No roughing up Red!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No roughing up Red!!!

Did you see the dumb comment the GM of the LA Kings made about Red Berenson and the Michigan Program? He had the audacity to say Red couldn't coach cuz Jack Jackson came out of his short stay at the Wolverines the same as he came to them - raw talent with a big head. Remember all the bone-head penalties he took at the absolue worst time that hurt the team?
    I have the utmost respect for not only Red, but also his two assistant coaches. Mel Pearson has been with Red for forever and has turned down at least one D1 head coaching job (Michigan Tech), and Billy Powers has more experience than many #1 assistants. Together, along with the proximity of the USA Hockey Depelopment Program down the street have a recruiting juggernaut second to none. Billy is widely known and liked back East at the prep schools that goom student/athletes as an alternative to Juniors, and they typically recruit a year ahead of other schools by having players they're intrested contact the through a third party (bird dog) and drop in to Yost for a visit. Maybe the Kings GM shoulda looked at his player rather than send out a scud missile that landed with a thud!!!! (scud thud - cool eh?)

Re: No roughing up Red!!!

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=88018
    maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Re: No roughing up Red!!!

Thanks for the link, Gomer. I guess I just look deep enough, eh?

Fricker

Comment

Working...
      X