Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

the number of shots we blocked in the third tonight was incredible. props to the team for playing a very complete defensive game. (if you dont count the first 22 seconds, or a power play where we left a man on our post alone for a tip in.) in any case, here's hoping colby is in action for monday night, the scoring threat from the blueline, especially on the PP, was missing tonight. 3 in a row, a .500 record, and another notch in the TUC belt feels pretty good.
    lets play hockey

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread III: From the Beanpot until the end...

BU Hockey: 7-2-0 in '10

(Next three games? A whole 'nother matter.)
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        THREE IN A ROW, MUTHA FUCAHS!!!

1-New Hampshire===GP(19)__12-4-3____27===ppg(1.42)^
        2-Boston College===GP(19)___11-6-2____24=====(1.26)*
        3-Maine=========GP(18)___10-6-2_____22=====(1.22)
        4-Massachusetts==GP(20)____11-9-0____22=====(1.10)*
        5-Mass.-Lowell====GP(18)___8-8-2_____18=====(1.00)*
        6-Boston University=GP(19)___8-9-2____18=====(0.95)
        7-Vermont========GP(18)__7-8-3_____17=====(0.94)
        8-Northeastern====GP(19)___8-10-1___17======(0.89)
        9-Merrimack======GP(17)__6-11-0______12======(0.71)*
        10-Providence=====GP(19)__4-14-1____9======(0.47)

BU owns tiebreaker*
        BU loses tiebreaker^
        (no help tonight)
        I'm still amazed considering how poor our record was that we own a 4:1 tiebreaker ratio. Now we just need to lockup that Maine tiebreaker over the weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          practice thing? no colby = terrible powerplay = very shorthanded for monday.
          Hey, shorthanded worked fine for us last night, so maybe thats the plan.

Colby was walking around the game 100% normally, so while that doesn't mean much as to the extent of the injury (since the injured body part isn't even public at this point) I'm hopeful we can see him on Monday. Hell, if he can barely skate I'd still dress him and play him at forward on the PP, and just play 5 D like we basically did all night. FL or BU Hammer, do you get ice time reports in your bag of media goodies? How many shifts did Rosen have in the 2nd and 3rd periods. If the over under is 5, I'd go under.

Originally posted by FourAnd0 View Post
          I'm still amazed considering how poor our record was that we own a 4:1 tiebreaker ratio. Now we just need to lockup that Maine tiebreaker over the weekend...
          Yup, next 3 games are absolutely massive. For HE, 4 points out of home ice, with 1 game in hand; for PWR, as of the current standings we'd need to pick up 7-8 more pairs to claim the projected last at large slot and if we gain .0100 in RPI we would flip about 3-5 pairs; and of course the first trophy is on the line Monday night.

Comment

If Colby wasn't 100% but could play limited PP minutes, I'd be more of a fan of sitting Santana, going with a rotating winger for the 4th line spot and having Colby dressing as an extra defenseman with Rosen still in the lineup. Just feel like replacing a fourth line wingers limited minutes are easier than replacing a 6th defenseman's minutes.
            I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              FL or BU Hammer, do you get ice time reports in your bag of media goodies? How many shifts did Rosen have in the 2nd and 3rd periods. If the over under is 5, I'd go under.
              We do not. There was one arena that gave us ice time stats (Alfond maybe? I can't remember), but other than that, we haven't gotten any all year. The BU stats people actually do keep track of it, but I don't think they make it public anywhere.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
                If Colby wasn't 100% but could play limited PP minutes, I'd be more of a fan of sitting Santana, going with a rotating winger for the 4th line spot and having Colby dressing as an extra defenseman with Rosen still in the lineup. Just feel like replacing a fourth line wingers limited minutes are easier than replacing a 6th defenseman's minutes.
                As a rule of thumb I'd agree with you, but Rosen flat out didn't play so there really aren't many minutes to replace. Also the 4th line was out a lot in the even strength stretch, from 3 minutes in until 13 minutes in, in the 3rd period. And while they did not really come close to a scoring opportunity neither did UML while they were out there, so they were doing their job fantastically.

Comment

You never like to see a guy get hurt regardless of the situation. What happened?
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    You never like to see a guy get hurt regardless of the situation. What happened?
                    Your guess is as good as ours. Lower body injury, I assume it was in practice, but it could have happened against NU and he just finished the game at less than 100%.

Comment

Given how little Rosen seemed to play in the 2nd and if at all in the 3rd, it wouldn't be that hard.

I do like your idea though, I've never seen a problem with double-shifting guys who can handle it. Although Bonino seemed like he was out there quite a bit last night and by the end of the night the quicksand he was skating in seemed thicker than normal...

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      We do not. There was one arena that gave us ice time stats (Alfond maybe? I can't remember), but other than that, we haven't gotten any all year. The BU stats people actually do keep track of it, but I don't think they make it public anywhere.
                      I was wondering this a few days ago. Parker always refers to the mythical 'scoresheet,' with things like shots attempted, grade A chances, etc., that aren't on the box score they release. I think plenty of fans would really love to see that level of detail because we're freaks like that, wish they'd make it public.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

He re-injured his hip. Not sure when.

Comment

I guess JP wanted a more physical d game in third which is not currently rosen's type of game. He is supposed to be a playmaker offensive d man and with only 7 or 8 games played, he is game form behind the other defenseman. I would like to see how he handles some PP or PK time to see what he has for next season.

I would think that even though Parker wants to win Beanpot, the smart move might be to either dress Cohen as an extra d for PP or not at all. BU isn't making the HE championships with a Beanpot win so resting Colby to heal up for conference games next weekend could be the smarter option.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            I was wondering this a few days ago. Parker always refers to the mythical 'scoresheet,' with things like shots attempted, grade A chances, etc., that aren't on the box score they release. I think plenty of fans would really love to see that level of detail because we're freaks like that, wish they'd make it public.
                            That scoresheet is not mythical. We actually do get shots attempted, shots blocked, a shot chart (from which you can get grade-A's), pipes hit and sometimes faceoffs won/lost, but we don't get time on ice.

Edit: I said a while ago I'd start posting the grade-A's after every game. I seem to have forgotten about that until now. Assuming I remember to do so, I'll try and post all those stats on the blog after games... so freaks like you can see them. I don't have them on me now, though, so last night's won't be up until later.
                            Last edited by Federal League; 02-06-2010, 11:55 AM.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              That scoresheet is not mythical. We actually do get shots attempted, shots blocked, a shot chart (from which you can get grade-A's), pipes hit and sometimes faceoffs won/lost, but we don't get time on ice.
                              Thanks! Even these numbers don't show everything. For example, Trivino has taken a big step up the last month or so. The 9-10-11 line looked really strong last night, but you wouldn't necessarily know from looking at the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                                Thanks! Even these numbers don't show everything. For example, Trivino has taken a big step up the last month or so. The 9-10-11 line looked really strong last night, but you wouldn't necessarily know from looking at the stats.
                                trivino played a great, what you would call in basketball, "floor game". he used his size extremely well and it directly lead to zach's breakaway when he took the lowell guy out of the play along the boards in the uml zone and got the lead pass out to the guy who fed cohen.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X