X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Yes. Also similar to when BU was #1 back in 2006. That might have been the biggest crapshow of them all. What a fraud that team was.
    I wonder if all the wins were the fluke including their OT win in the HE championships vs. BC, or if a single (horrific) game was.

Nah, it was probably the winning streak that was fluky.

Of course if that's how you felt about the #2 BC ranking, then I respect that, I have no clue on that topic.
    Last edited by candycanes99; 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

It's always cute when BU fans try to discuss football or bouncyball.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
        You are correct. And the last two years were the first time that all 4 schools made the final in back to back years. Time to see something new again!
        Didn't know that. Well, that's good for the tournament, but now either Harvard or NU has to win one eventually.

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        BC-BU in the finals, BU wins because its BC/BU and its on TV.
        Don't forget what some BC fans have been saying--that Parker owns York--even though their head-to-head record since 1997 is right around even.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          It's always cute when BU fans try to discuss football or bouncyball.
          I'm sorry, I didn't realize since BU doesn't have a football team, that we are banned from talking about college football.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Don't forget what some BC fans have been saying--that Parker owns York--even though their head-to-head record since 1997 is right around even.
            I would be very interested to know what their head to head records are when the game is televised versus when it's not.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              I'm sorry, I didn't realize since BU doesn't have a football team, that we are banned from talking about college football.
              You are banned from talking about college football because this is a college hockey forum, not because BU doesn't have a football team. All posts must relate to hockey and the topic of the thread according to the censors who seem to be out in force lately. They must have gotten some Obama stimulus money to pay for mods.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                I would be very interested to know what their head to head records are when the game is televised versus when it's not.
                I think all BC-BU games from here on out should not be televised and played at Lars Anderson outdoor rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  BC will have their hands full with Harvard....

It will be a Harvard vs Northeastern final
                  Seems to be the only way they can win!

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                  WHY PRAYTELL do you live in Yuma?
                  He's into software.

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  It turns out our friend Hokiedope went whining to the politically correct board and got PC91 banned. This is what happens when you let the special school children play with the big boys.

Free PC91, ban Hokiedope.
                  Ridiculous! Free PC91 for tournament time!

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Yes. Also similar to when BU was #1 back in 2006. That might have been the biggest crapshow of them all. What a fraud that team was.
                  ...and that was an end of year poll!

Comment

I just took a looksie at the Poles. What the **** happened to Hockey East!? Yale is the highest ranked Eastern team!?

And just to **** off jcarter7669, I'm going to talk about basketball.
                    With the way BU, NU, and Harvard are playing on the hardwood right now, it's too bad there isn't a basketball Beanpot. Might be more compelling than the ice version.

Is it wrong that I'm sorta rooting for a Harvard-NU final?
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

As a BU fan, even I wouldn't mind shaking up the tournament a bit and having one of the schools without Boston it its name winning for a change.

But, I think we're in for the same thing for the millionth time. BU over NU in a close one, followed by NU fans posting how the refs, karma, hockey gods, concession stand vendors, etc ripped them off somehow. BC blows out Harvard, comes into the finals with a ton of momentum and emotion....and $#!ts the bed as BU gives their once a year 100% effort game in the Beanpot championship (has it ever occured to Parker to tell his players that the HE tournament is merely another round of the Beanpot? I'm thinking he could probably fool a bunch of them, especially the guy from Powder Springs Georgia who really needs to get it together).
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        I just took a looksie at the Poles. What the **** happened to Hockey East!? Yale is the highest ranked Eastern team!?
                        Bemidji State is ranked higher than any Hockey East team! Last season was arguably Hockey East's strongest season since 1999. This season has seen a big step down. What does that say about this year's BU team that is struggling so much in conference!

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                          I wonder if all the wins were the fluke including their OT win in the HE championships vs. BC, or if a single (horrific) game was.

Nah, it was probably the winning streak that was fluky.

Of course if that's how you felt about the #2 BC ranking, then I respect that, I have no clue on that topic.
                          you mean that OT HE final where BC scored FIRST in OT but the goal was for some reason, not counted?? then BU scored to win it? and, yes, a perfect storm that BC football was #2 but that team actually UNDER achieved when you look at the entire season, they somehow lost 3 games

Comment

I was at the BU/NU game (1-0 nu win on late ppg), and have seen both teams multiple time since then.. and there is simply no way that will happen again. BU is playing much better, NU is playing much worse. Not to mention, Rawlings had the game of his life and I believe BU played without warsofsky and bonino - the rest of their forwards played like *tards.

as for BC, they will either lose to harvard or blow a big lead but hang on to win in overtime - then get steamrolled by BU. atleast one goal will be disallowed, two others will be extensively reviewed, and lyles will score an own goal.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              No really, NU and Harvard in the final? That's never happened. I would love that, but it's never happened.
                              True enough, but even with a much better BU team it came very close to happening last year...

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              However, even though it is the Beanpot, I can't say I'm all that optimistic.
                              Agree. I'm fully prepared to jump off the garden balcony after a consolation game loss to Harvard (someone beats Adam Kraus in overtime for the win).

I hardly think the BU/NU battle of the fanboys and (...wait, what to BC people call the Dog House? I guess it hasn't been big enough long enough to have a hurtful nickname.) the dog house will be anything like last year, the anticipation just isn't there.

Can we expect a section of superfrauds as big as the one that showed up for the game @ Conte?
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                Another excellent point
                                Sorry Joe... as a follow up to my rep. The other post was the best post ever until this one.
                                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X