#16 UMass Lowell @ Northeastern, 1/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 UMass Lowell @ Northeastern, 1/29

Only one game this weekend for both teams, which is surprising a bit for Lowell, but not so much for NU (Beanpot next week).

Lowell's looking for the season sweep (in Hockey East play) against NU, having won the prior two league matchups 3-1 (home) and 6-5 in OT on the road.

#16 Lowell comes in on a small 2 game winning streak into this one, and currently in 4th in HE. The Huskies are holding on to the last playoff spot in the league, but both teams below them have games in hand. The Huskies have won the game prior to the Beanpot first round the last three seasons running.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: #16 UMass Lowell @ Northeastern, 1/29

NU absolutley needs Ws at home (not to mention points). I see a low scoring gm this time.. NU wins it.

Yes you guys get the series.. but we'd still be 2-2 this yr (head to head), counting the Dec holiday tourney we won against you guys. Of course, we gotta get the W first .
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think besides our defense..UML goalie Hutton deserves 'player of the gm' in this one. Score could have easily been 4-1 or 5-1. It was all NU for most of the first 2 periods... he made some amazing saves. I could have swore SOG were like 25-4 in favor of NU at the end of 2 (well, something like that)..

Lowell finally woke up in the 3rd but a little too late. I think pulling the goalie with 1:45 left in the 3rd was a gutsy move by Blaise.. could've backfired but UML kept good pressure before time ran out.

Again, kudos to our 'D' for giving up just 1 goal to your strong offense (that too a PP goal), as pretty much NU controlled the entire gm 5x5 (save a few mins here or there).

That open net Alex Tuckerman swiped at from a pass by Jake Newton, (couple mins into the 2nd).. again, we gotta nail those..

Well played Daniel brothers! Where are all the NU fans for this thread? Are you guys all on DHD now? Seems like that thread is real busy these days..

UML, good luck to you guys rest of the way.. unless of course (by some miracle, which i don't forsee happeneing..), we meet again in March.

Bigger fish to fry Monday.. (or be fried).. Go Huskies
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

Bigger fish to fry Monday.. (or be fried).. Go Huskies

Oh please, the beanpot is meaningless, i'd rather beat bu in hockey east play than in this stupid tournament. also i'll take the latter on the above statement
        Arenas Attended
        Matthews Arena
        Agganis Arena
        Tsongas Arena
        Lawler Arena
        Schneider Arena
        Mullins Center
        TD Banknorth Garden
        Conte Forum
        Whittemore Center
        Gutterson Fieldhouse
        Alfond Arena
        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Great game last night!

Here's some postgame video featuring Blaise MacDonald, Greg Cronin and Justin Daniels courtesy of Inside Hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZRsAfwN9pw

Comment

Working...
          X