SCSU at CC: Small Rivalry - Big Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU at CC: Small Rivalry - Big Weekend

St. Cloud could be considered the hottest team in the country winning 8 straight and going 11-1-1 in their last 13. Interesting enough the tie and loss came at the hands of CC. Huskies haven't had the toughest competition during the 8 game streak but that ends this weekend. Can the Huskies continue to find ways to win? Can CC match their performance at the NHC and take 3 points? These 4 points are huge when it comes to the conference standings. Should be a great series!

Re: SCSU at CC: Small Rivalry - Big Weekend

I'm certainly not overly optimistic going into this weekend see what happened earlier this season in St. Cloud.
    I'm hoping we can at least split. Anything more would be gravy. Anything less would be a setback.
    St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

The huskies always seem to play well at world arena. CC has a very good team, but I think the Huskies match up well against them. Both teams like to play that up and down high tempo game and the Hsukies usually do well against those teams. The huskies need at least two points out of this weekend and with team playing so well now I could see three or four points with a little puck luck.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        The huskies always seem to play well at world arena. CC has a very good team, but I think the Huskies match up well against them. Both teams like to play that up and down high tempo game and the Hsukies usually do well against those teams. The huskies need at least two points out of this weekend and with team playing so well now I could see three or four points with a little puck luck.
        We had our share of puck luck this weekend thats for sure, but we also played well. Bob had a great scheme and the boys executed it well especially last night. This coming weekend the tigers, next week the seawolves, after that the sioux, and finally bring on michigan, I still have it in for them!
        There is Hope . . .

Comment

No one can match the efficiency of this past weekends Huskies.

Comment

The Tigers are coming off a weekend series in Anchorage where friday night they blew the C-wolves out of the building and saturday looked dead and couldn't get their game going. Joe Howe has been spectacular in net. William Rapuzzi, Andrew Hamburg, Rylan Schwartz are all having spectacular freshmen seasons for CC. Mike Testwuide and Bill Sweatt continue to pace CC. SCSU has always played well at the World Arena. Should be a tough series.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              Although CC did completely outplay the Huskies Sat night in St. Cloud. CC was fast and skilled while St. Cloud looked completely lost. Right now this is a very different Huskies team though. I thought they looked extremely confident this past weekend and were very crisp with their passes. Particularly breaking out of the defensive zone, they knew exactly where to go with the puck and it was nice to see tape to tape execution. If they can keep that up this weekend I like our chances.

Comment

Last weekend was a REALLY big series for the huskies. Our forechecking looked great as did capitalizing on the turnovers. Both Lee and Dunn did a fantastic job in net. powerplay was successful as usual for the huskies. Colorado will be a challenge, but if we click, a sweep should be in order. We'll see.

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                  I'm certainly not overly optimistic going into this weekend see what happened earlier this season in St. Cloud.
                  I'm hoping we can at least split. Anything more would be gravy. Anything less would be a setback.
                  I think we will split, or maybe steal the series. I know we only took one point at home against them but A) we should've won Friday, I still am kinda surprised that ended in a tie, B) this is a different team and we're playing better than we were then, and hopefully C) there's the chance that the Huskies are as upset about only getting a point the first time CC came to town and wanna right that wrong. The Springs is about one of the best road arenas for us against a decent team in the WCHA, so anything less than 2 points and I'll be disappointed.

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                  No one can match the efficiency of this past weekends Huskies.
                  I got new for you bucko... against better competition we would've lost Friday, and there are a few teams in the nation that would've beaten us Saturday too. As many times as I clapped for St. Cloud doing something well, I clapped three times as many times for the Gophers urinating down their own legs. Seriously, that sheet of ice had so much **** on it, I was afraid for player's safety skating on it at the end of periods.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by fireman8 View Post
                    Joe Howe has been spectacular in net.
                    Really? His GAA is 2.6. He started out hot but has taken a big dive since November. SCSU is clicking, I think the Huskies come out with 3-4 points.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

We need to sweep and keep the momentum going. That would be a rocky mountain high.
                      Bob is making me concerned
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

CC is a good team, but this Huskies team has gotten a lot more dangerous over the past month. Should be a tough series, 3 points is the most I can ask for, a sweep would probably bring us into the top 5 nationally. Anyone know what our PWR is now?

Comment

Originally posted by huskiesfan1990 View Post
                          CC is a good team, but this Huskies team has gotten a lot more dangerous over the past month. Should be a tough series, 3 points is the most I can ask for, a sweep would probably bring us into the top 5 nationally. Anyone know what our PWR is now?
                          5th
                          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                            5th
                            Hmmm, could've swore we were that before the series. Ah well. Be nice to sweep and be in the running for a #1 seed, even if it is out east. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                              Although CC did completely outplay the Huskies Sat night in St. Cloud. CC was fast and skilled while St. Cloud looked completely lost. Right now this is a very different Huskies team though. I thought they looked extremely confident this past weekend and were very crisp with their passes. Particularly breaking out of the defensive zone, they knew exactly where to go with the puck and it was nice to see tape to tape execution. If they can keep that up this weekend I like our chances.
                              I agree with you that St. Could is now a very different team then what CC saw last time. It will be very important for CC to have Junior forward Stephen Schultz (injury) and Senior defenseman Kris Fredheim (illness) back into the line up for both of these games. I'll be resting my voice all week to use for these two games!

Go Tigers!!
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                              X