• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread Part II

Game Notes are up.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Hendrickson picks a 3-2 loss tonight for Lowell, but a 3-2 win tomorrow at Merrimack.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Hendrickson picks a 3-2 loss tonight for Lowell, but a 3-2 win tomorrow at Merrimack.
        that sounds fair... man this season has been frustrating.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          that sounds fair... man this season has been frustrating.
          The frustrating part really is that I think any Lowell fan (who's honest with him/herself) can see a sweep, being swept, etc etc.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The frustrating part really is that I think any Lowell fan (who's honest with him/herself) can see a sweep, being swept, etc etc.
            These guys can do everything and nothing... I'm not sure i want to listen to the game because if they start blowing it we get to hear in the intermission on how they're having great practices and they have great potential and they can go far... I've heard that speech too many times.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              These guys can do everything and nothing... I'm not sure i want to listen to the game because if they start blowing it we get to hear in the intermission on how they're having great practices and they have great potential and they can go far... I've heard that speech too many times.
              They need to win tonight, period.

Hey Pat, What's the weather looking like in the DC area? It sounds like you may have your own white-out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                They need to win tonight, period.

Hey Pat, What's the weather looking like in the DC area? It sounds like you may have your own white-out tonight.
                I know the Baltimore office of my company is shutting down at noon. Fun weekend coming up for them.

Pat, do you have your bread, milk and water?
                Monty

Comment

If he's going to listen to the game he may need something stronger.

Comment

I know the Baltimore office of my company is shutting down at noon. Fun weekend coming up for them.

why do we need that... I've got beer

Yeah, NWS says 20-28... I think some of the locals say 18-24 "higher in spots"... I live in a high rise apartment complex so I should be fine... though I don't believe CVS will have any milk left by the time I get home which will be disappointing. Anyhow, they're letting me off in an hour and then its time to hit the gym. I figure I'll be home by 3... (2 hrs gym + hr train... nothing unusual).

You know, I don't mind the storm... its the whole weekend thing that gets me.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

For those thinking of heading to North Andover tomorrow night Merrimack is doing a $5 ticket promotion http://static.psbin.com/i/s/03tsxgqn...UML_public.pdf
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        For those thinking of heading to North Andover tomorrow night Merrimack is doing a $5 ticket promotion http://static.psbin.com/i/s/03tsxgqn...UML_public.pdf
                        Thank you so much! Printed!
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            From the Lowell Sun: Arena deal to be finalized on Friday.
                            Quote:
                            UMass Lowell, city closing arena deal on Friday
                            BOSTON -- The final piece of the deal needed to transfer ownership of the Tsongas Arena to UMass Lowell is in place, clearing the way for a grand reopening later this week.

Gov. Deval Patrick yesterday signed legislation that allows the Civic Arena and Stadium Commission to transfer ownership of the financially strapped arena to UMass in a deal that includes several land swaps and will take the arena off the city's books.

UMass Lowell officials plan to close on the financing Friday, in time for a ceremony that night to unveil the new Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell before the River hawks take on the Boston University Terriers.

The arena, also home to the AHL's Lowell Devils, posted a deficit off $1.2 million for fiscal 2009, despite staff and expense cuts. The arena carried an additional $360,000 in debt service in fiscal 2009.

UMass officials believe they can put the arena on solid financial footing by using it to attract a variety of events, while serving as a recruiting tool for prospective students.

The bill allows for a new authority called the Lowell Civic Stadium Commission to transfer ownership of the Tsongas Arena to the UMass Building Authority, while remaining involved in the oversight of the city-owned LeLacheur Park. The new commission is given the power to transfer all liquor licenses to the university.

UMass Lowell has agreed to buy the arena for $1, while the city has agreed to pay the remaining debt from construction. The university will also take ownership of land adjacent to the arena.
                            In return, UMass has agreed to finance $5 million in improvements to the arena , and will turn over a vacant, four-acre parcel on Pawtucket Boulevard to the city.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now updated on the Boston Globe site this evening... enjoy the gm all.. & more importantly, hope this deal works out for the U.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...lowell_ta.html
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I don't ever want to hear about having a good year ever again... it cannot happen until they actually do it.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Groundhog Day Part 234:

Lowell loses another one-goal game.

Lowell can't win a big game against BU.

Unless Lowell wins tomorrow, splits against BC and sweeps Maine, I don't see how we are getting home ice.

See you at Merr-i-mack.
                                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X