UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

we've been wondering the same thing. i think many of us secretly suspect he's playing through an injury. we haven't seen him blast one in a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      we've been wondering the same thing. i think many of us secretly suspect he's playing through an injury. we haven't seen him blast one in a long, long time.
      He got one or two good ones off against Northeastern in the 6-5 OT win, but on Saturday the only attempt I remember resulted in him snapping his stick on the play and fanning on the puck.

He doesn't even seem to be playing well without the puck, though he did drop a few big hits on Saturday.

If it is an injury, that would be a logical reason.

Comment

UML moves up to 15th nationally in the USCHO poll. Right in the middle of the Hockey East pack.

Strangely enough ...

13 New Hampshire
        14 Boston College
        15 Massachusetts
        16 Mass.-Lowell
        17 Vermont
        19 Maine
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo15 View Post
          He got one or two good ones off against Northeastern in the 6-5 OT win, but on Saturday the only attempt I remember resulted in him snapping his stick on the play and fanning on the puck.

He doesn't even seem to be playing well without the puck, though he did drop a few big hits on Saturday.

If it is an injury, that would be a logical reason.
          well yeah i mean he still has a good point shot but this isn't maury edwards otherworldly-type shots we're talking here.

Comment

Jeremy Dehner gets the Athletic Republic Player of the Week for his 1-3-4 against Merrimack.

Falite, who also had four points (3-1-4) was on the Honor Roll as was Worthington (two goals on the weekend).

Also, per the Press Release:
            CAREER FIRSTS/MILESTONES/WHO'S HOT?
            Jeremy Dehner, UML (Madison, Wis.) Became the third-highest scoring Division I defenseman in UMass Lowell history with 75 points

Kory Falite, UML (Billerica, Mass.) Has tallied 11 points (6g,5a) in eight games since returning from the holiday break for UML
            Last edited by UMLFan; 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

extremely belated gallery add to the recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/01/23/bc-uml.php

It isn't good to hit "delete" before hitting "save".

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                extremely belated gallery add to the recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/01/23/bc-uml.php

It isn't good to hit "delete" before hitting "save".
                Nice pics again! Thanks. Lil looked over when we got there the other night and right away said, "Melissa Wade is here!" I would not have been so observant!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                  well yeah i mean he still has a good point shot but this isn't maury edwards otherworldly-type shots we're talking here.
                  I thought he had an amazing shift when he broke his stick in our end and proceded to defend without one. Great job there.

Happy Birthday to UMLGoon!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    I thought he had an amazing shift when he broke his stick in our end and proceded to defend without one. Great job there.

Happy Birthday to UMLGoon!
                    I'll echo both sentiments.

I was very impressed with that shift for Edwards. I think he twice stopped passes without his stick, he played that very well.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I'll echo both sentiments.

I was very impressed with that shift for Edwards. I think he twice stopped passes without his stick, he played that very well.
                      He keeps breaking the things. Maybe we should lobby that he plays without

Comment

Saturday night was very enjoyable and picking up 4 points was even better.

Lowell is in the mix for home ice and thats all that we can ask for after an up and down season so far.

Take care of Northeastern on Saturday and I'm pretty sure we will get 5000+ against BU on the 5th.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Juice (Chris Auger) is on the hockey show tonight and they're talking about his goal against NU last year in the HE semi's. Got me thinking back to that game and the wave of emotions. Going down 2-0, Blair getting a goal at the end of the 2nd period, tying it up at the end, and then winning in OT. The feeling at the end of that game was incredible so I'm thinking we need to do that again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                            Juice (Chris Auger) is on the hockey show tonight and they're talking about his goal against NU last year in the HE semi's. Got me thinking back to that game and the wave of emotions. Going down 2-0, Blair getting a goal at the end of the 2nd period, tying it up at the end, and then winning in OT. The feeling at the end of that game was incredible so I'm thinking we need to do that again this year.
                            I will never forget that game. Campbell scoring with 19 seconds left and then the game winner 3 or 4 minutes? into overtime.

I bought tickets for the championship game on the escalator leaving the Garden that night lol.

As much as I love improbable comebacks I would rather have a lead near the end of games. Know what I'm saying?
                            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              I was listening to the radio in the parking lot outside of the Icehut in Dracut. I started screaming like a banshee, ran into the rink where Danny Fontas was registering people for a tryout- told him. He ran onto the ice in the middle of try-outs to tell Darryl Green. (blasts from the past). When he did that I was pounding on the glass and giving Lil the thumbs up. I was so excited I thought I was going to burst. Boy was I po'd that I missed that.

Comment

my most vivid memories of that game are not the last two goals themselves, but the way the plays developed.

as the puck came across the blue line to moe on campbell's GTG i immediately thought if moe got it on net, then the puck would probably come right to soup and no one saw him camped on the backdoor. same thing with juice's goal. he came off the boards and i said to my buddy that if holmstrom got the shot off, auger would have a great chance to tip it.

the plays were so obvious a child could see them developing but when they actually happened, it was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X