• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

On everything I got at the Luncheon, the games are listed as:

Boston College vs. Harvard
    Boston University vs. Northeastern

Common sports style is to list the road team first, so this leads me to believe that Harvard and NU are the home teams.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
      Also, a good article on Harvard's recent developments on USCHO... if I were BC I'd be worried!
      If history proves anything, whoever USCHO likes as a "darkhorse" is usually a kiss of death. Husky fans can attest to this.

If USCHO loves Harvard, I'd be happy to be BC!
      MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
        If history proves anything, whoever USCHO likes as a "darkhorse" is usually a kiss of death. Husky fans can attest to this.

If USCHO loves Harvard, I'd be happy to be BC!
        Or it's because in this 4 team tournament the darkhorse has to be Harvard or NU, because it can't be BU or BC, and in the past 20 years just being one of those two teams is the kiss of death

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
          Word on the street is that eageefat got hungry.

*****http://home.comcast.net/~olo567/bc_jester.jpg******
          I don't want to sound like some overly-sensitive tool or anything, but it kind of bugs me that we rip on this guy. He doesn't even post on the board and we make fun of him behind his back. It just doesn't seem right.

With yankeefat, he's at least a member of this board and we're making fun of him to his face (at least, through the internet, anyway).

I know I'm defending the BC guy and ripping on the BU guy, but I think even if the roles were reversed I'd feel the same way.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

That dude ends up on every thread and discussion denigrating BC on the entire internet. I'd imagine he's seen himself on the web at some point.

I'm really hoping BC and NU are the road teams as the road teams will be shooting 2x toward my section.

Plus I like the maroon jerseys.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I don't want to sound like some overly-sensitive tool or anything, but it kind of bugs me that we rip on this guy. He doesn't even post on the board and we make fun of him behind his back. It just doesn't seem right.

With yankeefat, he's at least a member of this board and we're making fun of him to his face (at least, through the internet, anyway).

I know I'm defending the BC guy and ripping on the BU guy, but I think even if the roles were reversed I'd feel the same way.
              Fair enough... but it's not like there haven't been pictures posted of BU fans in a similar way. Wizard boy used to get posted at least once a thread... he actually got posted enough that is awkward when I actually met him, pretty sure he has no idea.

It'll be the most awkward day when I picture of a poster gets uploaded without the person uploading it knowing who it is...
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I guess my answer would be: why have you never spoken up the numerous times that picture of crying BU girls has been posted here? If anything, that picture is worse.

So it is better to make fun of a person's weight as long as they know about it? Not sure about that. If you are bringing this up, maybe a better direction to go in would be that making fun of someone's obesity is wrong however its done? Or everyone can lighten up? I don't know, you guys make that call!

Plus, you know why that pic gets brought up. You guys create this myth that all BU fans are fat, make-up wearing fanboys. That picture of an overweight, curly yellow wig wearing superfan gets posted to point out the hypocrisy.

Comment

1) I don't think it's any better to think you "know" somebody enough to rip on them for something that's not at all related to the discussion topics on here. Enough is enough with that.

2) The roles have been reversed, there's been plenty of random BU fan pictures posted on here over the years, and I haven't seen any remorse from anyone (BU or BC). They put themselves out there to be noticed, fine. This guy wears a yellow wig and a jester hat, somehow that still says "look at me." Still doesn't mean we should rip on them, you're right, but let's not act like these situations have been different.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I have to be honest, I really enjoy seeing Gentry get worked up over something posted on the internet. I really really do. I'd be lying if I said I haven't indulged in bringing that out from time to time.

Oh Brian, by the way, I heard that you're going to donate your liver to Jack Parker once he drinks his to the point of no return. I think you're a hero for doing that. Like the guy that was going to donate his eyes to Stevie Wonder if Ferris Bueller died.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

thank you TonyTheTiger, this thread was getting boring. Flame on
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

if this has already been addressed, i apologize.

is there any way to stream/view this game online at all? free or pay, i don't care.

i really would love to try and watch this game from my apartment (with no nesn), and not have to bring work along to the bar with me.

please let me know. thanks.
                        Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                        when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                        "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          I have to be honest, I really enjoy seeing Gentry get worked up over something posted on the internet. I really really do. I'd be lying if I said I haven't indulged in bringing that out from time to time.
                          I'm not getting worked up at all about it. Tony brought it up, not me. Ask him about getting worked up. I could care less what pics are being posted. I'm just pointing out that it is hypocritical for him to complain about this pic of a fat BC fan getting posted, while there have been tons of pics of BU fans that are made fun of being posted on this board numerous times without his comment.

Comment

I'm going to have to side with the BU fans on this one (shocking, I know ). It's complete hypocrisy to get worked up about this one instance when it's been done by both sides.

Is it wrong and middle-schoolish to make fun of these people (behind their backs or otherwise)? Yes, of course. But don't pretend it's just one fanbase doing it.
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              Is it wrong and middle-schoolish to make fun of these people (behind their backs or otherwise)? Yes, of course. But don't pretend it's just one fanbase doing it.
                              Glad to see everybody's up and awake this morning!

But wait... I thought this was a BU - BC thread (I mean... pretty much), aren't we supposed to be acting middle schoolish?
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                                I guess my answer would be: why have you never spoken up the numerous times that picture of crying BU girls has been posted here? If anything, that picture is worse.
                                Do you mean the picture that was published in the Worcester Telegram showing the reaction of some fans after heir team gacked up a furball? How does that measure up against a photo taken of anyone, without their consent, with a cell phone?
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X