Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    From what I hear he was pretty much back to himself saturday.
    Excellent.
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Carter Hutton Named Top Hockey East Goaltender by Goalies' World.
      http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...022310aad.html

Comment

Lowell remains in a tie for sixth place in HE as BC beats Merrimack tonight 7-0.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Lowell remains in a tie for sixth place in HE as BC beats Merrimack tonight 7-0.
          This is very important that Merrimack's game in hand was not a win.

At the same time, this win by BC elminates Lowell from getting second place.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
            This is very important that Merrimack's game in hand was not a win.

At the same time, this win by BC elminates Lowell from getting second place.
            Maybe my math isn't adding up... but BC now has 30 points with 3 games to go and Lowell is at 22 with 4 games to go. Based on that alone, if Lowell goes 4-0-0 and BC goes 0-3-0, they both end up with 30 points and UML has the H2H tiebreaker...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              Maybe my math isn't adding up... but BC now has 30 points with 3 games to go and Lowell is at 22 with 4 games to go. Based on that alone, if Lowell goes 4-0-0 and BC goes 0-3-0, they both end up with 30 points and UML has the H2H tiebreaker...
              facts schmacts get outta here buddy

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                facts schmacts get outta here buddy
                just saying, that's all. 30 = 30 and 2 > 1

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  My bad, I thought they got 31 pts tonight...

However, they play an Amherst team that is heading the wrong way on a one way track at the Heights on Saturday, so it may be a temporary reprieve until then.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

However, they play an Amherst team that is heading the wrong way on a one way track at the Heights on Saturday, so it may be a temporary reprieve until then.
                    I think we're better off with UMass continuing to lose this weekend, and maybe pull of an upset at Maine (where they don't seem to have the problems Lowell does).

Also, with BU losing Trivino for the season, that's not a catastrophic loss for them, but it hurts ... since I'm believing more and more that BU's going to be our first round opponent (home or away).

I just can't believe how frustrating this Lowell team is. Since January 29th BC is 7-2, and have scored a whopping 40 goals. But they played Lowell in two of those games and only notched 3.

Lowell can play with anyone ... why don't they prove it every weekend!

It's scary to think that the road to the HE title currently would be BU (as I mentioned above), UNH and BC in the title game. Would anyone here bet money this Lowell team can't do it? Then again, would anyone bet they can?
                    Last edited by UMLFan; 02-24-2010, 08:09 AM.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      It's scary to think that the road to the HE title currently would be BU (as I mentioned above), UNH and BC in the title game. Would anyone here bet money this Lowell team can't do it? Then again, would anyone bet they can?
                      The league is so crazy this year that anything can happen once the playoffs start. Any team that makes the HE playoffs this season has a shot to win it

Comment

That's a 7 result swing... its not worth worrying about until next Saturday if it even materializes.

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        The league is so crazy this year that anything can happen once the playoffs start. Any team that makes the HE playoffs this season has a shot to win it
                        This is basically what the ECAC was like for a string of years... everybody was so mediocre or inseperable that they'd just beat each other and then the playoffs was just more of the same.
                        Last edited by Patman; 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Let's say it together...........4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.

The Hockey East picture will be pretty clear around 6PM on Sunday.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                            Let's say it together...........4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.

The Hockey East picture will be pretty clear around 6PM on Sunday.
                            4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.

4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.4 points this weekend, 4 points this weekend.

: praying hard:

Comment

Even Providence can't be depended on to lose all the time...I predict a split weekend. With my luck they will each lose at home...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                                Even Providence can't be depended on to lose all the time...I predict a split weekend. With my luck they will each lose at home...
                                PC got its monthly win last weekend against BU. You guys should be in the clear.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X