Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver at North Dakota: Big Rivalry, Big Weekend

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Sad. I was really looking forward to the students throwing him on the ice after UND scored their first goal on Friday. Can we at least get the Jelly Donut Bird?

Sioux Split
    Speaking of UND throwing people on the ice. Has the fan that was brutally assaulted outside the Ralph recovered yet?

DU Sweeps. UND & Minnesota get into bidding war for Blais.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      It would be silly for UND to get in that bidding war. Blais' "out" clause only pertains to MN. He has no interest in joining a foundering program.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Speaking of UND throwing people on the ice. Has the fan that was brutally assaulted outside the Ralph recovered yet?

I believe so. Or at least he is recovering. Since he was going to be OK and no charges were ultimately filed, the reporting unsurpisingly dropped off.

UND Splits. Gwoz Icky Shuffles.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          It would be silly for UND to get in that bidding war. Blais' "out" clause only pertains to MN. He has no interest in joining a foundering program.
          Lets face it, no contract has ever kept a D-1 basketball or football coach a mid-major when the big boyz come aknockin.'

Wonder why he put that clause in the contract? It can't help UNO recruiting with all this Minnesota scuttlebutt going on.

DU Sweeps. Dirty moves to Colorado to be closer to the majority of the UND fanbase.

Comment

Speaking of Boone, how come we haven't seen any pictures of him on the ice, skating between periods? Don't tell me the DU Blog was so chintzy so as to skimp on skating lessons. The last thing college hockey needs is another lame, non-skating clown in a costume, wandering the aisles scaring small children, like the Keebler Elf.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              I think the games will be close, low-scoring games.
              I concur. I expect a 2-1 type of game. Either team getting 3 or 4 goals would have to be viewed as an offensive explosion, especially for UND given their recent offensive output. UND has been playing well defensively, and Cheverie has been solid all year. That said, quality scoring chances could come down to the PP where UND has been atrocious lately.
              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

DU Sweeps. Dirty moves to Colorado to be closer to the majority of the UND fanbase.
                Incorrect. I'm moving to Colorado to be closer to the FireHelmet Chick on your blog.

Sioux Split. George Electric Slides.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Speaking of Boone, how come we haven't seen any pictures of him on the ice, skating between periods? Don't tell me the DU Blog was so chintzy so as to skimp on skating lessons. The last thing college hockey needs is another lame, non-skating clown in a costume, wandering the aisles scaring small children, like the Keebler Elf.
                  The last I heard was DU was afraid that Boone skating was a "liability issue."

A polite way of saying, we don't need the headache of your popular unofficial mascot setting off a letter writing campaign over at the DU Center for Minority Studies.

DU's Chancellor Coombe told student leaders earler this year that Boone would come back over his dead body. LetsGoDU immediately started raising funds to make the dream a reality.

Actually, it would be an interesting bet to see what happens first. The Sioux comes off the UND Jersey or Boone comes back as DU's Official Mascot. Right now, I'm leaning towards Boone.

DU Sweeps. North Dakota's Standing Rock Tribe refuses Colorado College offer of free land in Colorado Springs for fear that losing is infectious.
                  Last edited by dggoddard; 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

The last I heard was DU was afraid that Boone skating was a "liability issue."

A polite way of saying, we don't need the headache of your popular unofficial mascot setting off a letter writing campaign over at the DU Center for Minority Studies.

Actually, it would be an interesting bet to see what happens first. The Sioux comes off the UND Jersey or Boone comes back as DU's Official Mascot. Right now, I'm leaning towards Boone.
                    You guys need to let the Admin know that since Joe Finley graduated mascot injuries are down dramatically in the league.

You better get hopping if you hope to get a mascot change before us. Come this fall it should be a done deal at UND.

Comment

You guys need to let the Admin know that since Joe Finley graduated mascot injuries are down dramatically in the league.
                      Well played.

Come this fall it should be a done deal at UND.
                      I wouldn't be completely surprised if Boone came back officially this Summer at DU. There's a lot of positive energy going on with school spirit at DU and the administration seems to be figuring out belatedly that Boone is somehow involved.

That being said, they might rush out some half-azzed mascot this summer to try and squash the Boone Revolution.

DU sweeps. Hextall buys seats behind DU bench to harass Gwozdecky.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 01-25-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Well played.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if Boone came back officially this Summer at DU. There's a lot of positive energy going on with school spirit at DU and the administration seems to be figuring out belatedly that Boone is somehow involved.

DU sweeps. Hextall buys seats behind DU bench to harass Gwozdecky.
                        I hope Hexy lets me sit with him! I'm wearing his jersey this weekend!

Sioux Split. Gwoz celebrates by copying this.
                        ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWUQcu4iO0M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWUQcu4iO0M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">
                        WCHA suspends Gwoz for half a period.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          George Electric Slides.

*****http://marriedandwhatnot.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/breakin2.jpg******
                          'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            Any news on Genoway or is he still out with the recurring headaches and blurred vision? A few weeks ago many of you thought he would be done for the season.

How about any other injuries as I know UND has had a few?
                            To quote the head coach of the Fighting Sioux, "Nothing has changed, he still is out indefinately."
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              So. The Gophers put up 4 on UW. Are they a bad defense? The Gophers can put up 5 on anybody in the nation if they want to. The problem is they don't have the desire.
                              You cant be serious. If what you say is true, then the whole UM program should be scrapped. At this level, desire really isnt the problem. That program has some serious internal problems. Your posts are truly entertaining, but usually so far off that they are laughable. Try watching from the sidelines before you go spouting off about a topic that is, apparently, foreign to you.

stev

Comment

Go Sioux
                                Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                                http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                                Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                                Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                                Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                                All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Working...
                                X