U-M / MSU - The R-rated series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-M / MSU - The R-rated series

It's been a year since MSU (East Lansing)'s leading scorer (this season) really let himself go at the expense of one of U-M(artyr)'s junior defenseman .

What do you say in the handshake line?

Re: U-M / MSU - The R-rated series

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    It's been a year since MSU (East Lansing)'s leading scorer (this season) really let himself go at the expense of one of U-M(artyr)'s junior defenseman .

What do you say in the handshake line?
    I'd like to hope U-M will let it go, but as usual I'm being naive. As a loyal Spartans, what I hope they'll be saying is "You got us, but we'll get you back (insert expletive of your choice here)".

MSU didn't look good on Saturday and U-M will be mad after getting nipped by the Bulldogs, so MSU better be on its toes Friday night. That's all I have to say ...
    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    - Mark Twain

Comment

Too much on the line for both teams to be worried about what happened last year I would think.

Comment

They didn't seem to have any more animosity earlier this season than normal- why would they now?

Ignore the fans- they'll remember far too long.

I'd say that it's a non factor in the two games.

It's more a factor that UM can't seem to find any sustainable play- good one night, not so good the next. No idea why, but it's at least better than the two nights in a row of bad nights back in November.

Comment

Big weekend as both teams need as many points as they can get now. As i predicted, michigan seems to be hitting their stride here but at the same time we seem to be stumbling here and there so it really would not surprise me to see them pay us back for the sweep we gave them. I am hoping for at least a split. I guess even a shootout win would feel nice.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            They didn't seem to have any more animosity earlier this season than normal- why would they now?
            *****http://www.labbe.de/liederbaum/k/kumbaya_454.gif******

Comment

*****http://www.labbe.de/liederbaum/k/kumbaya_454.gif******
              Did you actually watch the games?

The level of "violence" wasn't out of order for an MSU/UM game. Having watched them for going on 20 years now- even last year's game wasn't out of hand- just a few seconds.

I didn't say it was some sing along, but I should expect some lame response from a Sparty who a year ago wanted to put this behind us, but for whatever reason, now wants to bring it all back? Don't get it.

The rivalry is a rivalry. What happened last year didn't seem to change it 1% for 2009-2010, so why, exactly, would you expect it to change now??

Like I said, last year will have no impact on what happens on the ice. It will be it's rough, tough, and hard contested game as ususal.

Comment

We are somewhere between Sense of Humor and Bloodthirsty Outrage.
                I was looking for wiseacre responses to "what do you say in the handshake line?"

Like "Did you guys have someone in goal tonight?" example example

Comment

I was looking for wiseacre responses to "what do you say in the handshake line?"

Heh. I guess our sense of humor is fading as quickly as our PWR.

Comment

Considering the vitriol that came from said incident, and the gernal nature of how the student section reacted to Tropp on the ice, I wasn't expecting humor.

Then you have to add in the general relative depressed nature of the current UM fan (bear in mind, IT'S RELATIVE to past seasons, we are not actually depressed, but if you compare it..... have to explain everything to Spartys...), our sense of humor isn't exactly, well, strong at the moment.

Comment

Considering the vitriol that came from said incident, and the gernal nature of how the student section reacted to Tropp on the ice, I wasn't expecting humor.

Then you have to add in the general relative depressed nature of the current UM fan (bear in mind, IT'S RELATIVE to past seasons, we are not actually depressed, but if you compare it..... have to explain everything to Spartys...), our sense of humor isn't exactly, well, strong at the moment.
                      I guess that's what I was trying to say... sort of. Life doesn't end with the sudden demise of U-M athletics, but it sure does make for a crappy outlet from every day life issues.

Tropp may have been the lesser of the two villains last year, and I'm sure he is regrets the incident (much to the chagrin of the U-M fan) but humor at the expense of Kampfer would be similar to making jokes about AJ Sturges. JMO.
                      Last edited by streaker; 01-25-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        ... humor at the expense of Kampfer would be similar to making jokes about AJ Sturges. JMO.
                        Your point is a good one, and well made. (Gasp, an MSU and a U-M fan agreeing on something? Expect the world to end momentarily). Knowing Mr. Owslachief well, I know he meant neither offense nor harm.

Here's to hoping this weekend's games are well-played and clean, well-attended, and that there is sportsmanship at the end. Call me naive, but that is my hope.
                        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

So no Kampfer zingers? D@mn (jk)

As I lament the temporary retreat of the mighty U-M hockey empire and a possible (gasp) end to the NCAA tournament streak, I nearly shed a man-tear.

Come on people, show some farging backbone! Makes me nauseous seeing you having a coronary about your uneven season. We explored depths far more profound than you last year - give me a break.

Far more important things to worry about. Like maybe how MSU may have gotten in Hogan's head this season. Or wondering if this weekend's going to put an end to your hopes - barring a league tournament run, etc.

Hey I just thought of something ...
                          lighten up! Just a hockey weekend after all.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 01-26-2010, 06:58 AM.

Comment

So no Kampfer zingers? D@mn (jk)

As I lament the temporary retreat of the mighty U-M hockey empire and a possible (gasp) end to the NCAA tournament streak, I nearly shed a man-tear.

Come on people, show some farging backbone! Makes me nauseous seeing you having a coronary about your uneven season. We explored depths far more profound than you last year - give me a break.

Far more important things to worry about. Like maybe how MSU may have gotten in Hogan's head this season. Or wondering if this weekend's going to put an end to your hopes - barring a league tournament run, etc.

Hey I just thought of something ...
                            lighten up! Just a hockey weekend after all.
                            The way these two teams are playing the real joke is- "when do we have to cancel our hotel reservations downtown, since neither of us will be there in April?" It's not like you guys have been on a major tear, either- splitting with OSU??? At Munn?? Come on, that's sad- at least our last two splits were with teams ahead of us. (I won't bother to mention that we would be AHEAD of both teams had we swept them....)

Not sure how you think MSU got into Hogan's head- Miami swept us first- as usual, MSU is around for sloppy seconds.... And then take credit for some magical power.

Comment

Not sure how you think MSU got into Hogan's head- Miami swept us first- as usual, MSU is around for sloppy seconds.... And then take credit for some magical power.
                              I had to come up with something. The sweep we had in mid-November wasn't exactly convincing (made us feel reeeeel good about ourselves, yes) but gotta hang our hats on something.

See? You're getting the hang of it. Rake us over the Saturday debacle vs. Ohio State ... the pain is refreshing.

Comment

Working...
                              X