• Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Haiku.

Elephant walkers...
    Winning beanpot tougher than
    beating yale, air force
    So true, Nick. Winning two games against unranked opponents will be a monumental task.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

*****http://i476.***********.com/albums/rr125/paullopez41491/no-hippies.jpg******
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

This is not our year. I give up. I'm only going because I have to. And it's fun to make fun of bu/bc fanboys.
        Originally posted by Bakunin
        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

I for one am inclined to cut BC fans some slack. They've been a bit cranky since last April when they realized their chances of catching BU in total championships went up in smoke. Its even worse when you consider that York can't coach forever, and once he retires in a bid to add some glitz to the program the leading candidate to take over coaching duties is Fred Smerlas.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            They've been a bit cranky since last April when they realized their chances of catching BU in total championships went up in smoke. )
            Personally, I don't care about 5 championships. North Dakota has 7. Why would I care about having 5? I know you have more than we do, but neither of us are as good as North Dakota, so obviously we both suck.

Plus, you have the added pain of being so close to NoDak's title count, yet so far away. I'd rather just be where we are.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
              Personally, I don't care about 5 championships. North Dakota has 7. Why would I care about having 5? I know you have more than we do, but neither of us are as good as North Dakota, so obviously we both suck.

Plus, you have the added pain of being so close to NoDak's title count, yet so far away. I'd rather just be where we are.
              Uh, Michigan has 9. So why would we care about being close to NoDak?
              "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                Oh shizzle, I just got roasted.

Even better. 5 is closer to 3 than it is to 9! WE BOTH SUCK!
                -

Comment

The one thing I do like about "Rover Logic" is that it means Vermont=Merrimack
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    WE BOTH SUCK!
                    Speak for yourself. But as you seem to be having some trouble with math, 5 > 3.

Vermont = Merrimac....well, Merrimac does have that popular radio announcer....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Random question: Why was the garden able to put down a "beanpot sheet" for the 06 'pot and not able to do so since?

Does it have something to do with NU coming apart?
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                        Random question: Why was the garden able to put down a "beanpot sheet" for the 06 'pot and not able to do so since?

Wasn't it '05? And then it'd be because that pesky little NHL started playing again and the Bruins wanted their logo on the ice for their games, the nerve of them

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post

Why didn't you respond to us saying you're a creeper? Is it because you're a creeper?
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Rosie's Rebounds from Inside Hockey with Beanpot Talk. First I hope everyone gets the important message from George W. Bush regarding the month of February (first video)

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5737

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              well he clearly is using the BU logic of discounting all old national championships to somehow discredit BC's 1949 title. so once we wipe out all those from the 40's and 50's, michigan actually goes down to 3.

I just wish I knew what the rationale was for selecting years to wipe out, other than selectively doing it to cover years BC won, because I cant wait till we get to wipe out the 70's!
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                well he clearly is using the BU logic of discounting all old national championships to somehow discredit BC's 1949 title. so once we wipe out all those from the 40's and 50's, michigan actually goes down to 3.
                                You might want to consider that. I heard something like the rules for eligibility were different during those years when Michigan ran up all those titles, maybe minor league players could play college too or something??? Find some old geezer to clarify that for me, will ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X