Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its #1 vs #3 when Denver visits UW

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...012110aad.html
    MADISON, Wis. – The eyes of college hockey will be focused on the Kohl Center this weekend when No. 3 Wisconsin (13-6-3, 9-5-2 WCHA) plays host to No. 1 Denver (14-5-3, 10-3-3 WCHA) on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.

The games will be the UW’s first Kohl Center WCHA games since Dec. 4-5 and lucky for the Badgers they are 8-2-2 at the Kohl Center this season. The Badgers have struggled in recent times against Denver, dropping all five contests against the Pioneers last season and failing to score a goal in each of the last two meetings.

However, in addition to UW’s home record this season, it does have other recent history on its side. The Badgers are an impressive 5-1-1 at the Kohl Center against the No. 1 team in the country during the Mike Eaves’ era with two victories over North Dakota, and wins against Minnesota, Michigan and Colorado College on the resume.
    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
    Originally posted by MadCityRich
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Re: Its #1 vs #3 when Denver visits UW

And this thread is all #2.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Isn't this the 4th thread started ?
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        What a week!! Anyway we could settle on one of these threads?
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Overzealous Newbie.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I heard a rumor that Joe Thornton got traded. Anyone know anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              This is a HUGE series and probably needs a 5th thread. The winner gets the National Championship after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                This is a HUGE series and probably needs a 5th thread. The winner gets the National Championship after all.
                LOL!
                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                sigpic
                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  And I thought tUMD was just handing over the Broadmoor Cup
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Say it ain't so...uw14 & vw have a ****ing brother........GoBucky36.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      Family planning?

Comment

...should have used a rubber.....
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Poster children for birth control?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            Family planning?
                            Unfortunately the planning was done by brother and sister.
                            The only good this may bring is inbreeding leads to sterility.
                            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                              Unfortunately the planning was done by brother and sister.
                              The only good this may bring is inbreeding leads to sterility.
                              The most important question is who is playing the "sister" between those two

Comment

Working...
                              X