Oswego vs Plattsburgh "The Whiteout game"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego vs Plattsburgh "The Whiteout game"

seeing as its less than a week away why not make a thread for it. this is setting up to be a good game
    I'm rocking the suburbs

Re: Oswego vs Plattsburgh "The Whiteout game"

Originally posted by WnyoOZ View Post
    seeing as its less than a week away why not make a thread for it. this is setting up to be a good game
    Are they ever not?

Plus there was kind of already a thread for it
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

This will be my first Flattsburgh game since '77/8...(yes, I am THAT old)

I have been following recent years on the 'net...I witnessed the lone Oz loss to Elmira at the MAC, was at the Pathfinder tournament and Adrian game and caught Elmira v Flatty @ the MAC...... Not a true or fair assessment, but based on what I saw in Elmira, if Flatty repeats that performance, it won't be much of a contest...Leis was more lucky than good - and he was good.... Elmira had 3 quality chances to make it a 3-1 or 4-1 win...Oz has more horses than the Eagles....I suspect the pressure will be unbearable... I like the Lakers on Saturday...but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...
        AGREED 110%.

I'm honestly more worried about the Potsdam game than the Plattsburgh one.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I've noticed that Oswego plays from behind, but I don't think they can fall behind early. Scoring early will put Platty under pressure. I just hope the Lakers don't forget about Potsdam.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            AGREED 110%.

I'm honestly more worried about the Potsdam game than the Plattsburgh one.
            Yeah we beat this point to a pulp during the last few broadcasts. This team seems to have pretty good focus but it's really going to be put to the test this weekend.
            WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              I've noticed that Oswego plays from behind, but I don't think they can fall behind early. Scoring early will put Platty under pressure. I just hope the Lakers don't forget about Potsdam.
              score early then concentrate on defense...don't score to much on Friday night, save some for Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy8174 View Post
                score early then concentrate on defense...don't score to much on Friday night, save some for Saturday!
                DO NOT overlook Potsdam.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  This will be my first Flattsburgh game since '77/8...(yes, I am THAT old)

I have been following recent years on the 'net...I witnessed the lone Oz loss to Elmira at the MAC, was at the Pathfinder tournament and Adrian game and caught Elmira v Flatty @ the MAC...... Not a true or fair assessment, but based on what I saw in Elmira, if Flatty repeats that performance, it won't be much of a contest...Leis was more lucky than good - and he was good.... Elmira had 3 quality chances to make it a 3-1 or 4-1 win...Oz has more horses than the Eagles....I suspect the pressure will be unbearable... I like the Lakers on Saturday...but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...
                  That was probably one of the worst defensive games Plattsburgh has played all season. Compared to what we saw in Geneseo and Buff State this weekend (even shorthanded, the flu, and with out Satim) the team was just about as dominate as they were over the Lakers back in November.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    That was probably one of the worst defensive games Plattsburgh has played all season. Compared to what we saw in Geneseo and Buff State this weekend (even shorthanded, the flu, and with out Satim) the team was just about as dominate as they were over the Lakers back in November.
                    They were dominant in the 4-3 win over Genny?

(Just asking. I obviously wasn't there and honestly haven't even looked at the box score).
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      They were dominant in the 4-3 win over Genny?

(Just asking. I obviously wasn't there and honestly haven't even looked at the box score).
                      Take out the 2nd period, the fact 3 players were taking more time upchucking in the garbage can outside the bench, no Satim, Sleutter goes down sick after warm ups and Matt Bessing is rushes into the line up and arrives just in time for the faceoff. Had Gershon not made that highlight real robbing save on Clarke (which he dove across the crease and swatted the puck with the paddle of his stick) and the Cards go up 3-0, Cards win easy probably 6-1....That save gave his team life until the third period and then it was Plattsburgh taking total control. Plattsburgh had better chances on the Geneseo power play then the ice nights did.

For as much adversity and issues the team had to deal with both Friday and Saturday night...to come out with 4 points it was a for sure confidence booster. Do you really want Plattsburgh coming in with confidence? Didn't think so....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        Over the 0-9-1 stretch:

1) Oswego has opened the scoring 5 times out of 10
                        2) Oswego has blown 10 leads
                        3) Oswego has blown 4 2-goal leads
                        4) Oswego has blown 4 3rd period leads
                        5) Oswego has blown 5 23 minute leads
                        6) Even this year they blew a 2-0 lead after the first, and was :002 seconds away from the third with a 2-2 tie after a 2-0 first period lead.

B) Pressure? Plattsburgh is not the team who has yet to beat the other team in 5 consecutive games in their "home" rink. Pressure of being #1. Pressure of winning out the SUNYAC. Pressure of maintaining home ice advantage. Finally, pressure of not Tanking it once again.

C) I'd much rather lose in January then come March 6th. As of right now everything runs through LakerLand to get to Lake Placid. Plattsburgh will have NO pressure, win or lose.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          Over the 0-9-1 stretch:

1) Oswego has opened the scoring 5 times out of 10
                          2) Oswego has blown 10 leads
                          3) Oswego has blown 4 2-goal leads
                          4) Oswego has blown 4 3rd period leads
                          5) Oswego has blown 5 23 minute leads
                          6) Even this year they blew a 2-0 lead after the first, and was :002 seconds away from the third with a 2-2 tie after a 2-0 first period lead.

B) Pressure? Plattsburgh is not the team who has yet to beat the other team in 5 consecutive games in their "home" rink. Pressure of being #1. Pressure of winning out the SUNYAC. Pressure of maintaining home ice advantage. Finally, pressure of not Tanking it once again.

C) I'd much rather lose in January then come March 6th. As of right now everything runs through LakerLand to get to Lake Placid. Plattsburgh will have NO pressure, win or lose.

lol ok
                          Oswego State Lakers 2007 D3 Champs!
                          Clarkson-Lets go TECH!

Comment

Originally posted by kooosu86 View Post
                            lol ok
                            Wow glad you could add so much to the board...
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Oh, i'm sorry
                              Oswego State Lakers 2007 D3 Champs!
                              Clarkson-Lets go TECH!

Comment

Working...
                              X