PDA

View Full Version : Oswego vs Plattsburgh "The Whiteout game"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

WnyoOZ
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
seeing as its less than a week away why not make a thread for it. this is setting up to be a good game

PrezdeJohnson09
01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
seeing as its less than a week away why not make a thread for it. this is setting up to be a good game

Are they ever not?:confused:

Plus there was kind of already a thread for it:p

LakerEagleLover
01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
This will be my first Flattsburgh game since '77/8...(yes, I am THAT old)

I have been following recent years on the 'net...I witnessed the lone Oz loss to Elmira at the MAC, was at the Pathfinder tournament and Adrian game and caught Elmira v Flatty @ the MAC...... Not a true or fair assessment, but based on what I saw in Elmira, if Flatty repeats that performance, it won't be much of a contest...Leis was more lucky than good - and he was good.... Elmira had 3 quality chances to make it a 3-1 or 4-1 win...Oz has more horses than the Eagles....I suspect the pressure will be unbearable... I like the Lakers on Saturday...but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...

PrezdeJohnson09
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...

AGREED 110%.

I'm honestly more worried about the Potsdam game than the Plattsburgh one.

MountieBoyOz
01-24-2010, 08:32 PM
I've noticed that Oswego plays from behind, but I don't think they can fall behind early. Scoring early will put Platty under pressure. I just hope the Lakers don't forget about Potsdam.

OSUPBPMike
01-24-2010, 08:32 PM
AGREED 110%.

I'm honestly more worried about the Potsdam game than the Plattsburgh one.

Yeah we beat this point to a pulp during the last few broadcasts. This team seems to have pretty good focus but it's really going to be put to the test this weekend.

Stormy8174
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I've noticed that Oswego plays from behind, but I don't think they can fall behind early. Scoring early will put Platty under pressure. I just hope the Lakers don't forget about Potsdam.

score early then concentrate on defense...don't score to much on Friday night, save some for Saturday!

PrezdeJohnson09
01-24-2010, 09:15 PM
score early then concentrate on defense...don't score to much on Friday night, save some for Saturday!

DO NOT overlook Potsdam.

PSUChamps2001
01-24-2010, 09:17 PM
This will be my first Flattsburgh game since '77/8...(yes, I am THAT old)

I have been following recent years on the 'net...I witnessed the lone Oz loss to Elmira at the MAC, was at the Pathfinder tournament and Adrian game and caught Elmira v Flatty @ the MAC...... Not a true or fair assessment, but based on what I saw in Elmira, if Flatty repeats that performance, it won't be much of a contest...Leis was more lucky than good - and he was good.... Elmira had 3 quality chances to make it a 3-1 or 4-1 win...Oz has more horses than the Eagles....I suspect the pressure will be unbearable... I like the Lakers on Saturday...but let's make sure we don't get distracted the night before, boys...

That was probably one of the worst defensive games Plattsburgh has played all season. Compared to what we saw in Geneseo and Buff State this weekend (even shorthanded, the flu, and with out Satim) the team was just about as dominate as they were over the Lakers back in November.

PrezdeJohnson09
01-24-2010, 09:26 PM
That was probably one of the worst defensive games Plattsburgh has played all season. Compared to what we saw in Geneseo and Buff State this weekend (even shorthanded, the flu, and with out Satim) the team was just about as dominate as they were over the Lakers back in November.

They were dominant in the 4-3 win over Genny?

(Just asking. I obviously wasn't there and honestly haven't even looked at the box score).

PSUChamps2001
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM

(Just asking. I obviously wasn't there and honestly haven't even looked at the box score).

Take out the 2nd period, the fact 3 players were taking more time upchucking in the garbage can outside the bench, no Satim, Sleutter goes down sick after warm ups and Matt Bessing is rushes into the line up and arrives just in time for the faceoff. Had Gershon not made that highlight real robbing save on Clarke (which he dove across the crease and swatted the puck with the paddle of his stick) and the Cards go up 3-0, Cards win easy probably 6-1....That save gave his team life until the third period and then it was Plattsburgh taking total control. Plattsburgh had better chances on the Geneseo power play then the ice nights did.

