Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (2/5, 2/6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (2/5, 2/6)

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    And this is exactly why it's called a "trap game". Clarkson has nothing to lose these days, whereas they probably know Union is pressing. Clarkson could easily catch Union looking ahead to SLU, though I don't see Nate Leaman as the type of coach to let that happen. This game is just as big as Saturday's, IMO.
    Perhaps even bigger. It is the opportunity that U needs and could be the true turning point of this season...play well and control the game and it can serve as the catalyst this team needs to get back on course. The flip side is that a poor showing could serve as the nail in the coffin on this regular season. In all honesty, good vs. bad showings means nothing...it really needs to be marks in the W column.

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
      Perhaps even bigger. It is the opportunity that U needs and could be the true turning point of this season...play well and control the game and it can serve as the catalyst this team needs to get back on course. The flip side is that a poor showing could serve as the nail in the coffin on this regular season. In all honesty, good vs. bad showings means nothing...it really needs to be marks in the W column.
      Definitely - one of those games that can't make your season, but it sure could break it.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

If there's ever a time for RPI to wear someone down & beat them up, this would be it.
        Well, we did alright Sat. night in New Haven !
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

And this is exactly why it's called a "trap game". Clarkson has nothing to lose these days, whereas they probably know Union is pressing. Clarkson could easily catch Union looking ahead to SLU, though I don't see Nate Leaman as the type of coach to let that happen. This game is just as big as Saturday's, IMO.
          Agreed. I don't care how crappy a season Clarkson has been having, I don't think a win against them is ever a given, especially with a team laden with (supposed) NHL prospects. I think they really started off on the wrong foot this season with the preseason arrests of 3 of their incoming players and it was just dowhnill from there. As far as RPI is concerned, I don't think they will fall into that "trap" against Clarkson because of the traditional enmity between these two teams.
          Last edited by Wholin1; 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Clarkson couldn't catch a cold right now. If we take one point from this weekend I will be surprised.
            And if we die, before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad, we were super rad.

Comment

Clarkson season: Injuries + suspensions = SLU reigns supreme in the North Country! Nothing else matters (as much).

Comment

Just a reminder for Union/Clarkson fans not in the greater area - Tomorrow night's game will not only be broadcast across upstate NY on TWC3, but also nationwide on the NHL Network. If you don't have it, your local sports watering hole should.

As always, both games can be heard on WRUC 89.7 in Schenectady, and on the internet at teamline.cc - Search for Union College Athletics!

Only 4 more home games total, so if you've been meaning to get out to see the Dutchmen, don't put it off any longer!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Well, we did alright Sat. night in New Haven !
                  You're welcome.. now kindly return the favor and soften up SLU a bit
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Here's the bad news Union and RPI fans.

Not only is Kain Tisi having the season of his career (currently D1 #2 in Save % and #4 in GAA -right up there with Scrivens), by all reports the Saints are incredibly well conditioned and outplaying opponents in the third period. And to make it more fun, (opinion here) in a sense, SLU has nothing to lose. They are supposed to be "rebuilding", picked to be #11 in one pre-season poll and it seems to me they are just working hard and having fun. About as loose as you can get. And, since It will be very hard for SLU to make the dance as a TUC, even more than usual, they have to be gunning for the ECAC title.

The good news for you: You have two shots -- a couple of key players are banged up and, of course, it's the ECAC where anything can happen and all pre-game analysis can be rendered moot as fast as you can say "questionable call by the ref."
                    Last edited by bcarlisle; 02-04-2010, 11:37 AM.
                    St. Lawrence University
                    World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post

Not only is Kain Tisi having the season of his career (currently D1 #2 in Save % and #4 in GAA -right up there with Scrivens), by all reports the Saints are incredibly well conditioned and outplaying opponents in the third period. And to make it more fun, (opinion here) in a sense, SLU has nothing to lose. They are supposed to be "rebuilding", picked to be #11 in one pre-season poll and it seems to me they are just working hard and having fun. About as loose as you can get. And, since It will be very hard for SLU to be a TUC, even more than usual, they have to be gunning for the ECAC title.

The good news for you: You have two shots -- a couple of key players are banged up and, of course, it's the ECAC where anything can happen and all pre-game analysis can be rendered moot as fast as you can say "questionable call by the ref."
                      Here's the bad news for SLU: Jerry D'Amigo, Brandon Pirri, and Chase Polacek could care less how well Kain Tisi is playing.

We make our own chances. Thanks.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Here's the bad news for SLU: Jerry D'Amigo, Brandon Pirri, and Chase Polacek could care less how well Kain Tisi is playing.

and Paul Kerins is probably going to be in the lineup also.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not only is Kain Tisi having the season of his career (currently D1 #2 in Save % and #4 in GAA -right up there with Scrivens), by all reports the Saints are incredibly well conditioned and outplaying opponents in the third period. And to make it more fun, (opinion here) in a sense, SLU has nothing to lose. They are supposed to be "rebuilding", picked to be #11 in one pre-season poll and it seems to me they are just working hard and having fun. About as loose as you can get. And, since It will be very hard for SLU to be a TUC, even more than usual, they have to be gunning for the ECAC title.

BRING IT ON!

Comment

I like my bad news better
                            St. Lawrence University
                            World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

I like my bad news better
                              I have a feeling you may not after tomorrow.

The bottom line is, how YOUR team is playing doesn't 100% determine how the game will result. So what if Tisi is playing well? Maybe our forwards are playing better, and then he's not playing so well, is he?

By the way, I mentioned SLU as a potential first round bye about a month ago and TimU of all people laughed me off.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I have a feeling you may not after tomorrow.

The bottom line is, how YOUR team is playing doesn't 100% determine how the game will result. So what if Tisi is playing well? Maybe our forwards are playing better, and then he's not playing so well, is he?

By the way, I mentioned SLU as a potential first round bye about a month ago and TimU of all people laughed me off.
                                I'm not sure I'd call it laughing you off. You did mention them as one of your possibilities for a first-round bye, and it looks like you were right (that they have a legitimate shot).

But I'd say the same thing today that I said in that post, and I'll still be saying it if SLU finishes in first place. I'm extremely impressed with what SLU has accomplished this year, considering what they lost, the talent they're going up against, and the guys who have been injured. I hope they get four points this weekend, but if they get two I'll take 'em and run, and compliment them on another great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X