This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, Part II

Fan voting for the Hobey Baker Award. Gibbons and Atkinson are listed from BC.

Hobey Baker Voting
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Thumbs up. I liked that article a lot.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Two things I've noticed that seem to have made a big difference for the Eagles lately. We're doing a good job of crashing the net on shots, and with Millan's tendency of leaving rebounds out front this season, we may capitalize on some of those.

Second, John Muse seems to have reduced his rebounds out front quite a bit. Appears to me that instead of trying to cradle the puck, he is now directing it very effectively off the stick to the corners on the initial shot, more so than I recall ever seeing from him.

I like our chances tonight. The Eagles seem to be in tournament mode the last few weeks, clicking on all cylinders. They keep bringing it like they have been and I see BU having a pretty tough time trying to scratch out a win.

Go Eagles!
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Easiest 4 points of the season for BC are coming up this weekend. You're welcome.

Comment

Good win, with a couple of comments..

- The refs screwed BU for a change.
            - Gotta love the look on BU players' faces when they lose the Beanpot. Kinda like the look Derek Jeter gets when he strikes out - a little bewildered, "hey, we're BU."

Also: Samuelsson made two bonehead errors that directly led to two goals. Discuss.
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by GJD66 View Post
              Fun.
              Clemmensen

Orpik, Mottau

Gionta, Gerbe, Kobasew

Hockey East:
              DiPietro, Howard
              (LOTS of good goalies on that list, Ayers and Conklin were both great)

Dmen:
              Mottau, Gilroy, Yandle, Pock

Forwards:
              Gionta, Gerbe, Aquino, Haydar (not Hayder), Corazzini, Hemingway
              Last edited by Zudnic; 02-08-2010, 10:22 PM.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

samuelson had a bad game, and shea wasnt much better. but they are young and each game is a learning experience. nice of the whole team to play well in a trophy game after not doing so well in the denver cup.

congrats to muse. great tournament.
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

The defense held up for a while. BC looked drunk early on. Really picked it up after that.

Really unimpressed with J Whitney on 1 first period shift. He had 15 seconds of pure buffoonery. First dangling with sick skill on the delayed penalty he created, he couldn't put it in the open net. Then 15 seconds after our guys looked stupid on the PP, he goes and grabs the guy's facemask behind our own god**** net and nullifies the PP. Ridiculous.

Samuelsson with two horrendous turnovers that ended up in the net.

BC started to play stupid again.

Absolutely heinous that BC allowed a freakin SHG up 4-1 in the 3rd period. Dumoulin got caught flatfooted on that one. I thought Muse should have stuck to that side with backside help from Sneep. Warsofsky saw it so he went backhand and tried to roof it hoping Muse would go down and he did.

Overall, Muse played well. Nothing he could do on the other two goals.

Alber struggled early. Didn't see him much after that.

With BU looking to storm back in the 3rd after the Warsofsky goal, BC forwards were just flat out ridiculous with their refusal to dump it in deep. Multiple times in a span of mere minutes BC got caught holding it, dispossessed slightly, and then had two forwards caught deep as BU helpers came in and dug pucks from the middle of the ice with our guys standing still or looking to get deep.

Still, this is something to build on.

Lots of depth players coming to the forefront. Freshman class is a monster class.
                  Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

3 goals from the defensemen for BU tonight. not much you can do about that; there arent too many teams in the country with that unbalanced attack.

for a team that is so good killing penalties, they are pretty lousy with an empty net!
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

'grats on the Beanpot win tonight, and good luck the rest of the way, see you in a few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        Good win, with a couple of comments..

- The refs screwed BU for a change.
                        - Gotta love the look on BU players' faces when they lose the Beanpot. Kinda like the look Derek Jeter gets when he strikes out - a little bewildered, "hey, we're BU."

Also: Samuelsson made two bonehead errors that directly led to two goals. Discuss.
                        Hell of a game and I let out a deep sigh of relief when the final seconds ticked off.

It was kind of weird where BU's offense came from their defensemen. All the goals were scored in one end of the rink ( 6 of 7 goals) until BC broke the trend to take the game on that 4th goal.

Man if Kreider continues to score what a bonus.
                        Last edited by BCeagle; 02-08-2010, 11:12 PM.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

- Gotta love the look on BU players' faces when they lose the Beanpot. Kinda like the look Derek Jeter gets when he strikes out
                          Or, more topical and timely, kinda like the look Peyton Manning got when he threw that pick-six.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

good win. congrats on being the only boston team now with a chance to win the national title.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Corazzini
                              Really? I haven't done it yet but I doubt he even makes my BU list. I also guess the website doesn't care that only 3/8ths of his career was in the decade in question

Besides that I have no real disagreements with your list, just my own personal biases would make it come out a little differently here and there.

Edit: Nice showing tonight, enjoy Kreider while you can

Comment

All postgame Beanpot video from last night via Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9gM230qtA (BC Press Conference)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXgcNt4PXQo (BU Press Conference)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJk2-vEkSf0 (Beanpot Extra: BU's Colby Cohen and BC's Carl Sneep and Chris Kreider)

Comment

Working...
                                X