UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Disappointing tie, but tough to play w/o your captain, especially given the way he dominated last night. I thought the hit was a penalty but not worth getting the gate. Did Lowell lose a faceoff tonight?

Comment

Maine dosen't scare me in the slightest. That game misconduct on Holmstrom was bull****, especially considering how the refs just put the whistles away right after that. Lowell dominated the weekend. Too bad they couldn't end Vermont's season.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Maine dosen't scare me in the slightest. That game misconduct on Holmstrom was bull****, especially considering how the refs just put the whistles away right after that. Lowell dominated the weekend. Too bad they couldn't end Vermont's season.
        He hit him more from the back than he did the side and the guy went into the boards head first. It's always going to be a 5 minute major that way. Stop pouting dogsie.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          One of the worst crews we have seen all yr. That linesman must be a caller for a square dance hall. Every face off he was repositioning someone or kicking them out. The heavy ref messed up breakouts or getting into the zone and really affected play for both teams. It didn't make anyone win or lose but it was dam n irritating.

I don't- ignore is a wonderful feature
          I believe #43 is Matt Riegart and I loathe being at any game he officiates. He tossed one of our guys for questioning the position of the opposing center. That's not officiating, that's arrogance; course with Hansen on the ice, he's got good company.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Rat View Post
            Disappointing tie, but tough to play w/o your captain, especially given the way he dominated last night. I thought the hit was a penalty but not worth getting the gate. Did Lowell lose a faceoff tonight?
            In hindsight, I would have to 100% agree with the loss of the captain. It changed the whole complexion of the game.

However, it was a five minute penalty that had to be called. Putting away the homer part of me, there was little question on the referee side of me based on college rules. That type of hit is going to be 5 and the gate every time.

As a whole, it was a fairly good game played by Lowell tonight. Not as good as last night, but a very good solid effort. Once again, they can't score the clutch goal when they need it the most. The OT PP was the perfect time to bang one home to end it but it looks awful. The end result, I'm sad to say was the epitome of this season. Really isn't that much to say and now we have to go to that hellhole in Penobscot County and pray for a miracle. Will sleep on it to see if I can go or not.

I really hope it doesn't end in Maine for these seniors but history hasn't been too kind.
            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
              In hindsight, I would have to 100% agree with the loss of the captain. It changed the whole complexion of the game.

However, it was a five minute penalty that had to be called. Putting away the homer part of me, there was little question on the referee side of me based on college rules. That type of hit is going to be 5 and the gate every time.

As a whole, it was a fairly good game played by Lowell tonight. Not as good as last night, but a very good solid effort. Once again, they can't score the clutch goal when they need it the most. The OT PP was the perfect time to bang one home to end it but it looks awful. The end result, I'm sad to say was the epitome of this season. Really isn't that much to say and now we have to go to that hellhole in Penobscot County and pray for a miracle. Will sleep on it to see if I can go or not.

I really hope it doesn't end in Maine for these seniors but history hasn't been too kind.
              Saying Lowell needs a miracle is a bit over dramatic. Maine is in a heap of trouble between the pipes. They're playing like crap overall right now. Lowell is on the up swing, 3-0-2 in their last 5, including a win at Maine.

Four years ago this match up would terrify me. This year? Not scared in the least.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

I thought Soup played out of his mind tonight. Kudos to him. He was everywhere.

Comment

I thought the boys deserved the win tonight. My only comment on the game misconduct is this: It was BS.

Two wins up in Orono and I will see everyone in two weeks at the Garden.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    It's great to have a Chancellor who's also a sports fan.
                    Agreed. Your post might seem like a trivial comment to those newbies or younger fans out there but to us old(er) timers, this is a HUGE (and welcome) change from previous administrations.....
                    Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Saying Lowell needs a miracle is a bit over dramatic. Maine is in a heap of trouble between the pipes. They're playing like crap overall right now. Lowell is on the up swing, 3-0-2 in their last 5, including a win at Maine.

Four years ago this match up would terrify me. This year? Not scared in the least.
                      I hope you're right. I don't have good vibes when they go to BU or Maine in the playoffs, at least in the sixteen years I've been watching this team.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Maine just choked up 4 points at home.... The only stumbling block is between the ears.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

How much you wanna bet Darling magically gets unsuspended for this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post

I would rather look toward this series the same way I looked toward going to the Gut last year. Proving grounds before the garden (remember Vermont's record at home last year?). If we can get out of Maine then we should have a good wave of momentum in Boston no miracle needed, just time to show what team you want to be.

As for the penalty, I have a question. In college games, does the 5 min automatically get the game misconduct?

Vermont stepped up their PK a slight bit last night, they didn't let the side board passes go as much as on Friday. However, I think the lack of PP last night can be attributed to the lack of #21's presence on the ice. Ben is a big reason goals are scored on the PP, and in general.
                            UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                            https://twitter.com/umlweatherman

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                              How much you wanna bet Darling magically gets unsuspended for this weekend?
                              Don't put alot of money on the that bet, Goon.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell View Post
                                Agreed. Your post might seem like a trivial comment to those newbies or younger fans out there but to us old(er) timers, this is a HUGE (and welcome) change from previous administrations.....
                                Word. The last chancellor never got it.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Don't put alot of money on the that bet, Goon.
                                After reading the Maine thread last night I wanted a Maine newspaper to look in the day to day section....

Comment

Working...
                                X