X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Even you guys could get into UConn. So that would work out for you.

You're jealous of BC because you couldn't get in. You wouldn't be jealous of a school that you got accepted to and chose not to attend.
    http://www.bc.edu/admission/undergrad/majors.html

BC doesn't have engineering. So if a student wanted to study engineering they wouldn't apply to BC and we all know engineers are the only ones who actually learn anything in school.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

I'm with Nick P. in this one, BU's teams clearly have the edge in these head-to-head matchups, especially considering the usual respective talent level. ....., but there's no doubt BU should be favored if these teams collide on Feb. 8.
      Ugh, against my better judgement I agree with both Nick and SuperJoe.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post

BC doesn't have engineering. So if a student wanted to study engineering they wouldn't apply to BC and we all know engineers are the only ones who actually learn anything in school.
        And I have always had a secret desire to go to BU, ever since the day I stepped foot on BC's campus and realized there was no "General Studies" department. A sad day, that was.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

If I were a bookie (HA HA!!! BC GAMBLING REFERENCE!) I'd put down a line of

BU 2:1
          Field 1:2
          I'm assuming you think BC has a far better chance of winning than NU or HU. Even if you assume NU or HU have as good a chance as BC (which I'm assuming you don't) that at least makes it:

BU 33%
          BC 22%
          HU 22%
          NU 22%

Since you clearly don't think HU and NU have that good a chance, don't you think your odds make BC have a better than 33% chance of winning?
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            I ain't giving money to Jesuits.
            Give some to the Dominicans so we can buy out Army's contract.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I'm assuming you think BC has a far better chance of winning than NU or HU. Even if you assume NU or HU have as good a chance as BC (which I'm assuming you don't) that at least makes it:

BU 33%
              BC 22%
              HU 22%
              NU 22%

Since you clearly don't think HU and NU have that good a chance, don't you think your odds make BC have a better than 33% chance of winning?
              I do not like the maths!!!!
              -

Comment

Notably missing from that list: Northeastern
                Joe, I would love to see NU/BC b-ball. Problem is, we lost by 2 at Conte 2 years ago and now DeFilippo is too worried about losing to an "inferior" opponent like NU to schedule us again.

I'm just making a point that NU/BC would be a good, competitive game. Obviously, BC basketball still gets more attendance, more revenue and more interest than Northeastern does. And as for football...well 54-0 and an "exit stage left" kinda says it all...
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  Joe, I would love to see NU/BC b-ball. Problem is, we lost by 2 at Conte 2 years ago and now DeFilippo is too worried about losing to an "inferior" opponent like NU to schedule us again.

I'm just making a point that NU/BC would be a good, competitive game. Obviously, BC basketball still gets more attendance, more revenue and more interest than Northeastern does. And as for football...well 54-0 and an "exit stage left" kinda says it all...
                  NU beat PC last year, and PC is 2-2 against the Eagles since we started playing them again and even though the transitive property doesn't work at all in sports, anything is possible.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    NU beat PC last year, and PC is 2-2 against the Eagles since we started playing them again and even though the transitive property doesn't work at all in sports, anything is possible.
                    NU beat BC not that long ago ('04?)
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post

you'd probably apply to MIT or Harvard
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

How this usually plays out, from a BU fan's perspective...

BC fan: BU fans are jealous of our sports superiority!!!!!

BU fan: Doesn't our athletic department have more championships than yours?

BC fan: Yeah, but that's just in hockey!!!

BU fan: Ummm..yeah, so are yours.

BC fan: Uhhh....you're just jealous because you couldn't get into BC!!!

BU fan: You know, since I was accepted to BC's MBA program, a higher degree than you yourself have achieved, you might want to rethink that one...

BC fan: Yeah, well..uh, yeah! Uh...check out our US News rankings!!!

BU fan: The one that has Tufts and Bentley ranked higher than BC? Didn't realize you admit those are better schools.

BC fan: FLUTIE! FLUTIE! FLOOOOTTEEEEEEYYYYY!!!
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          2003. Double OT loss. BC #2 seed. BU #5 seed. ABORTION!
                          Brain fade - what game was this????

You know, I was reading thru this thread, rolling my eyes at the predictability of it all and also getting aggravated and what not. And then I stopped. Because honestly, these types of threads/posting/flamefests beat anyone else's one here, IMHO, and it seems like we've all been slipping (or letting the UVM-UML crap to overtake it, and that's not right!!!!).

So honestly, kudos to all of you for bringing all this back. It warms my heart. ::sniff::

Comment

US News rankings are stupid, but I'd like to point out that a) Bentley isn't ranked in the same category as BC (or BU), and b) I have no problem saying Tufts is awesome and probably better.

But hey.... BC's not as good as Florida in football, or as good as Duke or UNC in basketball, or as good as Harvard or (insert school above BC in US News rankings that BU fans like to throw around because it sounds funny, such as Emory) academically. So even though BC is rated higher than BU in all of those things, BC is teh sux and BU rools.

Duh!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Brain fade - what game was this????
                              maiser?
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                maiser?
                                Ahhhh, yes. 2003??? Jeebus, time flies. Thx.

Comment

Working...
                                X