X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
    Apparently Erick James '99 decided to forgo hockey and mechanical engineering and become a "comedian, actor, magician, and improv artist". He's playing Revolution Hall on 2/26.
    Arrgh! That would be awesome to go to if I wasn't already planning to be in Hamilton that night!
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
      Apparently Erick James '99 decided to forgo hockey and mechanical engineering and become a "comedian, actor, magician, and improv artist". He's playing Revolution Hall on 2/26.
      Tim did an interview with him last year about this. He's actually pretty good. he also teaches a class at The Arts Center in Troy on how to be a stand up comic.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        They're both great articles. Weaver and Schott are definitely the only writers in the area for hockey coverage...
        FYP
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Arrgh! That would be awesome to go to if I wasn't already planning to be in Hamilton that night!
          How about the 20th? http://www.erickjamescomedy.com/Schedule.html he is also in Albany a lot.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

20th, unbeknownst to Ed Weaver, is Freakout.

“I’m very psyched,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of big games. We’ve got the (Big Red) Freakout coming (Feb. 19) and hearing so much about it, a real big stretch here and hopefully we can put wins together and kind of seal the deal here. We’re looking forward to it.”
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-04-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Members of the '85 team expected back according to the game notes include

Terry Butryn ‘87
              Mike Dark ‘86
              Ken Hammond ‘85
              Neil Hernberg ‘87
              Trini Iturralde ‘87
              Mark Jooris ‘86
              Mo Mansi ‘88
              Mike Poisson ‘86
              Daren Puppa ‘87
              Mike Robinson ‘87
              Mike Sadeghpour ‘85
              George Servinis ‘86
              Jeff Whiteside ‘86

and Coach Mike Addesa.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                “I know I’m going to get run,” D’Amigo said. “No doubt about it. I just have to kind of rub it off, or get out of the way if I can, and not let them get in my head.

“If they want to come after me, let them do it,” added D’Amigo, who has only 12 penalty minutes all season.
                Translation: "**** you. I just don't give a **** about your little games."

Comment

Terry Butryn ‘87
                  Mike Dark ‘86
                  Ken Hammond ‘85
                  Neil Hernberg ‘87
                  Trini Iturralde ‘87
                  Mark Jooris ‘86
                  Mo Mansi ‘88
                  Mike Poisson ‘86
                  Daren Puppa ‘87
                  Mike Robinson ‘87
                  Mike Sadeghpour ‘85
                  George Servinis ‘86
                  Jeff Whiteside ‘86

and Coach Mike Addesa.
                  13 team members-hope that is a lucky number. What a good group of players!
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    13 team members-hope that is a lucky number. What a good group of players!
                    It's also interesting who isn't showing up from those who dressed for the FF: Oates, Carter, DiPronio, Tiano, Friday, Langevin, Prendergast, Nienhuis, and sadly Jopling.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's also interesting who isn't showing up from those who dressed for the FF: Oates, Carter, DiPronio, Tiano, Friday, Langevin, Prendergast, Nienhuis, and sadly Jopling.
                      13 is an outstanding number...should be a rockin' house at HFH ...If Seth holds true to form, I bet he asks Addesa to address the team before the game.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Terry Butryn ‘87
                        Mike Dark ‘86
                        Ken Hammond ‘85
                        Neil Hernberg ‘87
                        Trini Iturralde ‘87
                        Mark Jooris ‘86
                        Mo Mansi ‘88
                        Mike Poisson ‘86
                        Daren Puppa ‘87
                        Mike Robinson ‘87
                        Mike Sadeghpour ‘85
                        George Servinis ‘86
                        Jeff Whiteside ‘86

and Coach Mike Addesa.
                        I still might boo Joorhis....

Comment

And now for something completely different.

This week's WAP feature focuses on the Ring of Honor and discusses some potential future inductees in a number of different categories. Check it out and vote in the poll.

Comment

I didn't want to reply to this in the Yale thread since I didn't want to force them off track, but after so many years, it's good to hear someone say something like this again.

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                            Good god, RPI and Yale better not meet in the playoffs! That'd be the worst possible matchup for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I didn't want to reply to this in the Yale thread since I didn't want to force them off track, but after so many years, it's good to hear someone say something like this again.
                              I believe I wrote something to that effect on the game thread following the win. Allain better hope he doesn't see us ...after failing to offer even the mildest of acknowledgments for our play on Sat. night.

Comment

After this week's PWR & TUC discussion on this thread, Sullivan's weekly column echoes some of the sentiments stated here.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...yFeb42010.html

Also of note, Sullivan picks us for a sweep this weekend. Here's hoping he's reclaimed his dowsing abilities (rather than us continuing to wish he picks us to lose).
                                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X