X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
    When you say few how many is few. I can name at least 20 right off the bat. I'm going to say every school in the Big 10, Pitt, Notre Dame, UCLA, Stanfrod, Texas, Syracuse, Stanford, Rutgers, UNC, and Georgia Tech just to name a few.

No, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, kinda (terrible football team), yes, not really, yes, yes. You missed Duke (if sucking at football doesn't matter, a la Syracuse)
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

When you say few how many is few. I can name at least 20 right off the bat. I'm going to say every school in the Big 10, Pitt, Notre Dame, UCLA, Stanfrod, Texas, Syracuse, Stanford, Rutgers, UNC, and Georgia Tech just to name a few.
      Every school in the Big 10?? Pitt?? Rutgers???

No. I said there are few schools that can match BC in terms of athletic AND academic achievement.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        I never said BU was a superior institution, I don't think it is. I think it's a superior hockey school, and that's what we're here to talk about.
        As of right now, I agree with you; as of the end of this season, I'm hopeful that that will be incorrect once again.

I guess we are, it'd just be nice if we hated each other with a little more sense.
        Where's the fun in that?

As an NU alum I thank you for pointing this out.
        Huh?

Oh... that NU
        -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Oh... that NU
          Yeah... the one for some reason everybody outside of Evanston seems to call NW. :/
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Every school in the Big 10?? Pitt?? Rutgers???

No. I said there are few schools that can match BC in terms of athletic AND academic achievement.
            Pittsburgh has a top notch Engineering program. It has a very successful basketball team and a has had some success in football.

Rutgers has one of the best pharmacy programs in the world and is a very good academic institution and extremely competitive to get into. It also has had both its Men and women hoops teams reach the Final Four. It's football team had the second highest TV rating on ESPN for a college football game a few years back plus with the stadium expansion the team is rising.

Big 10 academics wise is pretty well off. Athletics wise the only school I can think of that might be weak is Northwestern but they have had some football success like knocking off then undefeated Iowa this year.

Comment

Indiana sucks at football and basketball. I could be wrong but I don't think the Illini have done much lately.

Rutgers gets props for women's hoops, but when did they make the men's final four? Certainly not in the last 15 years as I can recall. Their football team was a laughingstock forever and had one or two good years; now they're heading back toward the toilet. I'mma give a big fat 'meh' on that one.
              -

Comment

Big 10 academics wise is pretty well off. Athletics wise the only school I can think of that might be weak is Northwestern but they have had some football success like knocking off then undefeated Iowa this year.
                And at least partially winning the conference in '95, '96, and 2000.
                Also being the only Big Ten school on a beach... woooo.
                Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I could be wrong but I don't think the Illini have done much lately.
                  My alum girlfriend can attest, they don't do squat

Rutgers gets props for women's hoops, but when did they make the men's final four? Certainly not in the last 15 years as I can recall. Their football team was a laughingstock forever and had one or two good years; now they're heading back toward the toilet. I'mma give a big fat 'meh' on that one.
                  Rutgers made the tourney a few years in a row late 90s- early 00s. They didn't advance much, but still made it.
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Indiana sucks at football and basketball. I could be wrong but I don't think the Illini have done much lately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...r_participants
                    Rutgers men made it in 1976. I disagree with football comment they are on the upswing. They just finished that stadium expansion this year and have a very talented offense returning next year.

The Illini where in the Rose Bowl in 08.

Indiana has won national titles in basketball.

Comment

Pittsburgh has a top notch Engineering program. It has a very successful basketball team and a has had some success in football.
                      Pitt also has one of the best med programs in the country, FWIW.
                      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Also I consider myself a sorta Minnesota fan and you're a clown if you put them in BCs class in revenue sports lately. What have they made, two bowl games and three NCAAs over the last decade... Plus BC has lapped them in hockey
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          What is the difference between these two groups?

Group A: Boston College, Duke, Notre Dame, Stanford

Group B: Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State

It doesn't take a BU graduate to know which group is more desirable from an academic and athletic standpoint.
                          The biggest difference is that one of the schools in "Group A" does not really fit in with the other 3, while all the schools in "Group B" seems to line up pretty well.

Comment

Also notably missing from any such list: bu. I guess if it makes you feel better about sucking, go ahead and rely on other schools' accomplishments to make you feel better.

Over just the last two years, BC has produced first-round draft picks in the MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA (not to mention America's best soccer forward and a sure starter in the world cup if healthy). If there are a lot of schools who can make a claim like that, I stand corrected; BC is teh sux. But I'm guessing that's pretty unique.
                            -

Comment

Have any of you given pause to think... 'x' name degree notwithstanding.. good old fashioned hard work still works. No really... but you have to start early

Monday: BC over Harvard (unless they play like they played UML, last). BU over NU (unless we play like..oh nevermind, i'd have to change my sig)
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

(not to mention America's best soccer forward and a sure starter in the world cup if healthy).
                                Okay, Davies is a very good player, but you must be smoking that good stuff if you think he's better than Altidore.
                                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X