X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Gets #1 and #3 ESPN Plays of the Day

Wonderful national exposure for our sport last night:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...days-top-plays

Nice to see some college hockey fans are working at ESPN and watching our games.

Re: College Hockey Gets #1 and #3 ESPN Plays of the Day

I find it funny most of the top 10 plays involve sports ESPN gives little to no coverage of.

Comment

I watched most of the BC v. BU game last night and saw that goal. When I was watching Top Plays on SC this morning I kept thinking to myself "how can they not have that goal on this list??" then they got to #1

Comment

A couple of weeks ago a save from the LSSU/Michigan State game was #3. I don't remember ever hearing about much college hockey on those countdowns before so this is pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by rude1979us View Post
          I watched most of the BC v. BU game last night and saw that goal. When I was watching Top Plays on SC this morning I kept thinking to myself "how can they not have that goal on this list??" then they got to #1
          I saw #3 and i was wondering "well, then what kind of slick **** is going to be #1" and then it was answered.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Plays 4,3, and 2 all had a Wisconsin flavor to them. Unfortunately we were on the losing end in all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by rude1979us View Post
              I was sitting four rows off the ice just to the right of the goal and I did NOT enjoy that goal at all.
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                I was sitting four rows off the ice just to the right of the goal and I did NOT enjoy that goal at all.
                Well then DAMMIT it shouldn't have counted!
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                  Well, some of us did.

That goal reminded me of one Orr got back in '72, I think, against the Golden Seals (yeah, white skates!) where he hit his own rebound out of the air between his hands with the shaft of the stick. Only difference was, Orr had been tripped on the first shot and did it from a horizontal position.

Nice win by the Terriers and great game from BC. Milner was surprising.
                  Thanks, ESPN.

Comment

They had a UNH women's hockey hilight from the Frozen Fenway game against Northeastern a couple of weeks ago as the #10 play which was pretty cool (the player had lost her stick behind the net and kicked the puck out to the slot where it was one time blasted past the goaltender... pretty cool to see)

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Well then DAMMIT it shouldn't have counted!
                      Hehe.

Sucks to BC?

Comment

What was that sport in the first several clips? It looked kinda like basketball, except they apparently allow traveling.

Powers &8^]

Comment

The bball plays are awesome, I mean, it is so rare to see a dunk or alley-oop in the NBA.
                          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            Plays 4,3, and 2 all had a Wisconsin flavor to them. Unfortunately we were on the losing end in all 3.
                            UWM won that game by 10, though.
                            Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

A) That link does not work anymore. Can anyone find the ESPN video of those two goals?

B) We should all E-Mail in to ESPN and thank them for showing college hockey, and maybe they will realize there are fans out there and show more highlights?

Comment

Working...
                              X