Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

wow. we need to sweep this. but this season going down the drain fast.
    Go Gophers Go.

Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    Even if we sweep, it won't matter. We pretty much have to go 9-1 over our last 10 to accomplish anything. Considering 6 of those games are against teams in the top 5 in the Nation (well, UMD will probably drop out of the top 5 this week), that seems like a down-right laughable proposition.

Seeing as the games are at 10pm and away (meaning I'll have to go out to the pub to watch them), I actually thought (for about 5 minutes) that maybe I wouldn't watch these two. I'll end up watching them, but I won't be jumping around at the bar the way I usually do during Gopher games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
      Best bet now is to make sure we're not a TUC at the end of the year. That way we screw over all the teams that beat us.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        Even if we sweep, it won't matter. We pretty much have to go 9-1 over our last 10 to accomplish anything. Considering 6 of those games are against teams in the top 5 in the Nation (well, UMD will probably drop out of the top 5 this week), that seems like a down-right laughable proposition.

Seeing as the games are at 10pm and away (meaning I'll have to go out to the pub to watch them), I actually thought (for about 5 minutes) that maybe I wouldn't watch these two. I'll end up watching them, but I won't be jumping around at the bar the way I usually do during Gopher games.
        Not on tv.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Not on tv.
          It's on GCI,and it's free:

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
            No, not healthy.

Barriaball is still out for the year.
            Lofquist left.
            Hoeffel out with Mono.
            And last but not least, Taylor Matson (best defensive forward) out for the year with an ankle suffered against UND.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wow, and I thought us Tech fans were the negative ones
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Sweet! Thank you!
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This should be a good series. 2 evenly matched teams.
                  Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                    This should be a good series. 2 evenly matched teams.
                    You should worry. UAA won't be a TUC and after they sweep this game, neither will Minnesota. All those wins you'll have against them at the end of the year won't help you get a #1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      You should worry. UAA won't be a TUC and after they sweep this game, neither will Minnesota. All those wins you'll have against them at the end of the year won't help you get a #1 seed.
                      We'll take a #2 seed in St. Paul. That'll work.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                        We'll take a #2 seed in St. Paul. That'll work.
                        Without Minnesota as a TUC you're headed East. Enjoy the flight.

Comment

Has it always been free? I seem to remember paying at least once for the feed.
                          04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                          USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                          I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                          Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                          I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
                            Has it always been free? I seem to remember paying at least once for the feed.
                            It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.

You do need a broadband Internet connection with 512 kbps download speed or faster, and Real Player.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.
                              Frankly, it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work? Whoopee, back to square one. If it does? Whoopee! Bonus!

Now I just have to hope some other college game(s) are on tv until MN-UAA time.

Comment

Working...
                              X