PDA

View Full Version : The Varsity Wisconsin Should Be Banned OFFICIAL Denver @ Wisconsin Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

solovsfett
01-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Then you won't mind me saying that VarsityWisconsin makes Corky look like Albert *ing Einstein. Correct?

of course. say what you will. this is why I don't pay attention to the little green and red dots.

Slap Shot
01-21-2010, 07:07 AM
of course. say what you will. this is why I don't pay attention to the little green and red dots.

FTLT/Rabid might actually have a bigger sense of humor than you.

Dmann
01-21-2010, 11:13 AM
bump!! Ok, we have about a day and a half before the puck drops. Now can we talk hockey? Must be a great atmosphere at the Kohl center. With DU's recent record there, the fans must be especially fired up! I remember back in the old DU barn, the Badger fans were always the most vocal. A sea of red, some guy beating on a drum leading a most ominous cheer of "sieve" Very cool!!

WeWantMore
01-21-2010, 12:10 PM
bump!! Ok, we have about a day and a half before the puck drops. Now can we talk hockey? Must be a great atmosphere at the Kohl center. With DU's recent record there, the fans must be especially fired up! I remember back in the old DU barn, the Badger fans were always the most vocal. A sea of red, some guy beating on a drum leading a most ominous cheer of "sieve" Very cool!!

I don't know what kind of atmosphere to expect, I would hope for 14,000+, at the least, but that might be doubtful.

dggoddard
01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't know what kind of atmosphere to expect, I would hope for 14,000+, at the least, but that might be doubtful.Make that 14,100 on Saturday night. 100 DU fans will be there. :)

WeWantMore
01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Make that 14,100 on Saturday night. 100 DU fans will be there. :)

I'm not basing that number on a huge sample size or anything, our series with the Goofs this year saw us draw 12,500 on Friday and 14,060 on Saturday, which was kind of disappointing in my opinion. Hopefully tomorrow gets a little better turnout.

scsutommyboy
01-21-2010, 12:33 PM
FTLT/Rabid might actually have a bigger sense of humor than you.

That's not possible.:D

dggoddard
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm not basing that number on a huge sample size or anything, our series with the Goofs this year saw us draw 12,500 on Friday and 14,060 on Saturday, which was kind of disappointing in my opinion. Hopefully tomorrow gets a little better turnout.Wisconsin fans aren't going to turn out in droves to watch a 7th place hockey program like the Gophers. :D

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Wisconsin fans aren't going to turn out in droves to watch a 7th place hockey program like the Gophers. :D

If they're turning out, where are they? In the concourse?

I believe it will be pretty full this weekend and the energy level should be high, at least for our morgue-like fans.

vizoroo
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
If they're turning out, where are they? In the concourse?

I believe it will be pretty full this weekend and the energy level should be high, at least for our morgue-like fans.

Never thought I'd hear badger fans described as morgue-like.
Does this mean the cadre of DU fans making the trip will out "Sieve" the home crowd?

VarsityWisconsin
01-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I hate to bring up that we were 0-5 against Denver last year, but maybe bringing it up will help karma and give us a victory due to the law of averages. We have to be at our best this weekend, because we haven't seen a better team all year. This series should be treated like it's for the McNaughton cup otherwise we don't have much of a chance.

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Never thought I'd hear badger fans described as morgue-like.
Does this mean the cadre of DU fans making the trip will out "Sieve" the home crowd?

They have been this year on Fridays. Things usually pick up after the holidays though and I expect a better atmosphere this weekend.

Saturday is sold out and tickets are nearly gone for tomorrow.

Should be fun!

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I hate to bring up that we were 0-5 against Denver last year, but maybe bringing it up will help karma and give us a victory due to the law of averages. We have to be at our best this weekend, because we haven't seen a better team all year. This series should be treated like it's for the McNaughton cup otherwise we don't have much of a chance.

As some crazy old coot once said...

There you go again.

They should treat this as what it is. 1 vs. 3 in late January with 4 coming up next weekend. The Badgers are not concerned with the McNaughton right now. They want to put together 6 solid periods of hockey in the same weekend. Until they prove that they can do this, the McNaughton is a pipe dream.

Consistently playing like a top five team is the goal and if they can figure that out, the other things will follow.

ScoobyDoo
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
There you go again.

Sounds like he really wants Wisconsin to win the MacNaughton. IMO it's just something they hand out and making it to the dance with a chance to win it is more important. Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.

RedFreak
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Exactly, which is what I thought you meant originally.

RedFreak
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.

It's pretty **** close. I'll take it over a first round loss in the playoffs any day.

ScoobyDoo
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
It's pretty **** close. I'll take it over a first round loss in the playoffs any day.

Well, yeah, but you don't know that. When you hit the NCAA's hope springs eternal. It's only after losing there that you find solace in having a different banner to hang at the start of the next year.

RedFreak
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, yeah, but you don't know that. When you hit the NCAA's hope springs eternal. It's only after losing there that you find solace in having a different banner to hang at the start of the next year.

Of course not, but what you do know before hand is that winning the cup is a major, major accomplishment, so it should be fought for tooth and nail.

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Sounds like he really wants Wisconsin to win the MacNaughton. IMO it's just something they hand out and making it to the dance with a chance to win it is more important. Still there are many who think the MacNaughton is the Holy Grail of college hockey.

Winning the WCHA regular season is an accomplishment worthy of pride, but I'm not that excited about it. Maybe it's just because we so rarely do. I'm too lazy to look it up, but we may in fact have more National Championships than Cups and for my money, those are what matter.

Gurtholfin
01-21-2010, 02:01 PM

I respectfully disagree. A first round loss is FAR more painful after winning a regular season title.

In 91 or 92, the Blackhawks won the President's trophy for winning the regular season and then were bounced by the North Stars in the first round. I never celebrated that President's trophy, believe me. I was up in Minneapolis for the elimination game. It SUCKED. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:(