Harvard @ RPI, Saturday Matinee, Jan. 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard @ RPI, Saturday Matinee, Jan. 23

John Harvard comes to Stephen Van Rensselaer's for an afternoon visit. Shall we be inhospitable hosts?

Harvard's won 4 consecutive ECAC games and has some momentum. We've played pretty well of late, too. Time to step up... we have to play better than we did for the first two periods vs. Dartmouth.Go Red!

Go Cherry & White! Take the Belt!
    Last edited by fr joe; 01-23-2010, 12:14 AM.
    Here we come!

Re: Harvard @ RPI, Saturday Matinee, Jan. 23

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    Red Cloud          2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    Ralph Baer         1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    FlagDUDE08         1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Waite21            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    fr joe             1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan 14-17- 4 32 points  .457
    fr joe            14-22- 4 32 points  .400
    Ralph Baer        11-20- 5 27 points  .375
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-12- 0 14 points  .368
    rpihockeyfan13     5- 4- 0 10 points  .556
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-10- 3  9 points  .281
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    FlagDUDE08         3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 3- 1  3 points  .300
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Both The Belt and The ECAC Belt are being contested this afternoon. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=69942
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let's step up tonight's game, and get the belt! Though RPI is one game ahead, both teams are at about .500 and tied in points. Who is going to take this one? The winner moves all that much closer to the first-round bye.

It's a TV game, folks. Channel 3 for Time Warner Albany. I checked last night, and it will be on Channel 13 for Time Warner Syracuse. Time Warner in this state has been making a push to show more games in the state, so I would check your local TW Sports listing to see if you have the game. It's a 4PM start.

Comment

We will have to be a much more competitive team if we want to win this one. We were very fortunate last night against Dartmouth. We had superb goaltending and we scored our only 2 goals when their goalie just lost focus a little. I hope coach SA can get this team back to looking like they did against Princeton and Quinnipiac. The forward lines just did not look cohesive yesterday-passing was not crisp and they played with a lot of confusion. Hoping that was a one game anomaly and we can play like we can against Harvard and make them play our style. Perhaps a little tweaking of the lines is in order? Go Red!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We will have to be a much more competitive team if we want to win this one. We were very fortunate last night against Dartmouth. We had superb goaltending and we scored our only 2 goals when their goalie just lost focus a little. I hope coach SA can get this team back to looking like they did against Princeton and Quinnipiac. The forward lines just did not look cohesive yesterday-passing was not crisp and they played with a lot of confusion. Hoping that was a one game anomaly and we can play like we can against Harvard and make them play our style. Perhaps a little tweaking of the lines is in order? Go Red!!
            Could some of it be attributed to nerves, being the first game back at home after some big wins out on the road? You come back to your fans and feel the pressure to perform, where on the road you know everyone hates you anyway. Just a thought.

The guys looked tense most of the night, but after the game when they saluted the crowd there was relief and smiles on every face. I'm hoping they just needed to get through that one so they can start playing their game again.
            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I think that the lines will go back to what we had in the past. Helfrich will go back with Polacek, and the freshman will be reunited. You said it yourself last night. These guys did not play like they knew each other.
              I will be at the field house today and hope for a much better performance.
              We stole one last night, now we have to earn one for the 4 points this weekend.

LETS GO RED!!!!
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                Could some of it be attributed to nerves, being the first game back at home after some big wins out on the road? You come back to your fans and feel the pressure to perform, where on the road you know everyone hates you anyway. Just a thought.

The guys looked tense most of the night, but after the game when they saluted the crowd there was relief and smiles on every face. I'm hoping they just needed to get through that one so they can start playing their game again.
                That sounds like a good explanation. Thankfully, York kept us in the game the first period.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Afternoon games after an evening game are a bit odd-we dont get many of these. Hopefully we can come out fast and take advantage of Harvard being on the road with short rest time. This is one case where being home may be an even bigger advantage due to the short rest period. Come out fast guys and catch them a bit tired!!! Having the last line change should also help since we can match up against their big line better. Go Red!

Comment

Last night's win can be credited to the defense and the goaltender.

If the forwards can step up and say, "OK, today it's our turn," then I think RPI will be all right.

Comment

Harvard goaltender faced 48 shots last night. Evidently their game was similar to ours. We need to come out fast and stay on them.
                      Get someone in front of the goaltender and keep him moving from side to side.
                      Could be a low scoring game with two hot goalies.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Harvard goaltender faced 48 shots last night. Evidently their game was similar to ours. We need to come out fast and stay on them.
                        Get someone in front of the goaltender and keep him moving from side to side.
                        Could be a low scoring game with two hot goalies.
                        or a high scoring game with two tired goalies.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636. Only changes are Vassel in for Watts and Lee switching wing.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636. Only changes are Vassel in for Watts and Lee switching wing.
                            Perhaps these guys will have better chemistry after one game playing together-I would have preferred to see something more like we had over the Princeton weekend where the forwards seemed almost telepathic with their passing to linemates. Hope this works out-Harvard is starting to get on a roll and this is a game we need to come out fast and hard.

Comment

Union contained Leblanc fairly well last night. Who will be the point leader this afternoon? Leblanc, JDA, Pirri? I realize the sample size is small, but from what I've seen of them, JDA is the most complete player of the 3. (At this point).

Comment

Working...
                              X