if you don't make saturday a double-header, you're the worst lowell fan

Comment

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      The basketball game is at 1:00 pm.

Comment

The River Hawks are 10-5-0 at the Tsongas Center this winter. I think it was the 07-08 season when we finally clawed back to make the overall Tsongas record over 500. Great to see we're really making it a place for other teams to be concerned about, if not actually dread.

Averaged crowd of 4,665, also pretty decent. Would love for it to go up more from this weekend.
        Last edited by Go-UML; 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

SOMEONE read the Sun this morning!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
            Does anyone think Monty is going to make it back from Amsterdam in one piece?
            Originally posted by Patman View Post
            What makes you think he's going to come back?

He's probably arguing for premanent residency at this point
            With the "scenery" such as it was, it was tempting. I had to laugh when I got back to the US, get to the customs guys and one of them looks at me and says "Aren't you a UML season ticket holder?" He used to be one too ... made customs so much easier!
            Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            The basketball game is at 1:00 pm.
            I might do that...
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
              I don't know if any of you made the trip out to the 'Mack last night but that was an intense atmosphere. The game sold out and the Lowell section had a tremendous turnout. Lots of chants back and forth, wish 'Mack/Lowell hockey games were more like that nowadays..

Hopefully Costello has that vibe tomorrow.

Should be a great weekend of hockey and basketball! Both teams need these wins bad!
              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

That was the type of effort I was looking for, especially in the second half of the game.

Kory Falite's breakaway goal may be the turning point of this season if the River Hawks make a run in the HE playoffs. Vermont had everything going for it after Irwin's laser beat Hutton to make it a two to one contest. Even with the score 2-1 off of two nice plays, I had a feeling Lowell wasn't done. In fact, I think it helped them to get started.

I can't remember the last time a Lowell player had a clean breakway and took care of business putting it past the goaltender in a clutch situation. From that goal, Lowell never looked back and had a hell of a night on the PK and PP.

One half of the job was done tonight, let's complete the job tomorrow. I would be completely happy for at least two extra games in Lowell during the month of March; it's been awhile

Oh, before I forget, a special thank you to those two fat ***** UVM boosters that decided to start talking smack to ScottK and myself when Vermont scored their two goals and was winning with 45 minutes to go in the game. Turned out really well for them when I was bidding them adieu with 3:10 to go. For some reason, it seemed like they weren't as interested with the score was 5-2, left the building, and Scott and I were doing all of the talking. Never even looked back. This is why I wait until the end of the game to open my trap.
                Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM.
                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

I know when Falite cashed in I was happy since it seems like awhile since we cashed in on the break. Great win... one more win and I'm hitting cheaptickets for a plane and car. LET'S GO LOWELL!!!
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Holmstrom and Cey were dominant along the end boards. Great PK, only disapointment was the Radio Shack scoreboard crapping out again.

Comment

A win tomorrow not only gets Lowell home ice, but also eliminates Vermont from the playoffs.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

i can't think of a river hawk that didn't have a strong game. moe maybe.

and btw, how about chris auger? tied for fourth on the team in points, nine goals, excellent in every situation. that kid has just been phenomenal this year. most improved player by six miles. both his goals tonight were the result of wonderful execution.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                          ...and had a hell of a night on the PK and PP.
                          So here's my question. Tonite I saw a completely different PK from what I've seen all year. Usually, I see four PK guys on the ice almost backing in towards their own goalie, letting the opponent not only move in closer but have an easier time handling the puck. Tonight, I saw a PK team out challenging the puck handlers with an aggression I hadn't seen this season. It lead to UVM looking almost silly on their penalty opps and Falite's SH goal.

Where has this been all year? Is it just me? Am I missing something?
                          Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Rat View Post
                            Holmstrom and Cey were dominant along the end boards. Great PK, only disapointment was the Radio Shack scoreboard crapping out again.
                            Try operator error. The regular clock operator was not in the booth tonight and those that were in haven't run the clock in over a year. It was not Radio Shack's fault tonight.

Comment

Scenarios with Lowell Win on Saturday (thinking positively)

Maine: Lowell is third with a Maine loss, else fourth.

BU: If BU wins AND Maine ties or wins, BU comes to the Tsongas. If BU loses/ties, we have home ice but the opponent is not clear.

NU and MC: Obviously a NU win means they finish ahead of BU since they hold the tiebreaker. In this scenario, Merrimack could then finish ahead of NU and BU by beating Providence at 27. If BU, Amherst, and NU all are at 26, NU wins that tiebreaker.

UMA: With a point AND a NU point, UVM would miss the playoffs. (UVM has NU tiebreaker)

There are many, many, many more, I'm sure but these are a few highlights.
                              Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-05-2010, 10:32 PM.
                              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Assuming that Lowell has home ice for a moment, who would we rather see in the QF's, Merrimack or BU (also assuming they would be our first round opponent)?

Comment

Working...
                                X