X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I've seen him regularly at RPI games - he's one of the traveling fans who goes to all the away games, but I've never formally been introduced.
    Oh nice. I don't recall seeing him wear that jersey at HFH though.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      For years I've seen him in a Nate Marsters #18.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

He usually wears a Nathan Marsters signed road jersey at HFH and at a few away games.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          He usually wears a Nathan Marsters signed road jersey at HFH and at a few away games.
          Ah now see, those are the sorts of hints I appreciate. I'll have to make sure and say hello next time.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Ah now see, those are the sorts of hints I appreciate. I'll have to make sure and say hello next time.
            As will I.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronojon View Post
              How many wake-up calls do these guys need? They should have woken up after losses to Army, Niagara, and Brown, as well as the last minute tie against Harvard. Despite the amazing improvements that have been made this year, RPI still has a dumbfounding tendency to play to the skill level of their opponents, and it's killing us. If we had beaten Brown, and held onto our leads against Harvard and Dartmouth (they had the ability to do all of this), we would be one point away from first in the conference. Hopefully this wake-up call actually sticks.
              WHOA....Tiger, let's all take a deep breathe.

Your litany all is certainly true, but ignores the fact that five freshman played huge roles in the outcome in the game last night. As much as we marvel at the offense our guys put up, they are learning on the job and like sausage making, it ain't always pretty.

Considering where this team was at this point last year, I think I can live with where we are at today. Am I PO'd we lost last night? Absolutely. But lets all keep the big picture in mind.

With any luck, York's leg is not serious and he'll be able to take the crease on Friday night.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                You tell me
                Yeah, Chase's three goals tells me he was coasting all night...Merriam stepping in capably for York -- no desire there at all. Dumb penalties - which wore us down - cost us that game.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                  The WRPI announcers made a good point at the end of the Dartmouth game...that this might be "a wake-up call" of sorts, that is, a forceful reminder of the need to play the full :60 against every team. I can only go by what I heard on the radio and the box score and RC's first-hand account.

That said, third period play continues to suffer big time. Conference only goals by period we're +6 and +8 in the first and second periods but -1 in the third. By comparison SLU is +8, Yale is +9, Colgate is +5, and Union is +11. Even Clarkson is only a -2.

Dartmouth was a -14 entering last night's 3rd period. Bottom line: Red should not blow a 2-goal lead to a team that is -14 in third periods. IMHO this team will have to learn real quick to put opponents away in third periods if they're going to make a post-season run.

Any word on York's injury? From the radio it sounded like Merriam played really well and the PK did a good job, especially killing the 5x3 in the third.
                  8 Penalties (3 in the 3rd) for 27 minutes wore us down. There's no mystery why we stumbled in the 3rd last night.

I don't disagree that we need to do a better job finishing teams off,
                  but from what WRPI said, RPI had numerous opportunities to bury rebounds on O'Neil last night...D'Amigo missing a wide open rebound (which 99 times out of 100 he buries) comes immediately to mind....especially in the early going. I'll defer to those who saw the game, but it sure sounded like it could've easily been 4 or 5 -1 after two.

Comment

If if if... coulda shoulda woulda... (ps: John Graney is still on 1300am... was a great fan of RPI hockey & coach MA... hope he enjoyed HFH last weekend.)

RC's right about Army & Niagara and that we should be more concerned w/growth during RS. The recent 'lost opportunity points' are a problem, but team can emerge with focus and some really serious mojo to close out games. Let's be the team that no one wants to play from here on out!
                    Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      In the TU today, SA was quoted as saying he didn't think the injury was serious.
                      Also: "...York turned his right ankle trying to cover Reeds and required help to the locker room."

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        In the TU today, SA was quoted as saying he didn't think the injury was serious.
                        Should we hold out for a more reputable source?

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                          If if if... coulda shoulda woulda... (ps: John Graney is still on 1300am... was a great fan of RPI hockey & coach MA... hope he enjoyed HFH last weekend.)

RC's right about Army & Niagara and that we should be more concerned w/growth during RS. The recent 'lost opportunity points' are a problem, but team can emerge with focus and some really serious mojo to close out games. Let's be the team that no one wants to play from here on out!
                          "Grey-Neck" is something of a has-been, hopelessly stuck in the past, still holding a grudge against the school and the team for Mike's demise. He rarely misses a chance to run them down and gives the current coach or team nothing but passing note before returning to how great Siena basketball is.

I've called his show and talked about this -- he almost seems like he's waiting for Beattie and Appert to have him over for the VIP treatment. He is an avid golfer, and I do think getting Graney to meet Appert by playing in the summer golf tourney is probably all it would take for him to view the program positively.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Should we hold out for a more reputable source?
                            Weaver/Record account:

"...Appert said the extent of York’s injury isn’t known but he could miss next weekend’s games with Quinnipiac and Princeton.

“It looks like it’s not major-serious but it might be some time,” Appert said.

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...e217813587.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Weaver/Record account:

"...Appert said the extent of York’s injury isn’t known but he could miss next weekend’s games with Quinnipiac and Princeton.

“It looks like it’s not major-serious but it might be some time,” Appert said.

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...e217813587.txt
                              Never, never, never trust the Times-Useless.

Comment

Never, never, never trust the Times-Useless.
                                Can I trust them if I wanna hear about bouncy-ball with the Great Danes?

Once again, it's individual mistakes. It was that way against Harvard at HFH as well. When will we ever learn.....

Comment

Working...
                                X