This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Unless someone has a complaint, let's go with rjohntute's title, slightly modified, after the other thread closes.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Any complaints?

(crosses arms)

Didn't think so.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Any complaints?

(crosses arms)

Didn't think so.
      The Ayes have it then.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You guys burn through threads like it's TARP money.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          You guys burn through threads like it's TARP money.
          Not as many as MTU.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Without A Peer is putting together a list of the Top 10 greatest RPI games of the 2000s. Some of the candidates are pretty obvious, others not so much. I have a list of 22 candidates right now, but if anyone wants to suggest one that they think I might overlook for consideration, you can shoot me an email through the board.

I'm considering games between Jan. 1, 2000 and Dec. 31, 2009. So that includes the back half of the 1999-2000 season and the front half of this season (through GLI).
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

RPI vs. RIT: First to 10 wins, possibly? If anything, it's the last official game we've hit double digits in.

Whiteout 2006: Shutout against Cornell, and Farynuk playing like a professor failed him on an exam: So PO'd he took it out on the other team.

Obviously I only have half the knowledge (seeing as how I started following in October 2004), but could be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                RPI vs. RIT: First to 10 wins, possibly? If anything, it's the last official game we've hit double digits in.
                I thought that game was most famous for being the only RPI game to have a game thread with over 500 posts. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=53961
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I thought that game was most famous for being the only RPI game to have a game thread with over 500 posts. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=53961
                  I had to look, and this was WAY before I started posting..... just..... wow. Too bad we don't do that anymore, even though the UNH game we came close (and big surprise, I was at HFH for that one... )

Comment

I had to look, and this was WAY before I started posting..... just..... wow. Too bad we don't do that anymore, even though the UNH game we came close (and big surprise, I was at HFH for that one... )
                    There is only one non-playoff game thread with more posts http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=64872. I am tempted to add 16 posts, so we can pass it, but I won't.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This game was not good. It was RITs first year in Division I and RPI allowed seven goals. I don't care that it was scuffle-filled and had lots of scoring, that was a pretty low night for RPI.

2006 Whiteout against Cornell was a good game though. RPI was a very grumpy team that night.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        This game was not good. It was RITs first year in Division I and RPI allowed seven goals. I don't care that it was scuffle-filled and had lots of scoring, that was a pretty low night for RPI.

2006 Whiteout against Cornell was a good game though. RPI was a very grumpy team that night.
                        I think I'm going to agree with you. Thought double digits might be a saving grace, but given the score looked more like a football game, probably a good idea not to count it.

BTW, what is the current list of 22? Or are we just going to have a vote on it all later?

I would be surprised if the 06-07 game against BU wasn't at least considered. Granted it was a tie, but still, sold out game that wasn't a freakout, exciting play, good play for the Engineers against a very highly ranked team, unfortunately SAJ leaving 1 minute before overtime...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Now I feel bad for being at that game and not adding to the total posts. Maybe we could have made 600.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Without A Peer is putting together a list of the Top 10 greatest RPI games of the 2000s. Some of the candidates are pretty obvious, others not so much. I have a list of 22 candidates right now, but if anyone wants to suggest one that they think I might overlook for consideration, you can shoot me an email through the board.

I'm considering games between Jan. 1, 2000 and Dec. 31, 2009. So that includes the back half of the 1999-2000 season and the front half of this season (through GLI).
                            I'm sure it's on your list of 22 already, but Freakout 2005 is probably my all-time favorite. That GWG by Kirk MacDonald is one of the few moments from RPI hockey that I can picture perfectly in my mind years later.

Also, although it was an away game and not too important in the grand scheme of things, our game at Yale on 1/26/07 was pretty incredible. We had a one-goal lead, took two penalties late, and of course Yale pulled their goalie. In almost a full minute of 6-on-3 and a bunch of 6-on-4, we never even cleared the puck across the blue line... Jordan Alford stood on his head and we won 2-1. (Granted, my first-row seats for that sure helped make it exciting. )
                            RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

This be da new tread? What happened to return of the Seth that was so Neardy Star Warzian. It was........beautiful I will miss it. This one sounds like some Troylet made it up.

I aaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm just a teenage dirtbag baby. Jacoby La forget it. Will they wait till he is 30.

Could O'Grady be the best freshman???
                              Is SA scared that Jake could mess up his Locker

Comment

Working...
                              X