• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Best defense is a good offense....

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    exactly

I do believe this to an extent, but BC scores .69 goals a game more than BU, not exactly a major difference over the course of 26 games. Also the offensive zone time for each club will not be as disparate as you may believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Hahahahaha. O RLY?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009020876

That was awful mean of the NHL to leave him off of the box score for that game, as well as every other game since December, seeing as he played in the game, according to Hokydad and his infinite wisdom.
      Good point, i saw number 37 for minute and thought it was him,. Which it was not

he has 2 pts in 2 games, boyle 6 in 58

Gerbe won natl champ for you, Boyle goated it away

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Sorry, you missed my edit. I meant to say that this year, they only started using five forwards recently. Sneep was replaced by Steven Whitney.

And you know that that drives kids nuts? Sorry, again, I can't take you seriously when you throw such a generality out there.

I'm not sure why you're breaking down every dman now. All I'm saying is it's a pretty good bet that all will be back next year. Sneep out, MacLeod in.
        any dman with pride would be pi***** off if 5 F's were on the PP. They will suck it up for the good of the team but still be annoyed.

Comment

Good point, i saw number 37 for minute and thought it was him,. Which it was not

he has 2 pts in 2 games, boyle 6 in 58

Gerbe won natl champ for you, Boyle goated it away
          1. Gerbe is #42 for Buffalo... in college he was #9....

2. MY POINT EXACTLY. Boyle is the NHL prospect (as are Yip, Ferriero) while guys like Gerbe and Collins aren't. Who would you rather have on your college team? I trust York's judgement of who makes a good NCAA player over what some supposed anonymous NHL scout thinks.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
            I do believe this to an extent, but BC scores .69 goals a game more than BU, not exactly a major difference over the course of 26 games. Also the offensive zone time for each club will not be as disparate as you may believe.
            .70 goals more a game is huge....

Comment

Anyone who wouldn't want to play for a team because their power play system wouldn't pad their individual point totals is not someone I want playing for BC anyway. Let them go to Canada.

Come play college hockey if you want to compete for championships and get a degree while playing high-level hockey. This isn't a minor league development camp.
              -

Comment

1. Gerbe is #42 for Buffalo... in college he was #9....

2. MY POINT EXACTLY. Boyle is the NHL prospect (as are Yip, Ferriero) while guys like Gerbe and Collins aren't. Who would you rather have on your college team? I trust York's judgement of who makes a good NCAA player over what some supposed anonymous NHL scout thinks.
                I know his college number.. I also have followed him at Portland and Buffalo, just not much lately, obviously.

What does Yip have to do with York?

Collins is not a pro because of his attitude and out of shape. Burned bridges immediatly in Providence wuth Bruins and they shipped him off in a blink, hard to recover when you geta bad rep like that

Ferriero was a great college player, did all of the little things right, had 150+/- points, went to 3 national championship games, won a Beanpot, Hockey east titles etc. A true 18 year old freshmen when he came out. Ran the PP for them last 2 years there. Its not his fault he is also a great pro prospect

Comment

Anyone who wouldn't want to play for a team because their power play system wouldn't pad their individual point totals is not someone I want playing for BC anyway. Let them go to Canada.

Come play college hockey if you want to compete for championships and get a degree while playing high-level hockey. This isn't a minor league development camp.
                  Its laughable and naive to think that kids, families and advisors with D 1 dreams and NHL goals feel that way. they might suck it up when they get there but a joke to think otherwise. Every kid there is for the team but looks at stats, listens to see if they got the 2nd assist etc.

You live in a dream world superjoe...

If that was the criteria for playing at BC, you wouldnt have any of the players there today, zero

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Hokydad, I don't know if you know this, but Steve Cedorchuk is not the coach at BC. The reason BC only has one d commit right now is because they only have one senior and don't expect anyone to leave early after this year.
                    Hahahahahhaa. Hokydope, you really are a sweet little turd.

Anyway, as far as the concept of forwards playing the point, it's the chicken-egg theory here. York has dabbled with guys back there for a while now. He's done it with Pat Eaves, Ryan Shannon (who also does this in the NHL... HMMMMMMMM), Benn Ferriero and last year Whitney. Keep in mind, Whitney was also moved back to D because every defenseman on the team could not move the puck up the ice without handing it over to the other team. That says a lot IMO, both about Whitney and what York had to use last year. This year it has been different.

