Truth about Cats and Dogs - the sequel: UNH@BU 1/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth about Cats and Dogs - the sequel: UNH@BU 1/23

I've noticed this season the complete lack of home and home series. Why did Hockey East do that? Makes it difficult to get game threads started properly.

Anyhoo.....both teams coming off of OT victories last night. According to the BC PA announcer, UNH won in double OT!!! Not sure how that happened. What will we see tonight? UNH on a roll and sitting pretty in first place. The Terriers 4-1 in 2010, with wins over ranked teams....is this strong second half thing actually happening?

Discuss.

Re: Truth about Cats and Dogs - the sequel: UNH@BU 1/23

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I've noticed this season the complete lack of home and home series. Why did Hockey East do that? Makes it difficult to get game threads started properly.

Anyhoo.....both teams coming off of OT victories last night. According to the BC PA announcer, UNH won in double OT!!! Not sure how that happened. What will we see tonight? UNH on a roll and sitting pretty in first place. The Terriers 4-1 in 2010, with wins over ranked teams....is this strong second half thing actually happening?

Discuss.
    It does seem as if HE has reduced the home and homes quite a bit... too bad... I liked that format.

BU in desperate times right now, and playing thier best hockey of the year so far... I'm going with BU 4 UNH 3.

Comment

It seems every time BU has had a win to build momentum on they have laid an egg the next game. Beating UML in OT (5-4 on a Colby Cohen goal from the faceoff circle to the goalie's right ironically enough) they bring no real offense to the rink the next night and lose to UML. After the exciting comeback at Harvard they quickly fall behind 2-0 to Cornell and never are able to fully dig themselves out. And then after the Fenway win the team plays about 15 solid minutes against PC and lose there.

I'm not sure which is worse, the way the team played in the game following those wins, or that there were so few wins that looked to be momentum building, but plain and simple this trend must end tonight.

Surprisingly enough with a BU win tonight they would be below .500 in HE, but still not have lost a single season series with just one game left in January.

11 games to go 3 points and 1 extra game played out of home ice.

Comment

Time to make amends for last season's 5-0 embarrassment in January:
        http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-hockey/...012309aaa.html

Probability of BU winning 5-0 tonight = 0%
        Probability of UNH winning 5-0 tonight = 10%
        Probability of a great contest = 100%
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

For anyone not going, we're live blogging.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Can never be comfortable against BU even with a 3-goal lead. 6-on-3 almost worked again tonight the way it did against Miami in the Championship game last season.
            I thought Craig Janney had an interesting observation during the NESN broadcast. BU has so many talented players that, at times, they make one or two unnecessary passes trying to execute a pretty goal.
            No doubt, they'll make some noise when the Hockey East playoffs roll around.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
              Can never be comfortable against BU even with a 3-goal lead. 6-on-3 almost worked again tonight the way it did against Miami in the Championship game last season.
              I thought Craig Janney had an interesting observation during the NESN broadcast. BU has so many talented players that, at times, they make one or two unnecessary passes trying to execute a pretty goal.
              No doubt, they'll make some noise when the Hockey East playoffs roll around.
              Last year it was a 6 on 5. 6-on-3 was at MSG.
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Quality win for UNH tonight. Lots of good to come out of this one. Nice that the 5-0 loss last yr remains the only UNH loss to BU ever at Agganis. Excellent job tonight, Cats!

Oh... and this is meant totally with the utmost respect.... I thought Rollheiser had a great game tonight. He made at least 5-8 incredible saves that really kept BU in the game. I rarely see BU, but I can see why Parker plays both Millan and Rollheiser. They are both pretty dam n good. Nice problem to have.

BU, good luck the rest of the way. Cats, nice job tonight and yesterday.... now go get ready for Merrimack next weekend.
                Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

I'm not as happy with Rollie's performance. He wasn't bad, nor the reason why they lost, but he doesn't steal games for you, nor will he ever from what we've seen so far. I think he's had a chance to play himself into a rotation this year but hasn't quite done enough to force the issue.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                  X