Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
    I thought, live, that Millan saved it. Just wow.
    So did we at the BC end of the rink. We saw a bunch of shirts jump up and cheer from behind the net and kind of paused for half a second wondering what happened. I had assumed that most of those shirts were BU fans from past experience. Then we saw the red light and let out an "OHHHHHH!!!!!"
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Too early to tell if the mojo's worn off, so we have to stick with it:

BU Hockey: 7-3-0 in '10

If this weekend goes poorly, that'll be the end of that.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Now here's one for you... Unless I'm wrong about the workings of RPI...

The loss to Notre Dame is currently hurting us more than the loss to the Engineers, as RPI has moved a spot ahead of the Irish in the RPI rankings.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          Now here's one for you... Unless I'm wrong about the workings of RPI...

The loss to Notre Dame is currently hurting us more than the loss to the Engineers, as RPI has moved a spot ahead of the Irish in the RPI rankings.
          You've got your stuff all mixed up. Ratings Percentage Index helps seed the teams, PWR is used for TUC purposes. None of BU, RPI or Notre Dame are in the top 25 of the PWR and none of the three have any affect on each others rankings right now.

As it is, all three teams are virtually the same as it stands currently which means they're all sitting at home come the start of the tournament should they not win their conference tourneys. As for your postulation, if you want to look at it one way, the change in "hurt" between the two losses is negligible since RPI and ND just flip-flopped spots. BU lost to both teams so it hurts them just the same for comparisons sake.
          Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 02-10-2010, 05:41 AM.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
            I didn't think Colby appeared healthy. He got completely burned on the point trying to keep a puck in at one point. His skating was nowhere near normal, IMO.
            Colby gets completely burned pretty much every game. He probably causes as many opposition goals, or more, as he does BU goals. He can shoot, I'll give him that, but that's about it. He definitely is not much of a skater by any means.
            It's BU's Beanpot

Comment

Well. Where to begin? Aside from the UNH game I don't think this team has laid an egg yet this year. Too bad all the games from 2009 count.

I was looking for improvement in both heart and performance and have seen it.

I feel pretty good about the squad and have hope for this year and certainly next.

This might sound awful, but I'm happier that the team won the Fenway game and lost the beanpot.

I would, of course, preferred the sweep.

I prefer the Fenway win because it was a league game, a very cool novelty, and I had to stand on the Monster in 17 degree temperatures for 3 hours.

Winning that was very, very cool.

The beanpot was a tough loss but the fight they showed until the end made it almost palatable.

Still can't stand the "casual" BC fans though. A bunch of bozos were sitting in front of myself and some friends cheering for BC. Turns out none of them even went there and they were just rude.

They don't even get the concept.

I think I prefer the full-blown superfans. At least they makes sense.

That Kreider goal was sick. All I could do was tip my cap. He's very, very good.

As far as next year goes....Do Shatt and Bonino stick around?

If I'm Parker, I point out the success that Yip and Gilroy are having compared to Strait and Wilson. I know it's not apples to apples but I don't see how staying can hurt their prospects.

Let's take 3/4 from Maine this weekend. I love to sneak in the HE playoffs (which is not clinched at all yet) in the #4 spot.

Cheers and as always GO BU!
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

If I'm Parker, I point out the success that Yip and Gilroy are having compared to Strait and Wilson. I know it's not apples to apples but I don't see how staying can hurt their prospects.
                The team misses Strait very much, probably on and off the ice.

However, as I recall, the stated reason for his departure was that his development would be enhanced by playing in the AHL as opposed to Hockey East. The fact that he hasn't appeared in the NHL doesn't mean his decision was a mistake.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  The team misses Strait very much, probably on and off the ice.

However, as I recall, the stated reason for his departure was that his development would be enhanced by playing in the AHL as opposed to Hockey East. The fact that he hasn't appeared in the NHL doesn't mean his decision was a mistake.
                  The fact that his AHL team has been playing terrible defense and he was a healthy scratch in a game not that long ago might.
                  "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

The fact that his AHL team has been playing terrible defense and he was a healthy scratch in a game not that long ago might.
                    Gee, I didn't see this one coming.

Where's biggie? (to be fair, I liked that guy, and his kid seemed like a nice kid and a good college player)
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He's playing very well for a first year pro. I don't think it's a shock that he hasn't made an appearence in the NHL yet but his move a year early puts him a year closer. He's played the most games out of anyone on the roster. I know for a fact that he doesn't regret his choice to move on one bit.

Comment

I'm happier that the team won the Fenway game and lost the beanpot.
                        It has begun!
                        Still can't stand the "casual" BC fans though...I think I prefer the full-blown superfans.
                        Casual fans of any sport tend to be morons. See: Boston Red Sox. I freaking hate our pink-hatted brethren.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          You've got your stuff all mixed up. Ratings Percentage Index helps seed the teams, PWR is used for TUC purposes. None of BU, RPI or Notre Dame are in the top 25 of the PWR and none of the three have any affect on each others rankings right now.

As it is, all three teams are virtually the same as it stands currently which means they're all sitting at home come the start of the tournament should they not win their conference tourneys. As for your postulation, if you want to look at it one way, the change in "hurt" between the two losses is negligible since RPI and ND just flip-flopped spots. BU lost to both teams so it hurts them just the same for comparisons sake.
                          "None of BU, RPI or Notre Dame are in the top 25 of the PWR and none of the three have any affect on each others rankings right now."

That seems just... false, to me. RPI and ND currently have an impact on BU's RPI, hence they have an impact on whether we make the top 25 to be a TUC or not.

I know that none of us are in the PWR right now, but we do affect each others rankings. When we lost to RPI (this is confusing with all the RPI going on) everybody thought it was a terrible terrible loss that would really hurt our RPI and ability to be in the top 25, which I guess it was, but my point was to point out that they've been playing better hockey and that loss right now really doesn't look that much worse than the ND loss, which seemed much better, because ND isn't living up to expectations.
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            It has begun!
                            I had my hand out and ready to slap the first BU fan at Beanpot that tried to start a "we won Fenway" cheer after the clock read 0:00.
                            Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Well. Where to begin? Aside from the UNH game I don't think this team has laid an egg yet this year. Too bad all the games from 2009 count.
                              I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you blocked Providence out of your memories on purpose.

Edit: I know.... I'm multi-quote failing right now.
                              Let's go Terriers!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                                "None of BU, RPI or Notre Dame are in the top 25 of the PWR and none of the three have any affect on each others rankings right now."

That seems just... false, to me. RPI and ND currently have an impact on BU's RPI, hence they have an impact on whether we make the top 25 to be a TUC or not.

I know that none of us are in the PWR right now, but we do affect each others rankings. When we lost to RPI (this is confusing with all the RPI going on) everybody thought it was a terrible terrible loss that would really hurt our RPI and ability to be in the top 25, which I guess it was, but my point was to point out that they've been playing better hockey and that loss right now really doesn't look that much worse than the ND loss, which seemed much better, because ND isn't living up to expectations.
                                To simplify it: RPIs wins and ties are good for BU and ND losing is bad and now they've caught up/fallen back to each other. Breaking even in this case is bad for BU.

I know everyone's itchy to start looking at the PWR but BU isn't really in a good position to be concerned about it in the first place.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X