This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

So I guess we have a proper BU - BC final to flame over...

I HATE ALL SUPERFRAUDS!!!
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      Shouldn't hockey east try to help NU on their quest? It would be good for the conference...
      Let's be honest, NU brings the biggest student fanbase, but take a look at the loge seats - it's all BU. And I'm guessing BC brings in the most TV viewers. As much as we as diehard college hockey fans like to say it'd be 'good for the event' to have Harvard or NU make it into the final, in all reality, a BC-BU final is what brings in the most TV viewers and creates the highest demand for tickets.

With that said, I don't think the refs said 'oh crap, if NU wins, NESN gets lower TV ratings' - I think the refs responded as many refs do, by having a double-standard for star and non-star players.

Let's put it this way - Gryba would have been called for 5 for doing that, due to his reputation.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post

I HATE ALL SUPERFRAUDS!!!
        fanboy
        -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Let's be honest, NU brings the biggest student fanbase, but take a look at the loge seats - it's all BU. And I'm guessing BC brings in the most TV viewers. As much as we as diehard college hockey fans like to say it'd be 'good for the event' to have Harvard or NU make it into the final, in all reality, a BC-BU final is what brings in the most TV viewers and creates the highest demand for tickets.

With that said, I don't think the refs said 'oh crap, if NU wins, NESN gets lower TV ratings' - I think the refs responded as many refs do, by having a double-standard for star and non-star players.

Let's put it this way - Gryba would have been called for 5 for doing that, due to his reputation.
          Stop making sense... it diminishes my ability to hate you.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Obviously my post asked for it, but I stand by what I said for the most part.
            If that's your morals that's fine, I don't think they're exactly common, but they have a logic to them so I can accept it.

The only thing it doesn't explain is you supporting Steve for doing exactly what you said was in bad taste, is it all really the perceived special needs aspect? Because you would have to explain that first, as you can't exactly expect random posters to know that.

Comment

And I'm on the record as saying that Warsofsky is on a very small list of BU-related people that I respect and like (MLK, Howard Zinn, Eruzione and the other 1980 players, Travis Roy, mookie1995, Scarlet... that's about it. ). I still like his game and think he's a very good player.

But that was a cheap play and deserved to be called as such.
              -

Comment

Let's be honest, NU brings the biggest student fanbase, but take a look at the loge seats - it's all BU.
                NU brings the most fans because they don't have season ticket holders eating up would-be student tickets in the balcony. where me as a normal alum season ticket holder has a seat in the balcony, an NU kid has a ticket on the other side because the NU season ticket holder base is rather small.
                time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                  NU brings the most fans because they don't have season ticket holders eating up would-be student tickets in the balcony. where me as a normal alum season ticket holder has a seat in the balcony, an NU kid has a ticket on the other side because the NU season ticket holder base is rather small.
                  Either way, whatevah. I didn't mean to start another NU-BU "my student section's wang is bigger than yours" debate with that post. You know what my point was. Regardless of the reasons why, NU brings the biggest student section, while BU brings in the most overall fans.

(And while this is only a hunch, I'm guessing BC brings in the TV audience. That's why you can't see our fans at the Garden ... that and the yellow shirts)
                  Last edited by joegrav; 02-02-2010, 01:33 AM.
                  -

Comment

Either way, whatevah. I didn't mean to start another NU-BU "my student section's wang is bigger than yours" debate with that post. You know what my point was. Regardless of the reasons why, NU brings the biggest student section, while BU brings in the most overall fans.

(And while this is only a hunch, I'm guessing BC brings in the TV audience. That's why you can't see our fans at the Garden ... that and the yellow shirts)
                    now you've done it. we've already had the crybabies come out and explain what atrocities the NU fans committed tonight. next we need some bu genius to declare 'it was loudest in my section'. where is hotdog? he was always good for that one.
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

From the section the Harvard band was sitting in, the Harvard band sounded the loudest of anyone!

I'm looking forward to the 'student section grades' in tomorrow's Crimson. Harvard=A+!
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        But you wanted to see all the OTHER guys' testicles?
                        courtesy of the doghouse

*****http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs240.snc3/22732_320650149201_568069201_4783535_2015947_n.jpg******
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          courtesy of the doghouse

*****http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs240.snc3/22732_320650149201_568069201_4783535_2015947_n.jpg******
                          Inspired by the "Your PP Doesn't Work" sign a BU fan brought to Matthews earlier this year?
                          Last edited by Agganis; 02-02-2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

And I'm on the record as saying that Warsofsky is on a very small list of BU-related people that I respect and like (MLK, Howard Zinn, Eruzione and the other 1980 players, Travis Roy, mookie1995, Scarlet... that's about it. ). I still like his game and think he's a very good player.

But that was a cheap play and deserved to be called as such.
                            The NU player came at him and he pushed back with his stick it was retalitory. I am not sure how it could be more then 2 min's. Greg Cronin whines all game its worse then Parker on a bad night. Cronin is cartoonish and his act doesnt help NU on the ice. Zinn, seriously? OK comrade Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              The NU player came at him and he pushed back with his stick it was retalitory. I am not sure how it could be more then 2 min's. Greg Cronin whines all game its worse then Parker on a bad night. Cronin is cartoonish and his act doesnt help NU on the ice. Zinn, seriously? OK comrade Joe.
                              The NU player barely came at him. I'm sure he said something for Warsofsky to get that riled up, but it was a dirty hit after the whistle. If it was against a BU player, I would have been ****ed that they only called it for two minutes.
                              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                                The NU player barely came at him. I'm sure he said something for Warsofsky to get that riled up, but it was a dirty hit after the whistle. If it was against a BU player, I would have been ****ed that they only called it for two minutes.
                                The NU playeer was clearly coming to confront Warsofsky for his late shot. The typical result is a bit of a scrum, and the ref either calls nothing, or calls delay of game on the shooter and a roughing or hitting after the whistle on the other guy. Either way, the result is usually even up. However, in this case, the NU guy outsmarted Warsofsky by never raising his arms, plus he did a nice sell job on the fall. While he is only a sophomore, I expect David to be able to anticipate these things and react more appropriately.

The penalty call was deserved, and I wouldn't have been too shocked to see a double minor (one for the shot, one for the cross check), but a major was not deserved. Plus, if they had called either a double minor or a najor, I suspect that the penalty call on Colby Cohen, which I thought was pretty weak, would not have been made, eliminating the long 5 on 3.

Just my two cents.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X