For as much adversity and issues the team had to deal with both Friday and Saturday night...to come out with 4 points it was a for sure confidence booster. Do you really want Plattsburgh coming in with confidence? Didn't think so.... ;)

PSUChamps2001
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM

Over the 0-9-1 stretch:

1) Oswego has opened the scoring 5 times out of 10
2) Oswego has blown 10 leads
3) Oswego has blown 4 2-goal leads
4) Oswego has blown 4 3rd period leads
5) Oswego has blown 5 23 minute leads
6) Even this year they blew a 2-0 lead after the first, and was :002 seconds away from the third with a 2-2 tie after a 2-0 first period lead.

B) Pressure? Plattsburgh is not the team who has yet to beat the other team in 5 consecutive games in their "home" rink. Pressure of being #1. Pressure of winning out the SUNYAC. Pressure of maintaining home ice advantage. Finally, pressure of not Tanking it once again. ;)

C) I'd much rather lose in January then come March 6th. As of right now everything runs through LakerLand to get to Lake Placid. Plattsburgh will have NO pressure, win or lose.

kooosu86
01-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Over the 0-9-1 stretch:

1) Oswego has opened the scoring 5 times out of 10
2) Oswego has blown 10 leads
3) Oswego has blown 4 2-goal leads
4) Oswego has blown 4 3rd period leads
5) Oswego has blown 5 23 minute leads
6) Even this year they blew a 2-0 lead after the first, and was :002 seconds away from the third with a 2-2 tie after a 2-0 first period lead.

B) Pressure? Plattsburgh is not the team who has yet to beat the other team in 5 consecutive games in their "home" rink. Pressure of being #1. Pressure of winning out the SUNYAC. Pressure of maintaining home ice advantage. Finally, pressure of not Tanking it once again. ;)

C) I'd much rather lose in January then come March 6th. As of right now everything runs through LakerLand to get to Lake Placid. Plattsburgh will have NO pressure, win or lose.

lol ok :cool:

PSUChamps2001
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
lol ok :cool:

Wow glad you could add so much to the board...:D

kooosu86
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Oh, i'm sorry :o

SB in the 'Seo
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM

I saw it as a pretty even game. So in answer to your question - no.

I'd say 1st period Plattsburgh, 2nd period Geneseo, 3rd period even.
Game was decided on what would have been called an own goal in soccer.

Exciting game to watch. Even up and down play. Officiating was fine. No team dominated the other. Geneseo showed heart with a nice comeback in the 2nd. Plattsburgh showed good resolve and was not rattled even with the Geneseo comeback.

I remember having a few conversations with Coach Schultz were he saw games pretty differently than I did. Actually he saw the 4-1 loss in Plattsburgh last season as even game were he was screwed by poor officiating. I agreed the officiating wasn't the best but I still thought P'burgh was much better, oh well. My point is that two hockey-knowledgeable people can see completely different games (I don't know if anyone is even going to disagree with me, but just to try and prevent any thread hi-jacking.)

I will be at the game on Saturday. As with the Adrian game, I'll be going with my roommate from Geneseo and his brother who is the writer for Oswego newspaper.

I don't have a rooting interest in this game so if either side can persuade me - I'll root for their squad and wear those colors (I like $ and beer) ;)

collegehcky2
01-24-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't have a rooting interest in this game so if either side can persuade me - I'll root for their squad and wear those colors (I like $ and beer) ;)

******** width="425" height="344">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>:D

OSUPBPMike
01-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Tickets went on sale roughly 30 minutes ago to the student body and there is a line wrapping around the CC stairs.

WnyoOZ
01-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Take out the 2nd period, the fact 3 players were taking more time upchucking in the garbage can outside the bench, no Satim, Sleutter goes down sick after warm ups and Matt Bessing is rushes into the line up and arrives just in time for the faceoff. Had Gershon not made that highlight real robbing save on Clarke (which he dove across the crease and swatted the puck with the paddle of his stick) and the Cards go up 3-0, Cards win easy probably 6-1....That save gave his team life until the third period and then it was Plattsburgh taking total control. Plattsburgh had better chances on the Geneseo power play then the ice nights did.

For as much adversity and issues the team had to deal with both Friday and Saturday night...to come out with 4 points it was a for sure confidence booster. Do you really want Plattsburgh coming in with confidence? Didn't think so.... ;)

Wasn't Sleutter one of the players that cheap hit Rodrigues in platty ?

WnyoOZ
01-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Tickets went on sale roughly 30 minutes ago to the student body and there is a line wrapping around the CC stairs.

ya, i was talking to the first kid in line and he said he got there @ around 8 am ....and others that said they would be in line around 1 on saturday

by the way mike this is joe