This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 Beanpot: Featuring One Team Under Consideration

BC Basketball leading the video montage into SportsCenter -nothing like irrelevance!

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
      BC Basketball leading the video montage into SportsCenter -nothing like irrelevance!
      did they win? i saw they were up big early on tonight (was it 42-22 or something )
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yes they did -stay tuned to see how irrelevant we are

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Football teams that turn a profit are for losers. BU and NU know what's up.
          And for rednecks. It's not a coincidence that college football is only popular in the same backward, socially ********, intellectually challenged parts of the country that NASCAR is big in.

Comment

Originally posted by ComoSeDiceHockey View Post
            And for rednecks. It's not a coincidence that college football is only popular in the same backward, socially ********, intellectually challenged parts of the country that NASCAR is big in.
            don't go dis'sing nascar!!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              BU fan: Doesn't our athletic department have more championships than yours?

BC fan: Yeah, but that's just in hockey!!!
              For what its worth... Women's Rowing has 4. '74,'74,'91,'92

After all, give credit where it's due!

Edit: Although the '74 and '75 years could be phantom too! I can't find any record of that anywhere but the BU website!
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-26-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                For what its worth... Women's Rowing has 4. '74,'74,'91,'92

After all, give credit where it's due!
                Don't forget about our sailing teams.

Domination.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

There's one thing missing in this hilarious rant. Why if your sports programs are so important do your own fans not show up for games. Seems if their sporting events were such momentus occasions, on a national scale, why can't they 1) sell out their home games, or 2) get fans to take a 2 1/2 hour direct flight to watch the conference championship? If your own fans don't even care about their school's sports, why pray tell should the rest of us?
                  Most bowl games hate having BC because their fans do not travel well. I'd go as far to say with the exception of maybe Syracuse any team in the Big East would travel better to a bowl game than BC.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    you are delusional if you think BU athletics doesn't envy BC.
                    Agree.

What a state of denial these rejects are in. They act like having a good athletic program is a bad thing... because it isn't as good as ours.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                      Most bowl games hate having BC because their fans do not travel well. I'd go as far to say with the exception of maybe Syracuse any team in the Big East would travel better to a bowl game than BC.
                      Not all of us can drive our houses for days.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Domination.
                        Very cool, I didn't know that... gotta give credit where it's due.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Domination.
                          Then don't forget about our transsexual shuffleboard team.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I looked it up, and when I see the Forbes list of most profitable schools, not only is BC nowhere to be found,
                            I'm not sure you're good at researching these Forbes list thingies... did you make sure this one wasn't several years old?

rover ownage
                            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-26-2010, 10:47 PM.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                              Gee, the fact that we're a small private school with only 9,000 undergraduates wouldn't have anything to do with us having less fans travel than other schools, would it?

BC averaged 35,716 fans per home game this year. We have 9,081 undergraduates.

Our attendance is 393% of our enrollment. BC would have placed #2 in the country out of the top 25 teams in the country in terms of attendance/enrollment had we not sucked and actually been in the top 25.

But no. We had over 35,000 fans at our football games in our worst season since I've been a student. And we have only 9,000 undergrads. But no, no one goes to our games.

I know you're talking about bowl games, but it's the same deal. We're a small school. We have WAY less alumni and family of alumni etc. etc. to travel to games.

You guys are delusional. Keep trying though, it makes you look even more stupid. I like that.
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-26-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Then don't forget about our transsexual shuffleboard team.
                                Everyone knows BC and BU have the best quidditch rivalry in the county:

http://www.bu.edu/today/arts-enterta...er-not-problem

http://www.bc.edu/offices/pubaf/news...2009_1005.html

Once again, Northeastern is inferior
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X