Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

we obviously have to take all 4 off the friars this coming weekend.

we also need....
    uvm to sweep unh.
    nu to sweep bc.
    lowell/maine to split.
    umass to right the ship vs mack.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Prediction: The Hockey East champion will come from Boston again this year. If the seedings work out, it will be BC-BU for the rubber match in the HE title game. Two most talented teams in the league and in the end, the cream always rises to the top.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Prediction: The Hockey East champion will come from Boston again this year. If the seedings work out, it will be BC-BU for the rubber match in the HE title game. Two most talented teams in the league and in the end, the cream always rises to the top.
        In your prediction is the best cream BU or BC?
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          In your prediction is the best cream BU or BC?
          I think BC is better and will go further into March/April. BU has better defensemen (by quite a bit) but BC has more depth at forward (also by quite a bit) and that will pay dividends. Of course, BC is in much better position right now past the HE tourney and BU still has some work to do there.

But as you all know, one game between these two teams in the Garden... all bets are off.
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

definitely looking like the seeding may permit an all "Boston" final (insert obligatory newton joke). certainly as of late these two teams are tops in the conference in what they are showing us, and although i dread having to see the eagles again this year, deep in my heart i dream of a 5th matchup this year at the garden and a sixth in detroit rock city.
            lets play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              we obviously have to take all 4 off the friars this coming weekend.

we also need....
              uvm to sweep unh.
              nu to sweep bc.
              lowell/maine to split.
              umass to right the ship vs mack.
              We need all this to happen why? Are you saying this for BU to get home ice or win the regular season?

UVM is not going to sweep UNH
              Northeastern will not sweep BC. Maaaaaybe a split.
              I could see a Lowell/Maine split.
              Can see UMass taking two from the 'mack. Could also see the 'mack taking three from UMass. UMass is a mystery at the moment.

I'm worried about the loss of Trivino.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                We need all this to happen why? Are you saying this for BU to get home ice or win the regular season?

UVM is not going to sweep UNH
                Northeastern will not sweep BC. Maaaaaybe a split.
                I could see a Lowell/Maine split.
                Can see UMass taking two from the 'mack. Could also see the 'mack taking three from UMass. UMass is a mystery at the moment.

I'm worried about the loss of Trivino.
                i'm saying this as the next step to help our prospects for post-season hockey (like the four games today that i bolded - everything worked out well).

we have games upcoming against uvm (2) and nu (2). they are currently 16th and 17th in rpi (we are 20th right now, 1152p). we want them as high as possible when we sweep them (again, the boys'll need to run the table to get to the garden). lowell is now 24th, but maine is 15th so if they split it should keep lowell steady and won't kill maine that much. bc (6th) is already in solid shape. uhn (10) we lose every comparison to, so they can crash and burn for all we care

funny how uvm is close to losing their spot in our conf playoffs, but their 6-1-0 ooc record has them in a #3 seed and uhn, in 1st place, has such a crappy ooc record (1-5-1) that if uvm can get their game back, they lose a game or two to nu, then bc will finish them off that final week to solidify their spot atop the conference.... uhn could possibly go from penthouse to outhouse faster than any team this late in the season in some time.

*** right now
                bc - last #1 seed.
                uvm and uhn - #3 seeds.
                umass - last earned bid (#15)
                ----------
                maine - 17th
                our boys - t18
                nu - t20th pairwise.
                --------------

right now BU controls their own destiny for home ice. win and i get charged more $$$$
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  uhn could possibly go from penthouse to outhouse faster than any team this late in the season in some time.
                  Are you surprised?!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Are you surprised?!
                    This year I am. UNH rolled over BU @ HAA recently, the week before UNH started having problems. I think it was the following week against Merrimack when the wheels started to come off a bit. Prior to that, UNH hadn't lost a game in HE since November, I believe.
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

What is the first tie breaker in the HE standings, league wins or h2h?

Comment

Triv will probably play the next game. He seemed fine walking home after the game
                        Sean Connery in the Jeopardy sketch. "I'll take Butt Error for 200." "That's B. U. Terror." "That's what you think!"

Comment

Originally posted by BUterror View Post
                          He seemed fine walking home after the game
                          Is Trivino good enough to have a stalker? There are so many better choices
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierist View Post
                            definitely looking like the seeding may permit an all "Boston" final (insert obligatory newton joke). certainly as of late these two teams are tops in the conference in what they are showing us, and although i dread having to see the eagles again this year, deep in my heart i dream of a 5th matchup this year at the garden and a sixth in detroit rock city.
                            would be incredibly exciting for sure except for those from the "sick of BC-BU" clan.........and it could include a very good Northeastern team to make it 3 beanpot teams, throw in UNH and you'd have a rocking Gahden for HE semis, now THAT would be something!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              The 'Mack outshot UVM 40-25 and 21-6 in the third period. They're 4-2-1 in their last seven. Very glad we don't have any games left with MC.
                              it was actually even more lopsided, 45-20 in shots, glad for "mack! and UVM too

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                it was actually even more lopsided, 45-20 in shots, glad for "mack! and UVM too
                                But at least UVM has an easy close to the season...2 with UNH, 2 with BU and 2 with Lowell.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X