Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    I'm going to listen to Blaise tonight on WUML. I have no idea what he will say.

Conspiracy theory time..........Does anyone think Blaise is looking for a new gig? He didn't look like he cared on Saturday while McEachern was going crazy on some of those calls berating the officials.
    he might be looking for a new gig, but seriously who would want him! i for one am glad i wasn't drinking the preseason kool-aid you guys were pouring. by the way, how is the student section working out this year. have we blamed them for any of the team's dismal efforts?
    2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
    2012 NCAA Final 8
    2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
    2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by malz2000 View Post
      he might be looking for a new gig, but seriously who would want him! i for one am glad i wasn't drinking the preseason kool-aid you guys were pouring. by the way, how is the student section working out this year. have we blamed them for any of the team's dismal efforts?
      I was waiting to see how long it would take before you started posted your drivel again.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I was waiting to see how long it would take before you started posted your drivel again.
        Please stop quoting him. Ignore works so much better that way.

Comment

An article about Doug Carr's injury http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2270338.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            An article about Doug Carr's injury http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2270338.
            Thanks Ralph.

Comment

Game notes are up.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

One game at a time folks! Let's just try to enjoy the ride. Saw some amazing saves/plays over the past few weeks. Also saw some crazy inexplicable calls. Overall though I think things are shaking out just as they should based on how all the HE teams are playing. Does anyone think the bad calls have cost them more than one or two games? Its not like any one team, except maybe UNH, is running away with anything.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team lose to Merrimack and destroy BC this weekend. Its a game by game thing based on which team shows up...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                  One game at a time folks! Let's just try to enjoy the ride. Saw some amazing saves/plays over the past few weeks. Also saw some crazy inexplicable calls. Overall though I think things are shaking out just as they should based on how all the HE teams are playing. Does anyone think the bad calls have cost them more than one or two games? Its not like any one team, except maybe UNH, is running away with anything.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team lose to Merrimack and destroy BC this weekend. Its a game by game thing based on which team shows up...
                  Very true, spots #3-10 are wide open. To get to spot #3 though requires a complete change that the pattern we have been seeing since the Providence/Maine week around Thanksgiving. Roll the dice and see what happens.

Lowell must beat Merrimack (whether it's 6-2 or 2-1) tonight to have any hope in turning this ship around. That will be a big tiebreaker win that will be in the bag and get them fired up hosting BC. A third consecutive HE loss to Merrimack evening the season series and a 1-3-1 start to the second semester in league games would not be a good place to be for the River Hawks going into tomorrow's game.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                    Very true, spots #3-10 are wide open. To get to spot #3 though requires a complete change that the pattern we have been seeing since the Providence/Maine week around Thanksgiving. Roll the dice and see what happens.

Lowell must beat Merrimack (whether it's 6-2 or 2-1) tonight to have any hope in turning this ship around. That will be big tiebreaker win that will be in the bag and get them fired up hosting BC. A third consecutive HE loss to Merrimack evening the season series and a 1-3-1 start to the second semester in league games would not be a good place to be for the River Hawks going into tomorrow's game.
                    Tonight's game is really a must win just for this team's confidence. I think they know they played well last Saturday, but still lost. It was interesting to hear during the Prime Time show on Tuesday that while the kids expected to be killed in practice, Coach MacDonald actually took the other tact and put together a 3-on-3 tournament. Let them have a bit of fun, maybe help them relax a bit.

By the way, Hutton was mentioning during that interview that they expected to be "skated" on Monday. What is that? Is it like suicides in other sports?

Finally, John, I don't see why even the second spot in HE isn't available. Obviously this team needs to start playing better, but BC is currently in second, six points up, and Lowell has a game in hand. Win all three against BC, you get the tiebreaker, you catch up those points etc etc. #1 is pretty much not going to happen though.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Looks like the takeover of the arena is official. If you go to the http://paultsongasarena.com website and click on any link off the main page, all other pages default to the UML main website and you will see the new Tsongas Center logo.

Comment

River Hawks Speak at John A. Crisafulli Elementary in Westford.

Cell Phones for Soldiers Update: Over 180 Phones and $225 Donated

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised to see the team lose to Merrimack and destroy BC this weekend.
                          Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Finally, John, I don't see why even the second spot in HE isn't available. Obviously this team needs to start playing better, but BC is currently in second, six points up, and Lowell has a game in hand. Win all three against BC, you get the tiebreaker, you catch up those points etc etc.
                          Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Slow down guys. Will you be in attendance on Sat. night or will you still be in Fantasyland? Hit up some detox on the way back from there while you're both at it!!
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I've just heard that the BU game has been moved to 7:30 PM two weeks from tonight. Can anyone confirm or does anyone know if the game was picked up by NESN? Something else?
                            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              I've just heard that the BU game has been moved to 7:30 PM two weeks from tonight. Can anyone confirm or does anyone know if the game was picked up by NESN? Something else?
                              John, I just noticed it on the Tsongas Arena/Center website, in the news section. I'm not sure about NESN, according to their schedule the have the BC @ UMA game that night.
                              01.12.10 | UML River Hawks v BU time change
                              Please note the Fri., Feb. 5th UML v BU game time has been changed to 7:30 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Slow down guys. Will you be in attendance on Sat. night or will you still be in Fantasyland? Hit up some detox on the way back from there while you're both at it!!
                                What fun is life if you can't dream a bit?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X