Now... if a defenseman with offense were to go to BC, they'd certainly get time back there. Has BC used Cross on the PP this year? Sneep? Certainly. Dumoulin has been back there as an 18 year old freshman. The Cross injury forced him to reinvent the PP and it's been working. I'm sure he'd rather lose these games with lower PP% so some recruit might want to play at BC so then the PP could get better and... oh look, we're right back where we started with the forwards at the point.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ferriero was a great college player, did all of the little things right, had 150+/- points, went to 3 national championship games, won a Beanpot, Hockey east titles etc. A true 18 year old freshmen when he came out. Ran the PP for them last 2 years there. Its not his fault he is also a great pro prospect
                      You make a good point here, actually. Ferriero was an excellent player for BC and a huge contributor to the '08 title team. But anyone who watched his offensive output last year would have been surprised to see him go straight to the NHL at the start of '09-'10 - for the Sharks, no less.

What Yip has to do with it, you'd understand if you weren't so god**** dense. He wasn't exactly a worldbeater in college (I thought he was a hack myself) but he's proving to be quite the legit NHL player.
                      -

Comment

any dman with pride would be pi***** off if 5 F's were on the PP. They will suck it up for the good of the team but still be annoyed.
                        Ha you know, I did notice that the defensemen celebrated by themselves after the win Monday night

Yes, any d-man wants to get additional PP time, but if they get ****ed/annoyed and let it bother them, they're being selfish. Jerry York's job isn't to boost egos, it's to field his best team.

Collins is not a pro because of his attitude and out of shape. Burned bridges immediatly in Providence wuth Bruins and they shipped him off in a blink, hard to recover when you geta bad rep like that
                        Here we go again with your know-it-all attitude on EVERY player. Chris Collins simply isn't good enough. He had a great senior year, but he doesn't have the explosion/grit combination that a Gerbe/Gionta have.

Comment

If that was the criteria for playing at BC, you wouldnt have any of the players there today, zero
                          Really? Zero? You think that like, Matt Lombardi, Brooks Dyroff, Chris Venti, and Patch Alber only came to BC so they could have a better chance of getting into the NHL? LOL

No offense to any of those guys who are all solid players and character guys and who knows, maybe they'll all get their chance to play pro hockey. But that's just a laughable comment hokydad.
                          -

Comment

Also, the irony of hokydad's argument should be noted when comparing BC and BU. BU not too long ago had a young man that played forward manning the point on the PP before he realized he was going to flunk out. Must have really ticked off his teammates and I'm sure guys like Shattenkirk, Cohen, and Warsofsky dropped BU like a bad habit when they were being recruited!!!!

Just sayin.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

You make a good point here, actually. Ferriero was an excellent player for BC and a huge contributor to the '08 title team. But anyone who watched his offensive output last year would have been surprised to see him go straight to the NHL at the start of '09-'10 - for the Sharks, no less.

because ferriero is an old school type of player and played hurt all year.
                              he was always a pro type player going back to his freshmen year at GDA when he was an every other **** center. I remember being at that dump rink when they played cushing and York came to watch. Stood in the bathroom between periods and asked him what he thought of Ben and he said, "that kid gets it". He still does, ask his San Jose coach.

What Yip has to do with it, you'd understand if you weren't so god**** dense. He wasn't exactly a worldbeater in college (I thought he was a hack myself) but he's proving to be quite the legit NHL player.
                              because you were talking all bc players and kept adding Yips name in there, and associating it with York.
                              He might have been a hackbut had close to a point agame and almost 100 points, as well as a bunch of Hockey east championships and natl championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Also, the irony of hokydad's argument should be noted when comparing BC and BU. BU not too long ago had a young man that played forward manning the point on the PP before he realized he was going to flunk out. Must have really ticked off his teammates and I'm sure guys like Shattenkirk, Cohen, and Warsofsky dropped BU like a bad habit when they were being recruited!!!!

Just sayin.
                                Now we are going to believe that CB earned what he got at BU? please....

Comment

Working...
                                X