Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U-M / MSU - The R-rated series

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    Well at least all 3 of our championships were won since the invention of paper and books...that's more than you can say.
    Our 3^2 championships, you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Our 3^2 championships, you mean?
      Oh, sorry, I forgot you are a sparty, so not so bright- that means 3 to the power of 2, or 3 times 3, which reults in 9.

Comment

I posted something over on the partisan thread about sizzling and not-so-sizzling Spartans. BTW - the "centering" feature isn't my idea, as you may know from trying to link single posts.

Perhaps you can list some of your U-M vermin that our boys have to keep their heads on a swivel for, and those we can mock for their lackluster play.

Have a nice day, you pack of fornicators.

Comment

Please...you have 2 NC's in the last 50 years! thats the same excuse you guys always give in football "We have 11 national titles." You guys always ignore the fact that the glory days of wolverine athletics was before indoor plumbing and when horses roamed the streets.. You guys havee a great tradition of winning but claims of national dominance is downright stupid. You have a grand total of 3.5 national championships in the big 3 sports over the last 50 years. Stop pretending to be something you are not.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

Please...[Michigan has] 2 [NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey] N[ational] C[hampionship]s in the last 50 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ment_champions

Apparently paper and books were invented some time between March 20, 1964, and March 18, 1966. Good to know.
            Last edited by Alton; 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ment_champions

Apparently paper and books were invented some time between March 20, 1964, and March 18, 1966. Good to know.
              Wikipedia Journalism

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                Wikipedia Journalism
                http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats...frozenfour.pdf

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

Comment

even so,that is a long way from 9. 1950 is generally used as the year for considering modern sports. It is subject to debate, but the insufferable arrogance of the Michigan fans who talk about how great their program is just makes me laugh.

Let me get this straight, you are the winningest football program of all time, but you have 1/2 of a national title in 50 years. You also have one of the best hockey programs of all times, yet you are lumped with a handful of programs of more mediocre history with the same number of titles in that time. I cannot think of a single athletic proram in the country that has so greatly underachieved.

I ALMOST wish I could feel the way you guys do...that level of denial sounds like an absolute trip!
                  Last edited by STATEdude3; 01-27-2010, 10:14 PM.
                  MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

even so,that is a long way from 9. 1950 is generally used as the year for considering modern sports.
                    1950?!? Cool; we have 8 championships! For a second I was worried that we only had two or three.

Comment

Originally posted by 13cupsandcounting View Post
                      Michigan has looked good lately but lets face it the Spartans are about a line deeper than them. Michigan only has 2 guys this year with over 20 points while Michigan State has 5 guys over the mark. I am telling you guys Michigan State's depth is enough to at least earn them a split in this series but I think it'll be tough for either team to get the sweep because Hogan has been hot lately for the Wolverines and the series is always bitterly contested
                      This thread has been pretty good but that line definitely gave me the biggest laugh of anything posted so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
                        1950?!? Cool; we have 8 championships! For a second I was worried that we only had two or three.

Comment

(bla, bla, bla)but the insufferable arrogance of the Michigan fans (followed by more bla, bla, bla)

We have every right to be arrogant. We are better than you.

(keep talking national championships- it helps us ignore the ice)

Comment

Hey I know a little history. I just got a chuckle because you referenced Wikipedia.

Comment

I love Michigan vs. Michigan State at JLA as it is right down the street from my home, and a great game in a historic building. But the attendance for that annual game has dropped significantly since 2006 (last of 11 consecutive sellouts).

Would you guys be opposed to moving the game back to the campus site and ensuring 2 home games for each team each year? I would love to see the game continue here, but i am opposed to it if there are only 12,000 or so fans in the stands.
                              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Would you guys be opposed to moving the game back to the campus site and ensuring 2 home games for each team each year? I would love to see the game continue here, but i am opposed to it if there are only 12,000 or so fans in the stands.
                                Attendance this year, I'm sure, will be better solely because the game's on a Saturday. I'm hedging my bets on the 16,000-17,000 range.

I do find the recent half-assed staffing and in-house production at tJoe for this game to be really, really troubling though. Last season's game seemed like, at best, a glorified high school game. Not a friggin' thing screamed "This is a special occurrence!"

The PA announcer was horrid, most of the staff left after the first period, and absolutely no special attention was paid to the video packages - hell, they ported the entire graphics library from SpartanVision.
                                Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                                66 - 86 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X