X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot beanpot
    I can't tell, are you excited about the beanpot?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

No need for details amongst friends, right?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't know that I agree/disagree with Mr Parker. All I will say is that the Huskies are playing with confidence right now. The fact that this team is .500 is REMARKABLE given how dessimated they are by injuries. It's given guys a chance to step up and some are. The staff deserves a lot of credit as well. They don't know who's able to play until the day of most games. AND, they're keeping them focussed. Those were 2 HUGE points last week. Goaltending has been superb. who knows. GO HUSKIES!!!
        The Cronin Era ends, the Madigan Era begins

Comment

Over/Under on the number of non-BU/NU Harvard fans that are not in the pep band?
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Don't forget your fanboy bingo cards, tonight, fellas.

On a related note, if you guys do see anyone with a large fanboy bingo board (NU Doghouse), please someone get a picture of it and get it up on ebaum or something.
            That would be copycatting.

And Frosted Flakes, you're a total hypocrite. In fact, I'll now debunk the 'OMG***BBQ IT WAS TAKEN BY A CELLPHONE!!!!!!!!!' claim. http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...bc-2/#comments

Shut up.
            Last edited by slurpees; 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM.
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I don't want to sound like some overly-sensitive tool or anything, but it kind of bugs me that we rip on this guy. He doesn't even post on the board and we make fun of him behind his back. It just doesn't seem right.

With yankeefat, he's at least a member of this board and we're making fun of him to his face (at least, through the internet, anyway).

I know I'm defending the BC guy and ripping on the BU guy, but I think even if the roles were reversed I'd feel the same way.
              You are such a hypocrite. Not only has Steve posted this picture twice here (that I was able to see in a quick review of this thread) but you agreed and complimented him on it. And you're squicked out by a BU person diong the same? Good God. Steve has an unhealthly fascination with that photo that I find disturbing. He drags it out to make fun of BU fans on a regular basis. Would you be more OK with that photo of the extremely large BC fan that was taken at Fenway because it was done by a news service and not a random fan with a cell phone? Because I don't think that guy knew he was getting his photo taken either.

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
                I was yelled for posting a quote from after the NU-BU game earlier, but here's a recent one. Parker still maintains that it was the best game BU played all year.

Not saying I agree. Not saying you can trust or buy into whatever Parker says. Just an interesting quote to bring up...

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...anyones_guess/
                Not that it's a bad quote, but it's really a non-quote. There's no real information there, and it's his way of deflecting what was probably a dumb question asking who he thought had the advantage heading in or something like that. No coach is going to put up bulletin board materal for anyone and will instead give some type of generic 'there's a lot of parity, (which there actually is) so everyone's got a really good shot,' type of answer.
                time to write new history

Comment

Finally decided to check into this trhead on game day, found there are 24 pages, started from the beginning and gave up when we got to the BU/BC which is better at everything and anything argument. Did I miss anything of consequence?

Anyway, figured I should post just so my sig gets some play the one time of year that it matters.

BC 5 Harvard 4
                  BU 5 NU 2 (Bonino will be the star)

The game is on NESN, right?
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Expected BC lineup:

J. Whitney-Gibbons-C. Atkinson
                    Kreider-Smith-Hayes
                    Almeida-Price-Lombardi
                    Carey-Mullane-S. Whitney

Samuelsson-Shea
                    Sneep-Lyles
                    Dumoulin-Alber

Muse

*One thing to watch tonight is Steven Whitney has taken Sneep's spot on the top PP unit

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Did I miss anything of consequence?
                      Is there ever anything of consequence in a BC-BU flamefest?

And yes, both games are on NESN.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I don't want to sound like some overly-sensitive tool or anything, but it kind of bugs me that we rip on this guy. He doesn't even post on the board and we make fun of him behind his back. It just doesn't seem right.

With yankeefat, he's at least a member of this board and we're making fun of him to his face (at least, through the internet, anyway).

I know I'm defending the BC guy and ripping on the BU guy, but I think even if the roles were reversed I'd feel the same way.
                        yikes, im not even going to try to explain how your logic doesnt work on that one. but i guess the best we could do then (for you) is instead of posting pictures of that ugly overweight bc fan is post images of this ugly overweight bc fan

*****http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4830/dchds.jpg******

fyi, in case your glasses are off and you can't tell, thats you

Comment

Are you in 4th grade? Just curious, that's the last time I heard a "haha, you wear glasses" taunt.

I'll be in section 323 tonight if you want to not be a little b*tch and meet us in person. I'm guessing you probably know what all of us look like, so there's no need to tell you... Creep.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Ah... it's never truly a BU-BC thread until one poster challenges another poster to a fight.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              Are you in 4th grade? Just curious, that's the last time I heard a "haha, you wear glasses" taunt.

I'll be in section 323 tonight if you want to not be a little b*tch and meet us in person. I'm guessing you probably know what all of us look like, so there's no need to tell you... Creep.
                              and steve knows what yank looks like, yet i don't see you calling him a creep, and you and tony appear to know what terrier520 looks like yet you aren't calling yourself a creep

Mr. Tiger said that it is acceptable to make fun of someone face to face over the internet i dont see what the problem is that now you want to meet in person

And are you in 5th grade, thats the last time someone invited me to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                                yikes, im not even going to try to explain how your logic doesnt work on that one. but i guess the best we could do then (for you) is instead of posting pictures of that ugly overweight bc fan is post images of this ugly overweight bc fan

*****http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4830/dchds.jpg******

fyi, in case your glasses are off and you can't tell, thats you
                                Good lord, and I thought we had the biggest geek of them all here at BU with TBA. I now bequeath the title of Biggest Dork to TonytheTiger.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X