PDA

View Full Version : The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

RedFreak
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Winning the WCHA regular season is an accomplishment worthy of pride, but I'm not that excited about it. Maybe it's just because we so rarely do. I'm too lazy to look it up, but we may in fact have more National Championships than Cups and for my money, those are what matter.

Only 3 times, which is embarrassing.

ScoobyDoo
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Of course not, but what you do know before hand is that winning the cup is a major, major accomplishment, so it should be fought for tooth and nail.
Gophers won two in a row just recently and all people remember is Holy Cross and losing to UND and missing the Frozen Four after having beat them at the FINAL FIVE.

Just saying.

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Gophers won two in a row just recently and all people remember is Holy Cross and losing to UND and missing the Frozen Four after having beat them at the FINAL FIVE.

Just saying.

And should you forget... ;)

But I get what you're saying and I think that stems from where our programs are at. NC's are what matter. Anything less is, well, less.

The M. Cup is great, but only when you package it within a National Championship.

RedFreak
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

Just saying.

The gophers lost to Holy Cross?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek:

Driftryder
01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
The gophers lost to Holy Cross?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek:

It's what Sioux fans keep telling us anyways.

goldy_331
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
In 91 or 92, the Blackhawks won the President's trophy for winning the regular season and then were bounced by the North Stars in the first round. I never celebrated that President's trophy, believe me. I was up in Minneapolis for the elimination game. It SUCKED. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:(

:D :D :D :D :D

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Those look just like the faces that I saw in the crowd all around me.
:mad:

Still no Cup in my lifetime.

Maybe this year... :)

MadCityRich
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I respectfully disagree. A first round loss is FAR more painful after winning a regular season title.

In 91 or 92, the Blackhawks won the President's trophy for winning the regular season and then were bounced by the North Stars in the first round. I never celebrated that President's trophy, believe me. I was up in Minneapolis for the elimination game. It SUCKED. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:(

God Bless the Minnesota North Stars. I've always been a Blackhawk fan, but I was also a closet North Star fan. I still have a NS jersey, 4 caps, a bumper sticker, and an autographed picture of #33, your goaltender....Don Beaupre!

goldy_331
01-21-2010, 04:12 PM
God Bless the Minnesota North Stars. I've always been a Blackhawk fan, but I was also a closet Northstar fan. I still have a NS jersey, 4 caps, a bumper sticker, and an autographed picture of #33, your goaltender....Don Beaupre!

He's an assistant coach for Edina High School and has a couple kids in the EHA right now.

DCBadger
01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Love Beaupre as a Capital....had some great teams in front of him, but couldn't get to the SCF.

And after all these years, Norm still sucks.

Runninwiththedogs
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
This strikes me as supremely childish. You don't like what someone says, then ignore it. done.

I don't know that anyone would disagree with the childishness. Actually when it comes to posting on USCHO, I tend to try to be as childish as possible. When weighing how to respond to something, I try to take the lowest low road possible.

That being said, no way should Varsity Wisconsin be banned. We already lost VermontDad, who was possible one of the most entertaining people on this board.

MadCityRich
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
He's an assistant coach for Edina High School and has a couple kids in the EHA right now.

Any of them goalies? We could use 2-3 in a couple of years. A friend of MCR Jr moved to Edina a while back. We took in a couple of his games while traveling to the inlaws :mad: near the TC. I can't believe how big that organization is.

goldy_331
01-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Any of them goalies? We could use 2-3 in a couple of years. A friend of MCR Jr moved to Edina a while back. We took in a couple of his games while traveling to the inlaws :mad: near the TC. I can't believe how big that organization is.

I think one boy is on the JV right now. They don't post the JV roster anywhere so I can't confirm until I go to another game and pick-up a printed roster.

ScoobyDoo
01-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Just stand downstream from Grand Forks on the bank of the Red River. You never know what you might find. ;)

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
That being said, no way should Varsity Wisconsin be banned. We already lost VermontDad, who was possible one of the most entertaining people on this board.

I don't actually want him banned. I just thought he deserved his name in lights for deleting the thread.

I don't think anyone should be banned, ever.

VarsityWisconsin
01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Goody is back in goal. Dolan is back in the lineup. No Thurber.. hmmmm.

The UW lineup:

F Ben Street-Blake Geoffrion-Craig Smith

F Jordy Murray-Derek Stepan-Michael Davies

F John Mitchell-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting

F Andy Bohmbach-Sean Dolan-Patrick Johnson

D Ryan McDonagh-Jake Gardiner

D Brendan Smith-John Ramage

D Cody Goloubef-Justin Schultz

G Scott Gudmandson

The Denver lineup:

F Rhett Rahkshani-Tyler Ruegsegger-Joe Colborne

F Anthony Maiani-Jesse Martin-Kyle Ostrow

F Matt Glasser-Drew Shore-Chris Knowlton

F Shawn Ostrow-Brian Gifford-Brandon Vossberg

D Patrick Wiercioch-John Lee

D Matt Donovan-Chris Nutini

D Paul Phillips-Cody Brookwell

G Marc Cheverie

du78
01-22-2010, 09:41 AM
It is GAMEDAY

GO DU!!!!!

jen
01-22-2010, 10:12 AM
TV this weekend

FSN W, FSN RM and NHL Network on Friday

No national TV on Saturday, Local WIS3 in Madison

supposedly Saturday's game is also on TWC Sports 32 in Milwaukee. I wouldn't necessarily believe that until I turn it on and actually see the game, though.

Puck Swami
01-22-2010, 10:42 AM
The Pioneers are usually much better on Friday nights than Saturday nights, but with Ryder and Wrenn out on Friday on DQ suspensions from UAA, the Pioneers will go with Philips and Brookwell in that third D-pairing.

Both Philips and Brookwell have had their struggles this year - Philips is talented but still adjusting to the college game as a frosh, and Brookwell has had good games and bad games as he struggles to keep his spot in the lineup as a senior. It will be interesting to see how much PT these guys get as the game wears on. I would bet you'll see Wiericioch and Lee double shifting late in the game.

On Saturday night, I think you'll see Ryder and Wrenn back into the lineup.

GopherBigGuy911
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
On the behalf of all Gopher fans, go Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!