PDA

View Full Version : UW vs UMD... no outrageous predictions this week.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

VarsityWisconsin
01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
UW passed it's test against Denver this week by earning a B+. UMD came back to earth a bit this weekend against Bemidji St. There should be some more good hockey this weekend up on the evil side of Lake Superior. If Wisconsin can come away with at least a split, it set us up nicely for the stretch run.

Gurtholfin
01-24-2010, 08:22 AM
UW passed it's test against Denver this week by earning a B+. UMD came back to earth a bit this weekend against Bemidji St. There should be some more good hockey this weekend up on the evil side of Lake Superior. If Wisconsin can come away with at least a split, it set us up nicely for the stretch run.

WT F is the evil side of Lake Superior? The western end? The north shore?

I've been all over Lake Superior and there is no evil part.

What I would ask the group is whether we're gonna let this tool name any more threads when his finger is nervously twitching on the delete button.

I took care of it last time, it's someone else's turn.

Timothy A
01-24-2010, 08:34 AM

What I would ask the group is whether we're gonna let this tool name any more threads when his finger is nervously twitching on the delete button.

I think it's a good idea for VW to start to defer the genesis of the weekly game threads to others who can pen a quirky thread title that related to the series itself and not direct all the attention onto himself. The games need to be the focus of the thread.

blockski
01-24-2010, 09:23 AM
The winner of this series will win the series!

Wisko McBadgerton
01-24-2010, 10:30 AM

I disagree.

Gandalf the Red
01-24-2010, 10:41 AM

What if they split?

The DECC is a tough place to play w/ all the asbestos falling from the ceiling.

Wisko McBadgerton
01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
asbestos- pffft.
Any player not willing to die in the rink can go play in the CHA.

Biddco
01-24-2010, 11:20 AM

If there is an evil part it is the Yoop :p

Gurtholfin
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
If there is an evil part it is the Yoop :p

Inland, can be quite evil. Along the coast, not so much.

VarsityWisconsin
01-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Evil part = any part of the coast within the Minnesota state limits. The state makes people become evil. Case and point: Brett Favre. :D

Enough with my nonsense, though. This is going to be a great series. I think it's time I switch to Charter because they are covering the bulk of the UW hockey games. Freaking Dish.... At least both games are on TV for those of you who subscribe to Charter. Am I invited over to anybody's house for the games? :)

Bagman
01-24-2010, 02:26 PM

You said you weren't going to post when you drink. :confused: :D

VarsityWisconsin
01-24-2010, 02:28 PM
You said you weren't going to post when you drink. :confused: :D

Ha. I haven't cracked one open yet, but this Badger basketball game is making me want to. Man, they are sucking it up.

Biddco
01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Ha. I haven't cracked one open yet, but this Badger basketball game is making me want to. Man, they are sucking it up.

Bouncyball will do that.

The worst part about Duluth is that Wisconsin wrecks my awesome view of the lake. Plus Superior is a dirty dirty town.

VarsityWisconsin
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Bouncyball will do that.

The worst part about Duluth is that Wisconsin wrecks my awesome view of the lake. Plus Superior is a dirty dirty town.

Yeah, Duluth is a beautiful town. I wish I could come up there this weekend. I shouldn't be taking out my hate for Minnesota sports on you guys. :p

uwbadgers14
01-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Should be a interesting weekend. hopefully we can find a good matchup to slow down Fontaine and the connelly's. If UW can do that I think our chances to get some points...

Runninwiththedogs
01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Should be a interesting weekend. hopefully we can find a good matchup to slow down Fontaine and the connelly's. If UW can do that I think our chances to get some points...

Right now, it doesn't take much. :(

Chuck Schwartz
01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Right now, it doesn't take much. :(

I see Connolly, Connolly, and Fontaine played together both games this weekend. Have they been playing together all season?

If they keep that line in tact I think we'll counter With Jordy Murray-Blake Geoffrion-Craig Smith line that seemed to match up well with Denvers top line. Then we can run out our line of Ben Street-Derek Stepan-Michael Davies on the Bordson line. There isn't a second line in the nation that can match Street-Stepan-Davies...which is why Stepan and Davies have been putting up points in bunches lately.

solovsfett
01-24-2010, 06:04 PM
This should be a great series. I hope I can get em on tv down here somewhere.

On several occassions this season the UW has looked a bit like the 05-06 team. Holding the zone long enough to where they complete partial or whole forward line changes while keeping the puck in. Amazing work.

I think they've gained quite a bit of confidence with the CC/DU games now and should be in position to get 2 points on the road if they play to their potential. Anything more than 2pts is icing on the cake. Anything less at this point is a big disappointment.

WeWantMore
01-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I've said it before, but I still think Charter Extra is nonsense.

Red Till I'm Dead!
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I've said it before, but I still think Charter Extra is nonsense.

I sooooo agree. About a month ago, I had no sound on charter extra:confused: and I watched a hockey game with no sound :mad: