This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Okay, fair- Jozy is better. let me rephrase. He's the most valuable attacking player in the US pool. Go ahead and look up the +\- (hockey talk!) of the US strikers Last yr and you'll see what an impact Davies makes. His speed changes EVERYTHING.

Either way, a world cup starter + first round picks in all four major sports.
    Last edited by joegrav; 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Jesus Christ. We're talking about soccer now? I mean, football and basketball were one thing, but soccer? This has to be the worst Beanpot thread ever. I award all of you no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
        Okay, Davies is a very good player, but you must be smoking that good stuff if you think he's better than Altidore.
        Yeah, I was about to say I'm impressed that Jozy went to BC sometime before he turned pro at 16 (17?)

Comment

fine federal league, Let's talk about co-ed sailing. BC DOMINATES.

On a side note, anyone else think uscho forum needs a better mobile browser mode? The one they have is sloooow (hmm actually maybe that would be even worse for my productivity...)
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            fine federal league, Let's talk about co-ed sailing. BC DOMINATES.

On a side note, anyone else think uscho forum needs a better mobile browser mode? The one they have is sloooow (hmm actually maybe that would be even worse for my productivity...)
            I think that there will be a HU-NU final.
            Next Tuesday night.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              Jesus Christ. We're talking about soccer now? I mean, football and basketball were one thing, but soccer? This has to be the worst Beanpot thread ever. I award all of you no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.
              Negative points. I used this line on ThiessensBetter a year or two ago, and used the whole thing too. Plus, what kind of a Beanpot thread would it be if we weren't talking about academic rankings, the BU student section, the merits of the BC athletic department, while trickling in talk of other sports?
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                You missed the NU-BC semifinal, didn't you?
                Ha, I wish I did. Thought you were speaking in general and not about that specific game. IIRC correctly, Muse was caught out of net twice leading to NU goals? And he's actually a pretty good puck handler.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Speaking of bad goalie performances and Justin Maiser, some of you may recall a well-known former poster had choice words for Matti K after giving up 6 goals to BU in that semifinal game. I believe he said BC would have been better off with a mound of dirt in goal. That was a classic. Those were the days!

Lastly, I believe it was Terrierist (sp?) that fabricated the Cross commitment to BU after he had to haul down someone on a breakaway that resulted in the PS scored at Conte last year.
                That GWG was unstoppable, but ya...point taken. I had to leave that game after the first OT in order to catch the last train home. BC came oh so close to winning it...

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Monday: BC over Harvard (unless they play like they played UML, last).
                BC actually played a good game at UML on Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Ha, I wish I did. Thought you were speaking in general and not about that specific game. IIRC correctly, Muse was caught out of net twice leading to NU goals? And he's actually a pretty good puck handler.
                  Normally, yes. But he had a horrible game, and that's what makes it so interesting. And fun to rag on.
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Where's Mookie? What're the odds on this? What's Vegas say?
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      First, this thread has been highly entertaining at work.

Secondly, Vegas had a statement on this. But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
                      I haven't been on here in a year...
                      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                        Next line, I clarify. (Tuesday night... the women's final).

Comment

Tuesday night... the women's final
                          Will you be bringing those sunglasses of yours?
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Videos are up from Inside Hockey from the Beanpot Luncheon Yesterday. Here they are.

Ted Donato:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhI8xi67DQ

Alex Biega:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjk0m696RSE

Jerry York:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdouoaXhDjk

Greg Cronin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXPQfGBE7rU

Jack Parker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0M7-p0dos

Comment

does anybody know what the student sections for the four schools will be in the Beanpot? I got tickets on Ticketmaster just now and I'm assuming they are one of the schools' unsold allotments for either student or alumni. In '03 I ended up sitting in the BC student section when I got tix this way. so just curious if I'll be in hostile territory

for the final I"m in balcony 304, and for the first round I'm in Club 139. anyone know? thanks
                              Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Next Tuesday night.
                                I would kinda like to see that next Monday night, for a change.

Otherwise, anyone but BU for the Beanpot.
                                Boston College Eagles
                                NCAA Champions
                                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Working...
                                X