This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

It's about that time of year again, is it not?

Last year's Beanpot final featured a battle between the #1 and #2 teams in the country.

This year... not so much.

But with BU and NU both unlikely to make NCAAs, it should make their Beanpot battle even more significant to their insane, warring fanbases.

In the "collar up" portion of the evening, will BC overcome its Garden demons? Is Harvard for real now, or do Union and Yale just suck?

Have at it, folks.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Was NU really #2 in the country for that matchup? Shows you what a mess college hockey was last year.

Anyway, let's get it out of the way now. BC is the best team in the tourney again.... so..... Congrats to BU, 2010 National (ie - Beanpot) Champs They got up for the game at Fenway. Got up for the game at Conte. Ya think Jack is going to get them ready for this? They'll go quietly into the night afterward.

Havent' seen much of NU but any team that gives up almost 10 goals to UVM should just cut their program.

Harvard is playing better. That combined with BC's desire to lose every meaningful/televised game since the 2008 national title should make BC fans a little concerned.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      or do Union and Yale just suck?
      No no no no. Not Union and Yale. Yale and Air Force. And yes they suck.
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I maintain that last year's Beanpot final was the most anticipated in years. And now we have three teams with losing records...

If BC can't beat Harvard, we'll have issues. Even though they aren't very good, the BU-NU 8 PM matchup should still be pretty spirited and competitive.

Comment

BC will have their hands full with Harvard....

It will be a Harvard vs Northeastern final

Comment

This message is hidden because Hokydad is on your ignore list.
            Ahh, crap.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

BUPot... NUWay..!!

Serously though, NU did beat BU in their only meeting this yr.. however, this is the Beanpot.. advantage BU (of course).

Nick that UVM gm in which NU gave up a bunch of goals (it was 9!!!), was their worst of the yr by far.. they also beat that same UVM team the night before... just like you guys pounding them (7 goals).. only to lose to them the nxt night..in your home & home. It happens

I see a BC-BU final, unless Rawlings has an absolutely amazing night. He has had a few this yr... still give the edge to BC in both scenarios.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                BC will have their hands full with Harvard....

It will be a Harvard vs Northeastern final
                correct me if i'm wrong, but this has never happened?

i can't see harvard beating BC

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                  Ahh, crap.
                  He called you an area clown.

No really, NU and Harvard in the final? That's never happened. I would love that, but it's never happened.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    No no no no. Not Union and Yale. Yale and Air Force. And yes they suck.
                    Nick,Nick,Nick. PLEASE try to conduct yourself like a gentleman!
                    As I learned many years ago in Gross Anatomy class, opinions are like
                    ********........ everybody has one. If Yale is as bad as you suggest, why
                    are we ranked #6 in the two major polls? Also, call me eccentric, but if you
                    are so wise, WHY PRAYTELL do you live in Yuma?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      correct me if i'm wrong, but this has never happened?

i can't see harvard beating BC
                      Harvard is playing very well. BC is not. BC D is in a little trouble right now and Harvard will beat them. Goaltending is a plus for Harvard over BC as well

Comment

Hoky, i don't know about the goaltending.. Milner looked pretty outstanding this past wknd. There was not much he could have done on the OT goal..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

..of course, i will add.. i have no idea how much better/ worse Crimson goaltending is, compared to NU/BC/BU.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                            Nick,Nick,Nick. PLEASE try to conduct yourself like a gentleman!
                            As I learned many years ago in Gross Anatomy class, opinions are like
                            ********........ everybody has one. If Yale is as bad as you suggest, why
                            are we ranked #6 in the two major polls? Also, call me eccentric, but if you
                            are so wise, WHY PRAYTELL do you live in Yuma?
                            There are so many things that you don't understand and there's no sense in explaining things to you. My suggestion is to head back inside now that recess is over. OK?

Comment

Working...
                            X