Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Part II

OUCH. I was personally hoping your winless slide would be over by now, because now my team is bait for you guys.

My ticket for tomorrow's game has me seated in Section 115, though I may watch from the standing room areas because I like to stand at hockey games. If you see a young individual in a Colgate sweatshirt or wearing a Colgate hockey hat (I'm undecided on what to wear), chances are it might be me. Feel free to say "hi."
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      If you see a young individual in a Colgate sweatshirt or wearing a Colgate hockey hat (I'm undecided on what to wear), chances are it might be me. Feel free to say "hi."
      Come on over to the pole at 113 and introduce yourself!

As for tonights game... what can be said? Another night of rotten puck luck mixed in with a few costly mistakes. Another game we outshot our opponent 2 to 1 with nothing to show for it. Another loss. This has to end sometime, right?

We played well but against the wrong opponent. While I hate Cornell's brand of hockey, they do what they need to do, and do it well. Scrivens was solid as usual but wasn't overly impressive. We had 2 or 3 shots off the post and another wide open net whiff by Wong. If just one of those go in...

Oh well... regroup and try to take it to Colgate (sorry, Rainman). This has to end sometime, right?
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Where are most of you die-hards situated, arena-wise? I'll definitely come by and say hi, if I can identify you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

As for tonights game... what can be said? Another night of rotten puck luck mixed in with a few costly mistakes. Another game we outshot our opponent 2 to 1 with nothing to show for it. Another loss. This has to end sometime, right?

We played well but against the wrong opponent. While I hate Cornell's brand of hockey, they do what they need to do, and do it well. Scrivens was solid as usual but wasn't overly impressive. We had 2 or 3 shots off the post and another wide open net whiff by Wong. If just one of those go in...

Oh well... regroup and try to take it to Colgate (sorry, Rainman). This has to end sometime, right?
          Hey Mark and Luke

I have a theory..........my Bruins are reeling and so are you guys. If one or the other team can win a game.... the other will be lifted right out of the mess and come out of their slump.

I saw Bob McKenzie tonight at the RPI/SLU Game (by the way his son Mike recorded career points 100 and 101 tonight) and I told him I was looking to acquire a pearl handled, Boston Bruin logo'd Hari Kari knive if he could find one for me. When will this losing ever stop????!!!!!!

We tied tonight and I'll take it. I think the road will be tougher against Union tomorrow. SLU played well enough to win tonight but the end of the game got ugly....a big scrum with about 3-4 minutes to go and we wound up a man short for 2 minutes and Bollig got a game misconduct and was gone for the rest of the night. It was a close to a fight as I have seen in years. Good luck against Gate tomorrow night.
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
            Where are most of you die-hards situated, arena-wise? I'll definitely come by and say hi, if I can identify you.
            allnightwong, myself and whomever we drag with us can be found at the top of 113 (opposite the press box). We usually get there early, too (sometimes before they even turn the lights on! ).
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              I have a theory..........my Bruins are reeling and so are you guys. If one or the other team can win a game.... the other will be lifted right out of the mess and come out of their slump.
              Is that all it's gonna take? I guess I can start rooting for the Bruins... anything to help the Bobcats! This has to end sometime, right?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
                either way, you will see me and my group of friends that are really, truly passionate about our bobcats, in our same spot, front row right behind the net, as always.
                You guys do seem dedicated, unlike the rest of the student section!

I especially liked the little side show you gave last night! That took a pair about the size of basketballs! Kudos to you... for a few minutes you had the students all riled up and ready to go.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

You guys do seem dedicated, unlike the rest of the student section!
                  *cough* *cough* hey!!! don't forget about the four rows of my residents in section 111!! we stay the entire game! and get there about as early as you do old man don't forget about us! we provided quite colorful commentary at times too, myself included haha

and don't forget we avoided five rogue pucks last night! talk about dedication!!

but yes, Q needs to break this slump. Cornell played a great game last night, but it shouldn't have been a shut out. we need to find the net someohow. i dont know if i can take watching yet another game that we outshoot our opponent but still manage to lose...
                  Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Not much to say...you guys all hit on it. I'm watching the game on TV right now. The first goal was tough but shoulda been stopped, the second was atrocious. It's incredible how quickly the arena cleared out going into the 3rd period of a 1-0 game...no spirit (except for our boys in the front row and starless and her crew).

Sully we'd love to see ya at the pole at 113 come by if ya get a chance. Colgate is battling for a first round by and are only 2 points behind Mike's beloved SLU Saints. They will come out hard.

Word from our alumni contingent in the building for alumni weekend, if we thought that last night was an on paper, Yankee Stadium sellout then we're in for it tonight with various alumni events going on concurrently. I hope we get a decent student turnout but if you asked me if I thought I'd see that many empty seats last night I wouldn't have believed it.

Oh well, got QU basketball at 3 p.m. maybe they'll continue winning.

Go Q!

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
                      *cough* *cough* hey!!!
                      That cold's not getting any better huh?

don't forget about the four rows of my residents in section 111!! we stay the entire game! and get there about as early as you do old man don't forget about us! we provided quite colorful commentary at times too, myself included haha
                      I wasn't forgetting or ignoring you and your crew. Please accept my hearfelt apologies...
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

That cold's not getting any better huh?

I wasn't forgetting or ignoring you and your crew. Please accept my hearfelt apologies...

i'm feeling much better thanks, though my voice is messed up so little yelling from me tonight

and apology accepted, i suppose...

i don't think there will be much of a crowd at all tonight, but that's just me. hopefully i'm wrong
                        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Nice barn. How come if the board can show video you don't replay the goal?? Everything else is smashing! Great hotdogs. Beat the chit outta ours.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

WE SCORED!!!

I thought it'd never happen again.

Comment

Great victory. The agressive play has finally paid off. I am in Fla., and got the game on the computer-sounded good. Wonger- fill me in. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Nice barn.
                                Thanks mookie! It was nice meeting you even if it was only for a few minutes after the game.

I hope you and the kids enjoyed the visit. I'll even forgive them for leaving with all that Colgate paraphenalia since we won!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X