Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Originally posted by asox2000 View Post
    I rarely post on USCHO. I really just like to read the forums but this kid Alex, is ruining the forum for me and everyone else. I looked at the article about the supposed heart condition and half the article is plagiarized from Wikipedia.

Then I searched facebook and found an Alex Greer that goes to BU and on his public profile he put his high school. I looked up his HS with his name on google. I found it's a HS from CA and he posted on berecrutied.com, to have coaches look at him. Also the school only has a rollerblade team since it's in CA.

Hey Alex, it sucks everyone has dreams. BU is a D1 hockey program, only a handful of players ever are true walk-ons. I got cut from my HS baseball team and didn't post on baseball websites thinking I could walk on to Florida State. I faced reality. If you are going to post stuff here about yourself, take your public profiles into account.

By the way, looking all the information about him, took about three minutes. If that. I will now go back to reading the forums.
    Well to be fair, they did add ice hockey in 2007 (I looked it up as well): http://www.sanjosesharksblog.com/post.php?id=17

Couldn't find any game reports with this guys stats though. You're right, it's over Alex. Go join the club team.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

I rarely post on USCHO. I really just like to read the forums but this kid Alex, is ruining the forum for me and everyone else. I looked at the article about the supposed heart condition and half the article is plagiarized from Wikipedia.

Then I searched facebook and found an Alex Greer that goes to BU and on his public profile he put his high school. I looked up his HS with his name on google. I found it's a HS from CA and he posted on berecrutied.com, to have coaches look at him. Also the school only has a rollerblade team since it's in CA.

Hey Alex, it sucks everyone has dreams. BU is a D1 hockey program, only a handful of players ever are true walk-ons. I got cut from my HS baseball team and didn't post on baseball websites thinking I could walk on to Florida State. I faced reality. If you are going to post stuff here about yourself, take your public profiles into account.

By the way, looking all the information about him, took about three minutes. If that. I will now go back to reading the forums.
      For what it's worth, I contacted this Alex Greer over a week ago, identified myself as a Daily Free Press reporter interested in his story, and never heard back.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

this kid Alex, is ruining the forum for me and everyone else.
        Hyperbole much? I thought it was rather enjoyable actually

Originally posted by 13renclan View Post
        Well to be fair, they did add ice hockey in 2007
        Makes it easier to have the program record in statistical categories.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        For what it's worth, I contacted this Alex Greer over a week ago, identified myself as a Daily Free Press reporter interested in his story, and never heard back.
        Well duh, he has an exclusive deal with Claire Antioch, he feels her complete butchering of the English language adds intrigue to his story.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          Well duh, he has an exclusive deal with Claire Antioch, he feels her complete butchering of the English language adds intrigue to his story.
          Who interstingly enough doesn't seem to exist. No one in the BU directory named Antioch.

EDIT: Seems she's moved on to factual articles, two about NHL trades. Oh well.
          Boston University 2009 Champs
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
            Who interstingly enough doesn't seem to exist. No one in the BU directory named Antioch.
            She probably spelled it wrong on her application

Comment

Regarding the lineups, I feel very safe in guessing that Gaudet and Pereira will no longer be on Bonino's wing. Parker said he had thought about breaking that line up before the Maine series, and seemed very encouraged by the fact that Pereira and Gaudet created a few of the goals this weekend by themselves -- without Bonino's help.

I wouldn't be shocked if Parker has Gaudet center a line with Pereira on one wing and one of Connolly, Chiasson or Cohen on the other, simply to add another guy with some finishing ability.

Adding somebody like Santana, Courtnall or Gilroy could work, too, if Parker decides he just wants it to be an energy line -- Santana's probably the best fit if that's the case.
              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

She probably spelled it wrong on her application
                And a cool name wasted, too. Such a shame.
                GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                  Regarding the lineups, I feel very safe in guessing that Gaudet and Pereira will no longer be on Bonino's wing. Parker said he had thought about breaking that line up before the Maine series, and seemed very encouraged by the fact that Pereira and Gaudet created a few of the goals this weekend by themselves -- without Bonino's help.
                  He could break it up, but Bonino being on the ice is a lot of help considering how much attention the defense pays to him. Those two won't have the same scoring chances. Of course, there is no golden choice here that gives us zero loss in chemistry because we did lose a top center. Hopefully this weekend gives us some idea of who works well together in addition to the four points we need.
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Andy Glass

Just throwing out a name that hasn't been mentioned in all the lineup shuffling

Comment

Andy Glass

This caps fan wouldn't mind if he got some time... maybe to live up to this article:

http://offwing.com/2007/07/andrew-gl...d-in-the-rough
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        And Saponari hasn't really gotten the message completely yet. With the way Gaudet was playing, I don't think he'll get bumped from Bonino's wing, either. I think Connolly takes over Trivino's spot and Gilroy/Victor(/Glass?) fills in (as FOBUH said). Bonino's line would probably become the 1st, though.
                        Andy Glass

It was there. Subtly. Not quite invisibly though.
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                          (Sent Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010)

Injury Expected to Sideline Trivino for Remainder of Season
                          Sophomore center suffered fractured fibula Saturday vs. Maine

BOSTON - Sophomore center Corey Trivino (Toronto, Ont.) of the Boston University men's ice hockey team is expected to miss the remainder of the 2009-10 season after suffering a fractured right fibula in Saturday's 5-2 victory over Maine, head coach Jack Parker announced on Wednesday.

"This is obviously a devastating injury for Corey and our team," said Parker. "After really coming along towards the end of his freshman season, he has blossomed into a strong first-line center, especially on defense, and it will be difficult to adjust our lineup based on the way he and our team have been playing as of late."

Trivino has centered the Terriers' top forward line during their second-half surge, helping them post a 9-3-0 record in their past 12 games and move into fourth place in the Hockey East standings after being in ninth place at the semester break. He appeared in all 28 games this season, tallying 15 points on four goals and 11 assists, and he scored the game's first goal in Saturday's win before suffering the injury in the third period. His 53.5-percent win percentage on faceoffs is tops on this year's Terrier squad.

"Fortunately for Corey, he is only a sophomore," added Parker. "Once his injury has healed, we expect him to pick up where he left off and continue to develop into an All-America-caliber centerman here at BU."

Trivino, who was selected by the New York Islanders in the second round (36th overall) of the 2008 National Hockey League Entry Draft, has totaled 28 points (10g, 18a) in 60 career games at BU. Prior to arriving on campus, Trivino played two seasons for the Stouffville Spirit of the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League.

The Terriers, who are ranked 19th in this week's USCHO.com national poll, will return to action on Friday (Feb. 19) when they hit the road to face Providence in the opener of a weekend home-and-home series. The two teams will meet again at Agganis Arena on Saturday night with both contests starting at 7 p.m.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                            You got a source for us? Or any reason to think you might have any credibility left?
                            I think we are getting away from the fact that i was totally wrong about triv .... o wait
                            Sean Connery in the Jeopardy sketch. "I'll take Butt Error for 200." "That's B. U. Terror." "That's what you think!"

Comment

Talked with Parker about the lines. He said a lot is yet to be determined -- they're shuffling things around in practice to see what combinations work better. The one thing he did say is that Popko will likely bump up to center one of the top 3 lines, mentioning he might even take over Trivino's spot between Saponari and Connolly.
                              Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BUterror View Post
                                I think we are getting away from the fact that i was totally wrong about triv .... o wait
                                Actually you were since:

a) you said he was fine in the first place
                                b) "broken ankle" actually is a false term, and depending on which bone is broken near the ankle joint (in this case fibula) the recovery time differs, as well as severity etc.

But congratulations, you can be the sometimes right, stalking, medical file stealing version of 3hock. Relish it.
                                Last edited by candycanes99; 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM.
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X