X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009-10 Part IV: The Boys are Back in Town

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Hey RC - sorry that you had to waste that cat food!
    We're not there yet; we're still tied for 5th, and 3 points away from top 4. Still some work left, and we do play 3 teams "ahead" of us (I'm counting Colgate to be ahead because of game differential).

Comment

I would start a game thread but I go to sleep unlike the rest of you who just rest your eyes
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        I would start a game thread but I go to sleep unlike the rest of you who just rest your eyes
        Oh come now, I wake up on the weekends around 7AM.

Comment

I just got back from arguably the most complete game I've seen an RPI team play in years. With the exception of the last 10 minutes of the second period they were completely in control and outplayed Yale in all phases of the game - and even during that stretch they outscored the Bulldogs on Polacek's goal. I expected a split this weekend, but not in this manner.

Now if they can just establish some consistency..............

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            I just got back from arguably the most complete game I've seen an RPI team play in years. With the exception of the last 10 minutes of the second period they were completely in control and outplayed Yale in all phases of the game - and even during that stretch they outscored the Bulldogs on Polacek's goal. I expected a split this weekend, but not in this manner.

Now if they can just establish some consistency..............
            I agree that tonight was special...the boys played relaxed and confidently. The Yale players were frustrated early on. I think RPI surprised them by, not just sticking with Yale's speed but, stepping on the accelerator the whole time. PK superb. PP still a bit tentative in the shot department. Individually, the RPI boys were unbelievably aggressive. Yale has 2 big boys (25 & 28) who had NO impact on our boys. Arcobella (sp) and Backman were rendered ineffective. There were few mistakes and smiles on faces even when they were grinding. Met Redhead (great meeting you) and Hubster & I were impressed with the RPI fans...great night for RPI...Wicked, were you there?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              I agree that tonight was special...the boys played relaxed and confidently. The Yale players were frustrated early on. I think RPI surprised them by, not just sticking with Yale's speed but, stepping on the accelerator the whole time. PK superb. PP still a bit tentative in the shot department. Individually, the RPI boys were unbelievably aggressive. Yale has 2 big boys (25 & 28) who had NO impact on our boys. Arcobella (sp) and Backman were rendered ineffective. There were few mistakes and smiles on faces even when they were grinding. Met Redhead (great meeting you) and Hubster & I were impressed with the RPI fans...great night for RPI...Wicked, were you there?
              I too was impressed with how the Engineers were able to not only deal with Yale's speed but actually turn it into an advantage. I've seen a fair number of games at the Whale involving RPI and other teams and it is easy to get passive or back on your heels against the Bulldogs out of respect for the speed and skill of Arcobello, Backman, Little and others. In this game the boys were confident stepping up into the play, largely because of unusually solid positional play as there was always someone else sliding into position to cover. Solid team defense enables aggressive plays on offense.

As for the PP, Yale is good at cutting off shooting lanes and pressuring the points. They seemed well versed in the Engineer's tendency to slide Polacek down from the point to the half-wing boards and prevented good shots from the outside. The solution to that is to get the puck down low and that eventually led to PP goals from in tight by Polacek (technically just after the PP expired) and Pirri.

Comment

Congratulations to Chase Polacek on becoming the 60th member of the 100-point club.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Does anyone know what Kerins's condition is? There is nothing about him in The Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...5570411250.txt.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

When teams want to play that "step on the accelerator" type game against us (like Yale does, probably also Q-Pac and Princeton), we can drive them into the ground because that's our game. There's still some difficulties against the rough pinching clutch-and-grab teams (Cornell, Union, Brown), but it's something we can work on in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Does anyone know what Kerins's condition is? There is nothing about him in The Record http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...5570411250.txt.
                      After the game he was on crutches but he wasn't really leaning on them much. It's his knee, but to me it wasn't obvious which knee it was. Sounds like he doesn't expect to miss much time, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        After the game he was on crutches but he wasn't really leaning on them much. It's his knee, but to me it wasn't obvious which knee it was. Sounds like he doesn't expect to miss much time, if any.
                        Were you in attendance RC?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Sounds like he doesn't expect to miss much time, if any.
                          Does that mean that you (or someone else) spoke to him?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I spoke to Seth at the pre game festivities yesterday and asked him if the team was over the loss to Brown the previous night.
                            He said that they were, but he wasn't. It was clear that he was still upset over that loss.
                            I am sure that by the end of the night, he got over it.
                            In the 17 years that I have been following the Engineers, I have not seen them play a more complete game.
                            They dominated in every situation on the ice.
                            Seth should show that game film before every game the rest of the way this season.
                            Great performance.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Were you in attendance RC?
                              I was and I was also at the pregame festivities where Seth spoke to the assorted alums in attendance. Both were good times, for sure.

I saw you after the game was over but I didn't put two and two together until you had already left! Freakout, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I spoke to Seth at the pre game festivities yesterday and asked him if the team was over the loss to Brown the previous night.
                                He said that they were, but he wasn't. It was clear that he was still upset over that loss.
                                I am sure that by the end of the night, he got over it.
                                In the 17 years that I have been following the Engineers, I have not seen them play a more complete game.
                                They dominated in every situation on the ice.
                                Seth should show that game film before every game the rest of the way this season.
                                Great performance.
                                Couldnt agree more. What a performance! The RPI crowd was awesome, almost like being at HFH. Babo it was a pleasure meeting you. The Brown loss Friday was hard to swallow, id like to have that one back as well as the Harvard and Union games to give us the extra 5 points in the standings. Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda time to move on to next weekend and get 4 more points. Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X