D3 officiating concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 officiating concerns

This as bad as I've ever seen it. Way to many penalties being called. Officials trying to "clean up" an already clean game. Officials who can't keep up with play. It's bad. Real Bad. Unfortunately their are a couple of good ones and they get called to do the D1 games, but they have been few and far between. The D3 women's game is at it's best ever but the house league officiating is flat out embarrassing.

Re: D3 officiating concerns

Come to Rochester and see our referee's. This is as embarrassing as it gets. They only quality game I've seen this year is the second game against Elmira. They let them play and acted like they wanted to be out there. One of the refs does alot of our men's games.
    RIT TIGERS
    2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

I would somewhat agree. I think they often get too involved in games and get whistle happy in the physical games. If a player hits the ice from incidental contact, they seem to think they need to make a call. If anything, there should be less calls and they should just let the girls play.

I would rather they let them play and call the game evenly (even if it's a physical game) than get involved in the game and start making soft calls. I hate when the third period comes around and they start calling things like interference and tripping when the game is close.

Just watching them out there, I feel like they aren't that interested in the game.

Comment

I single handedly watched them ruin the Mville Norwich game with 4/5 goals scored were 5vs3. 20 penalties called for 40 minutes 2/3 of game was special teams. It was horrible.

Comment

Working...
        X