12-7-2) and currently tied for 4th in PWR. That was a hectic week. Time to get a good week of practice in before the NU series. Milner may have wanted the lone goal back he let in (and I was surprised he started), but he was very solid. Not a very sharp performance for BC, but of all the things that have happened against UML the last couple years, killing off that penalty and then scoring was fantastic. Pretty sure York went down the bench to yell at Shea for taking that one...

Who was the d in the 3rd that let a guy walk right around him and in on Milner alone?

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        Let's just be happy with the two points this weekend against a very tough team! I'm glad to see this series end because as much as I respect Lowell's D, they're boring as all hell to watch.
                        You can say that again! Dang, that was a snoozer.
                        I was happy as a pig in poop with the game winner though. Lowell was playing for the tie the entire third period, and we finally burned 'em.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Nitpicking here, but it was:

Kreider-Smith-Hayes
                          Almeida-Lombardi-Alber
                          \

Yeah, my bad... that's what I meant to say.

I forgot about how big that late penalty kill was. Took a penalty with 2:50 left. How many god**** times has BC had to kill a penalty in the late minutes of a close game?

But the PK came up big. Lowell never even really got it set up.
                          Last edited by joegrav; 02-13-2010, 08:07 PM.
                          -

Comment

samuelson and wey dont strike me as a sturdy pair. for as soft as shea is, that was not the time to start needlessly elbowing people.

good win otherwise. hutton was insane.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by brightonjohn View Post
                              Hokydad is right - Sneep is BC's best D-man, with Samuelson right behind him I say.
                              Pass the bong over here. Seriously, no offense, but watching this team for several months, Samuelsson is not even close to the 2nd best Dman. Wey looks better by a little bit. Cross is far superior. Dumoulin is in another stratosphere. It's debatable for the top player, but Dumoulin looked fantastic again tonight, brilliant pinch on the GWG. Samuelsson struggled at times again. Sneep dominates when he is on, but when he isn't it is ugly. Sneep did pretty well tonight.

So Samuelsson is probably BC's 5th best Dman. Maybe 4th if you put him over Wey, which is iffy at best.

Is it true, was Ulfie in the stands tonight?
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-13-2010, 09:15 PM.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Honestly, I thought Lowell played as perfect of a game as they can play against us. With that, you have to give BC serious props for getting Lowell's A+ game and still getting the W.

Nice to see some late heroics. Don't get that too often at Conte.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X